I Don't Believe in Fairytales

Home Sweet Home

The mystery man and I had stayed up most of the night as I asked him multiple questions which he gladly answered. In the course of one night I learned that my first name was Trinity which I thought was an odd name, but in a good way because it was different. I was born on May 9, 1992 which meant I was twenty years old and I lived in California.

Apparently his name is Matt and he has been my boyfriend for a year now. He told me how we met at a beach party and he said that once he laid eyes on me he knew I was the only girl for him. I thought that was the sweetest thing I ever heard, but it made me sad that I couldn't remember it.

Finally today I could discharged from the hospital and go home. Matt had told me we live together along with like five or more others. At first I thought that was very strange, but he explained that we lived in a huge mansion and all the people we lived together with were long time friends.

After the doctors had run some tests on me they explained to Matt and I that during the car crash I was in I had hit my head rather hard which caused me to go into the coma because of the head trauma. The injury did not have extensive damage to my brain so the memory loss is not permanent, but it might not come back as quick as I would like. Over a course of time my memory will gradually return in small portions or so the doctors hope.

Matt had brought me some clothes to change into before I get released from the hospital. I was standing in the bathroom that was located in the room holding the clothes he gave me in my hands. Placing the clothing on the counter of the sink, I stripped out of the white hospital gown I was wearing. When I was about to grab the clothes I noticed something out of the corner of my eye on my right hip. A gasp fell from my lips when I focused on the tattoo inked on my skin of a skull with wings.

I needed to ask Matt what the hell was tattooed on my flesh. Placing that thought to the side, I first needed to finish getting dressed. I picked up the denim shorts from the clothing given to me slipping the material up my legs and zipping them up. Next was the scarlet red buttoned up shirt which perfectly matched my hair.

Once I was done getting dressed, I stepped out of the bathroom. Back in the room I was greeted with the sight of Matt sitting on the bed. My eyes were attracted to the bouquet of red roses that were in his hands. A large smile crawled onto his face when his hazel eyes landed on me. A warm fuzzy feeling erupted in my stomach as I stared at the man in front of me. He stood up from his position on the mattress and walked towards me.

"You look as beautiful as ever," he complimented me, making the blood rush to my cheeks, "I got these for you."

"You didn't have to get these for me, Matt," I said, taking the flowers when he handed them to me.

"I know, but I almost lost you once, Trinity, I don't ever want to go through that again," he said, placing is large calloused hand on the soft skin of my cheek.

A small smile graced my lips when he said those words. He stepped closer to me making sure there was no gap of space between us. His face leaned down towards mine placing his lips on mine. It was a quick innocent kiss, but I still felt the spark when our lips touched. Stepping back, he grabbed my small hand intertwining our fingers together.

"Ready to go home?" He asked.

"Before we go, Matt, can you tell me what is this tattoo is," I said, pushing up the material of my shirt to reveal the inked flesh.

"Oh, that is the logo of my band," he explained, "I have one similar to it."

He lifted up his shirt to show me the tattooed skull with bat like wings on his lower stomach. My eyes were glued to his exposed skin until he dropped the cotton of his shirt to cover up his torso. He smirked at me when he saw that I was staring at his stomach which made me avert my eyes away from him as a blush crept onto my face.

"Anymore questions?" He inquired which I answered by shaking my head, "Good, now let's go home."

Matt kept our hands interlocked as he led me out of the room. He had already signed the discharged papers so we walked straight out of the hospital and into the parking lot. I followed him towards a black SUV where he opened up my door and helped me into the car. Once I was buckled in the car, he shut the door and walked to the drivers side before getting in. He started up the vehicle and drove out onto the street towards the home I don't remember.

My gaze was fixated out of the window mesmerized by the beautiful California scenery that was passing by in a blur. I was a little excited to be going to the place I called home, but I was also nervous. What if the people I had thought of as friends won't want any part of me since I don't remember any of them? Matt doesn't seem too upset that I lost my memory he is pretty optimistic about it all.

"Matt, do they all know what happened?" I asked, knowing that he knew who I was talking about.

"Yeah I told them yesterday when you woke up," he said.

"They didn't know about the accident when I was in a coma?" I questioned, confused.

"No, I didn't tell them because I knew they would all be worried sick over you. I just wanted to make sure you were going to wake up."

The silence consumed the car as I stared out the window while my mind was in deep thought. I couldn't fret over these confused explanations because Matt has been so nice and patient with me ever since I woke up. He was the only one I could trust now since I have no memory of anything and he seems to have all the answers to all of my questions.

My thoughts were cut short when I felt the vehicle come to a complete spot. My attention turned to gaze out the windshield at the tall structure of the gorgeous mansion staring down at me. I could not believe I lived in a house this big and beautiful. How could I not remember any of this? For some reason all of this seemed to real to be true. How is it normal for someone to live in a huge mansion with their boyfriend along with their friends? Does that not sound weird to you?

Matt got out of the car before coming around to my side and opening up my door. He helped me out of the car and placed his hand on the small of my back as he led me towards the house. My hands tightened their grip on the green stems on the roses as my nerves started to kick in. My heart beat started to accelerate as I felt my stomach turn into knots.

We reached the front door where Matt looked down at me smiling which calmed down my nerves a little. He opened the door before leading me inside of the large house. Once inside the residence we were greeted with the sight of four individuals along with a loud chorus of 'Welcome home!'

A smile formed on my lips as I looked at the four welcoming people standing in front of me. There was only one girl who had dark colored skin with long wavy black hair. She was very pretty especially with the large grin adorning her face. Next to her was a very tall man with black hair that was long in the front and short in the back. He had the bluest eyes I have ever seen along with the goofiest smile on his lips. The guy beside him was the shortest with a black and blonde colored mohawk. The last guy was slightly pudgy and he had the most gorgeous green eyes. All the men had tattoos covering the flesh of their arms just like Matt.

My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion when I realized there were only four people when I remember Matt telling me there was five. My confusion was resolved when I saw another man enter the room. He had spiky brown hair with chocolate brown eyes and he also had many tattoos covering the skin of his arms. I noticed the expression on his beautiful face was one of anger as he stalked over towards us.

My eyes widened and a sharp gasp escaped through my lips at the next action that occurred. The guy who had just entered the room stepped right up to Matt and punched him right in the face knocking him down to the floor. His brown eyes looked down at me which I saw the hurt and pain trapped in those chocolate orbs. The tall man with the blue eyes grabbed the guy who punched Matt and dragged him out of the room followed by the others leaving Matt and I alone.

I sat down on my knees next to Matt on the ground. He was still conscious, but that guy really did a number on him as I saw the blood dripping down his bruised nose. My mind wondered why he did that to Matt, but what I really wondered was why did I have this aching feeling in my chest when he looked at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you xo.Shadows Synner.xo, MisfitCarter, A7X-PapaRoachLvr, MoMo_92, Neon_Skies_Killjoy and SevenfoldGirl_ all very much for your awesome comments. Also thanks to all of my subscribers and to those who recommened my story it means a lot to me.