I Can Keep A Secret If You Can Keep Me Guessing

Just Answer Me One Question.

(Flashback)
"Babe, what's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked her, worried.
"I'm fine Alex, it's just, um, we need to talk." She told me, her voice cracking as she led me inside.
I sat down on the couch, confused and scared of what might be coming. She left the room, and came back in with a cardboard box.
"Um, this is most of the things you've given me." She began, emptying out the box as she talked "You cds, the stuffed animals, your DVD, all of the tee shirts, and this." She said, pulling the diamond necklace I had given her for our five year anniversary out of the box and dropping it into my outstretched palm.
"Why are you giving me these things? There yours." I responded, setting the necklace down on the coffee table.
"Not anymore. I can't keep them, not now."
"Are, are you, bre-breaking up with me?" I asked her, shock and hurt filling up in my chest.
"I'm so sorry Alex. I love you, I really do. I just can't, I can't be with you anymore." She said, as tears streamed down her face.
"So almost six years means nothing to you?" I asked, getting angry.
"No, they mean something. They mean everything, it's just--" She was interrupted by a guy coming down the stairs. He was shirtless, and fairly muscular. Lisa looked from me, to him with a terrified expression on her face.
"Is this it? You're dating someone else?" I shouted, standing up.
"Alex, I'm so sorry. I wanted to tell you sooner. but--"
"Sooner? So this has been going on for a while?" I yelled, interrupting her. "I can't believe you were fucking cheating on me!"
"Alex I--" She began, but I didn't let her finish. I was already almost out the door.
"Just answer me one question." I requested, the door open behind me. "How long has this been going on?"
"Almost four months." She answered, her face filled with shame that I could tell was just an act. She didn't care. If she cared she wouldn't have done this in the first place.
I slammed the necklace on the floor, and stormed out of her house.
(End Flashback)
It's been almost a month since Lisa had broken up with me, and it still kills me inside. I had trusted her. We were together for too long for her to just end things so quickly. It would probably hurt less had she not cheated. Knowing that I wasn't good enough for her, so she had to secretly find somebody else was what hurt me the most.
I poured myself a glass of wine, and sat alone in the back lounge of the bus. It was late, so everybody was sleeping. Drinking helped keep my mind off of Lisa. It made the pain go away, at least for a little while.
Five glasses later and I was starting to feel a little bit woozy.
"Alex?" A sleepy voice suddenly invaded the silence of the back lounge. I looked up to see my best friend Jack standing in the door way, looking worried.
"Jack!" I slurred, pushing myself off the couch. I stumbled towards him and wrapped my arms sloppily around his neck.
"You're drinking again." He said, not as a question, as a statement. "Alex, you've got to stop this. You've been drinking almost every night after the shows ever since Lisa ended things. It's not healthy."
"I'm fine, it's just a little wine." I replied with a yawn.
"I'ts more than a little wine Alex......" The rest of his accusations were drowned out as I fell to the floor, and all sounds around me faded into the sweet nothingness that is sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this used to be the second chapter, now it's the first, and I've been playing around with it. I've been away from mibba for so long, I really need to start updating. Comment and let me know what you think, and subscribe if you like it.