Angel in Disguise

Years.

March 23, 2001. Westchester County, New York

A fourteen year old girl with big blue eyes, wavy brown hair, and dimples to die for walked in to her class at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters.  She had been there for nine years, and had grown to except the fact that she was a mutant and not many people would like or understand it.  She herself still had trouble understanding it. She sat down in her normal spot and sighed.  The teacher, Jean Grey, walked to the front of the room and cleared her throat loudly.  "Alright, I need everyone's attention," she said.  Angel looked up at the beautiful redhead, wondering what they were going to learn today.  "Before we start, I would like to introduce a new student.". Jean motioned for someone in the back to step forward.  A pretty blond with bright purple eyes stepped forward.  "Class, this is Isabelle West.  I expect you all to make her feel welcome.  Why don't you take a spot next to Angel."

Angel raised her hand showing Isabelle where she was.  The pretty blond smiled and walked over. "Hey, my name's Angel," She greeted in her soft Texan accented voice.

"Isabelle, but you can call me Belle," the blond said. The two girls smiled at each other.  "Angel, I think this is going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

And it was.  The two girls did practically everything together.  Angel later learned that Belle's power was to control ice like her older brother, Bobby.  

Image


June 6, 2005.  Westchester County, New York

Eighteen year olds Angel and Belle looked longingly at Professor Xavier.  "I know you two will make this school proud," he said.  Angel sniffed slightly.  

"Can we still come visit?" She asked hopefully.  The man smiled.  

"How can I deny two of my favorite students that?" He asked.  Angel bent down, wrapping her long, thin arms around him.  

"We'll miss you," she said softly in her Texan drawl.  

"And I will miss both of you.  Do not doubt your places in this world " he said wisely.  The two girls nodded, and gave their other favorite teacher, Logan or Wolverine, a hug.  They were the only two, besides Rouge, that he liked.  He loved the two like little sisters and would die for both of them without a second thought.  

"If anyone gives you two trouble, call me," he ordered in his gruff voice.  The two nodded. 

"Love you too, Logan," they said in unison.  He ruffled their hair affectionately before walking back into the school.  He never did well with goodbyes.

About an hour later, they were piled into Angel's white Escalade and heading off.  "Where to first?" Angel asked when they got on the highway.  Belle stretched her long arms up over her head and sighed contently.  

I hear Florida is nice this time of year."

Image


August 17, 2007.  Miami, Florida

Twenty year olds Angel and Belle stared at each other, tears streaming down both of their faces.  They were going their separate ways for the first time in six years.  "Why do you want to go?" Angel asked softly to the newly dubbed Petty Officer Isabelle West.  Belle smiles tearfully.  

"The same reason that you're going back to Westchester County.  For our people," she said, sounding way beyond her twenty years.  

"But we'll be fighting two different wars," Angel cried.  Belle sniffed, wrapping her arms around her best friend.  

"Don't worry, Angel.  Everything will be okay."

Thirty minutes later, they both boarded two different planes; one heading to New York, the other to Iraq.

Image


May 14, 2011.  Washington D.C.

Twenty four year old Angel snapped a quick picture of the Abraham Lincoln Memorial while she waited for someone to meet her.  "You wouldn't happen to be waiting on little ole me, would ya?" She heard a familiar voice say.  She quickly turned around, her blue eyes wide and a large grin on her beautiful tan face showing off her dimples.  

"Belle!" She cried, tackling the best friend she hadn't seen in four years to the ground.

"I take it you missed me a lot," Belle grinned, wrapping her arms around her friend's thin frame.  

"Of course.  It hasn't been the same since you left," Angel said.  

"Okay, fill me in.  Last I heard, some dude named Magneto tried to take shit over," Belle said. Angel sighed, running a small hand through her hair.  

"You might want to sit down," Angel said, leading her friend to a bench.  Angel summed up the four years Belle had missed in an hour, and by the end, both were in tears.  "So, Jean, Scott, and Professor X are all dead?" She asked in a whisper.  Angel nodded.  "And Logan had to kill her?" Angel nodded again.  

"There was no other way.  Jean was unstoppable.  Logan was our only hope, and I know it kills him inside every time he thinks about it, which hurts me because I don't like to see my brother hurt," Angel explained.  

"You wanna go see him when we're done here?" Belle asked.  

"I don't know where he is," Angel admitted.  Belle sighed, and the two sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes until a large grin broke across her face.  

"I'm In the mood to party," she exclaimed loudly, making people look over at her with annoyed expressions.  When they noticed her uniform however, they quickly changed from annoyed to smiles of thanks.  Belle nodded at them and quickly stood up, holding out her hand for Angel to take.  "Come on, I don't like it when people stare at me." Angel chuckled lightly but stood up anyway.  

The two made their way back to the Hilton they were staying at, and went into their suite.  They went to their separate rooms to take showers.  When Angel was done, she quickly blow dried her hair into natural waves.  She groaned slightly when a pain hit her back, and realized her wings needed to stretch.  She let her wings spread out and sighed.  She felt so much better with them out.  She walked into her room, keeping her wings tight to her body so she didn't knock into anything, and picked out an outfit.  

She got changed quickly after putting her wings away and slipped on her shoes.  "You almost ready?" Belle asked from outside her door.  

"Yeah, I'm almost done," she called back.  She went into her bathroom again, and brushed her teeth quickly.  She walked back into her room, made sure she wasn't forgetting anything, then walked out of the room.  Belle  was standing there impatiently tapping her shoes.  

"About damn time," she mumbled before grabbing her purse and heading out the door.  Angel sighed contently.  She missed her best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Message? Subscribe? Tell me what you think, guys. Thanks.