Status: On Hiatus. Will be updated when possible.

Welcome To Paradise.

At The Library.

I thank the lord for starting school on a Friday. This means I would have the chance to clear my mind. I had woken up to the sound of children playing on the street while cars honked the horns in annoyance because of the children in their way.

I slowly made my way downstairs to see my dad had already made me some tea. Did I mention my Dad rules?

“What’s up Emily?” My dad asked the minute I walked down the stairs. My god the man was a psychic I swear.

“Nothing, Why?” I lied.

“Oh, its just you never came home after school yesterday.”

“Oh I was with Billie.” I smiled.

“Yeah he is a nice kid alright.” My dad smiled.

Did you ever hear the expression “Speak of the man and he’ll appear.” No? Well lets just say Billie did that.

“Hello Emily.” He popped his head around the door.

“In the kitchen Billie.” I responded.

“Oh hi Mr Williams. Emily go get dressed we’re going out for some fun.” Billie smiled the crooked smile. The boy was up to something.

“Dad.” I asked.

“Sure, knock yourself out.” He said while briefly looking up from his newspaper.

“Sure, I’ll be down in two minutes.” I said as I ran towards the stairs.

I threw on the first thing that came to my hands which just happened to be my Clash t-shirt with shorts and my white converse. Well the weren’t so white. But still white.

I ran back down the stairs to see my dad and Billie on conversation about something.

“Ready Billie?” I asked from the end of the stairs.

“Yeah, Bye.”

“Bye Dad.”

We were gone before my dad had even realised. I swear the man and his attention span.

“So what is this fun day were going to have.” I asked Billie as we walked out of Ashburn Drive and out onto the main street heading to Rodeo.

“Well were going to meet up with the guys.” Billie simply replied.

“That’s it.” I replied

“Oh ye of little faith.” Billie mocked an English accident.

“You freak.” I replied with a small laugh.

“And that’s why you love me.” Billie laughed while he slug his arm around my shoulder and we walked through the streets of Rodeo talking about little stuff until we arrived at a library.

I had realised that Billie had seen the gang and he meant everyone. Karen, Tess, Oli, Tre and indeed Mike. Poor Mike.

I had walked over with Billie and every said their hello’s. Everyone expect Tess.

“Emily can I talk to you alone?” she said sternly.
“Sure.” I replied. Unprepared on what was about to unfold next.

“What’s up Tess.” I asked innocently.

Little did I know, The nice Tess that I had meet in school was gone. She looked pissed.

“Y’know its your fault that Mike is in the condition he is in right?” She said bitterly.
I was completely shocked. It wasn’t my fault. Was it?

I sat there shocked. Not knowing what to say back to her. All I did was hang my head and lets the tears flow out silently. But Tess wasn’t done with me just yet.

“I don’t know who you think you are Emily, but you’re not going to get away with playing my best friend around.” she said her voice getting louder. She didn’t even notice how loud her voice was getting.

“Calm down--” I tried to say.

“DON’T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN.” Tess shouted back bitterly.
And that’s when she caught the attention of the others.
Oli and Karen had taken Tess away to came down as I sat there with Billie and Tre trying to calm down with a shell shocked Mike looking towards me.

“What was she saying?” Tre asked innocently. His hand rubbing my back. He was doing his best to try and calm me down and half succeeding.

“She said that is its my fault.” I said pointing to Mike. “And she’s right. It’s my fault.”

I cried more into Tre’s tee shirt. Mike still had the look of a deer caught in the headlights look.

Mike’s POV.

The silence became defining. All you could hear was you could hear was the sobs from Emily that were quickly quieting down.

I couldn’t believe Tess had gone and said that to Emily. I mean who gave her the right to. This was between Emily and I. I suddenly caught Billie in the eye and man even he looked pissed.

“So much for a fun day out.” Billie said sarcastically.

“I’m sorry Beejay.” Emily piped up.

“Hey Emz, its not your fault. Its Tess’s she had no right to say anything and believe or not I had already warned her to say nothing.”

Emily smiled. Her smile was perfect. It made my heart flutter.

But my mind was set on other things, what was Tess thinking. Why would she do that. She’s knows the situation with Emily. But maybe that’s why.

“Oh shut up Mike, she has a boyfriend, Oli remember!” I thought to myself.

I was going to have to talk to Tess and fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and sweet I know. I'll make the next one longer. I've just been busy. I would like to thank my friend Tess for the inspiration.

Read. Comment and Subscribe and you earn yourself a cookie! :D