Status: Active

It Should've Been Me Instead Of Him

"I can't believe this!"

John.

My eyes fluttered open as I felt my cell phone buzzed through my skinny jeans. I knew it was just a text so I didn't pay so much attention and I just paid my attention to The TV which was still on with the 'From Paris With Love', I immediately turned the TV and DVD off. The basement turned silent afterward and I felt anxious a sudden. I turned around to see Cam and Luna but apparently they were asleep already. Cam was asleep on the couch and so was Luna, she rested her head on his lap. My anxiety increased and suddenly I remembered about Julie. How was she? I knew she was fine with her own boyfriend but it was Zack, he should've been suspected sometimes. I immediately glanced at my watch and found out it was 1 am already. It was why the couple and me had been asleep.

Julie had her own keys and I shouldn't have to worry but Julie was with Zack. I knew who actually he was and I couldn't let her spend the night with that guy. I checked my cell phone and hoped Julie was the one who texted me and told that she was alright but it wasn't her. It was Alex, asking if I was with his cousin. I knew he always called me if he couldn't call Julie, so I thought I needed to go home now. Who knew if Julie was already home? I hoped so. I poked Cam on the arm several times until his eyes fluttered open. He knew what I wanted so he immediately stood up after placing Luna's head carefully on the couch.

*****


I was about to get into the house after unlocking the front door, but suddenly a bright light distracted my eyes. I turned around and saw a taxi drove into the driveway. Someone then got out of the passenger seat before he went to the backseat. It was Zack. Yeah I could see him but where was Julie?

I walked towards the taxi to make sure and there.. I found Julie lying on the backseat and Zack was about to help her out of the taxi. What the hell happened?!

Without saying anything, I spun Zack around so he was facing me. I punched him right on his face and he looked so shock. "What the fuck?!" He yelled.

"What happened to her?!" I yelled back before giving him another punch and now his lips was bleed but I didn't give a fuck. He looked at me with his eyes filled by anger.

He was about to punch me on the stomach but suddenly the taxi driver arbitrated us. "Stop it!" He yelled at us and glared slightly at Zack. "Just get your girl out of my taxi and pay for the drive!"

Once Zack paid for the taxi, it was gone in a minute. Now Julie was in my embrace and I could smell alcohol from her mouth. Was she really drunk? I couldn't believe it because I knew she didn't use to it. I frowned and glared at Zack. He turned away to avoid my gaze afterward. "She's drunk, huh?" I asked calmly as I headed to the terrace, Zack following behind.

"She-she's-" He stuttered, guilty in his voice. "I promised her not to be drunk, but-"

"Whatever. I don't need your explanation," I said before turning back to face him. "Now just get the fuck out of here!"

Before he could even say any word, I slammed the door hard right over his face. I always knew he wasn't a perfect boyfriend for her. I always knew.

*****


"John, save me! John! John!" I could hear her voice vaguely but I couldn't see anything. It was so dark but I could see a bright room at the end of the hall. I stepped carefully before I almost died in shock.

There was Julie on the bed. She was crying and bleeding while Zack was holding a small knife which full of blood. At the corner of the room, there was Becky, my angel. She was surrounded by light which made the room bright. "Save her, John. She's your soulmate." She said, smiling at me.

My eyes widened directly once the nightmare ended. I was wet in sweat and my head ached so bad. And in my sitting position while I had been asleep, I accidentally made my waist hurt. Suddenly I was back to reality when my cell phone buzzed through my skinny jeans. My right hand which I always used to pick the phone was actually held by Julie on my side. She was peace asleep and I was glad to know that my nightmare wasn't real. I rushed to take my phone with my left hand instead and found Cam texted me.

Cam: Don't forget to come over at 1 pm, okay? It's Monday, you remember? :D

I rolled my eyes. Of course I remembered it was Monday and we had our students coursed every Monday and Thursday.

I couldn't move as long as Julie held my hand so I remained sitting there and watched her peaceful face before eventually her eyes fluttered open. She held her head and frowned, I could imagine her head ached as fuck due to be drunk last night. And a shock look showed on her face once she realized I was there, beside her with her hand on my hand. I just smiled in return. "You were drunk la-"

"What the fuck?" She suddenly cursed. I had never heard her cursed before so I rolled my eyes in response. "How could I in my pajamas?"

Yes. Awkward. I scratched the back of my neck before speaking. "I-I changed you into your pajamas-"

Suddenly a hard slap landed right on my cheek. She immediately hopped off of the bed before turning at me. Her face was red. "I can't believe this!" She screamed before running, leaving her bedroom.

"I didn't do anything!" I yelled back. "I swear to God..." I trailled off and fell on my knees before resting my head on my hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know why but I think my writing better at John's POV than Julie's POV. Anyone think the same?
If you think the same as me, then just comment because I really want to make my writing better at all. Thank you ;-)