Status: Ha

WTF

I Am Your Father

I woke inside the bus. I struggled to stand up. Something feels different…again. The last time I changed Max told because of I was getting mature and it is normal. Well, normal as much as I can get. ‘Changing’ is different this time. I don’t feel different but I know I am.

No one is inside. I open the bolted door with a kick. The bus almost tilts to the right. Outside is normal except for more dead zombies. The gas station is covered in dead meat. I don’t like that I almost drooled.

From inside, I find everybody in peace. They were listening to music and dancing around. Without me. It was as if they were celebrating about my arrival. But I know better. Their party must have started a while ago. I whistled to get their attention. They stopped what they were doing, leaving the music still on. To me, their eyes were filled with shock. I counted every single head. One is missing.

Martha runs at me. “You’re alive!”

“I can see that,” I said to her.

She hugs me and looks at my face. She said, “Your eyes changed. They were blue before but now they're black."

Martha finds a mirror. I take it from her hands and hold it in front of me. My eyes are different colors. Maybe it’s because I ‘changed‘.
Human #1 said, “We’ve got to catch up.”

We sit, forming a circle. “It’s 2 weeks since you got sick. We thought you died, so we left you in the bus.”

“We ran out of water. Ten said he’ll look for some. He found this house that had a secret passage way. We went in and there was a person in this huge room that had so many hi-tech computers,” Brad said.

“Who's Ten?” I asked.

Brad pointed at human #1. Martha said, “The man was experimenting on live humans. He was injecting the virus into them. Ten killed him. It was so gross.”

Ten said, “On his lab coat his name was labeled. Do you know a Mr. Harrison?”

I do. He used to say this out loud: “Hurry it up. Don’t poke her skin so roughly! Do you know how much beatings I will get if we fail this time? Just carefully inject the fluids. How hard can it be to poke a needle through one of her veins?” He would talk to his assistants. Out loud, as if I didn’t understand him. I nod to the group.

“He was one of them,” I tell them.

But their story wasn’t finished yet. Martha said, “We were running out of the house because, who knew if he died the building would start a self destruct sequence? Anyway, Thom died. He was bitten. We Didn’t even know until Kit told us. Sean killed him before he turned. So bye-bye to him. Oh, by the way, that’s Kit.” She pointed to human #2.

“Then who is that girl?” I asked.

“Oh, she was saved by Kit and Ten. Her name is Stormie.”

“It was surprising to find my sister,” Brad said.

We were talking about what happened when Untoten threw an empty glass beer bottle at my head. It shattered into pieces on the ground. I turn ready to kick his ass when he presses his finger on his lips. He whispers, “They’re here.”

With two words Untoten has scared the crap out of me. From the opposite of the very dirty glass windows I can barely see the giant trucks roaming around. Some humans get out. They point very scary guns at the gas station. One screamed, “Get out, all of you, or we’ll shoot.”

They won’t shoot at a gas station. It will surely explode. And there is no way we are going outside. They will take us to somewhere with explosive gas and kill us. I saw it in a movie. I don’t think the others have seen that movie because they go outside. “What are you doing?!” I yell at them. They ignore me and only see the big guns pointing in front of them. Why would I expect them to at least be smart about the situation. We had good cover in the gas station. I suddenly felt alone. It is pretty empty here. Oh, what the hell? What can get worse than this?

I get out of the gas station. I climb into one of the big trucks trying to ignore the many guns pointing at me. Inside the truck was 3 people in scary suits and one in a fancy suit. He welcomes me with a big smile. “Won’t you say hi to your dad? I was the one that used my sperm to create you.”

Both creepy and gross. “Hi dad… What do you want?”

His smile grows wider. “I want you to do a favor for me. A little birdie has told me you need some help.”

My eyes grow wide. So there is a spy in the humans. But he said he’ll help me. I tell him “Keep talking.”