Status: Active

It Should've Been Me Instead Of Him

"A best friend wouldn't speak ill of his own best friend."

Julie.

"I didn't do anything!" I heard him yell back at me once I was outside my bedroom. I ran downstairs as if he chased me but he actually didn't. I thought of what if he raped me? What if he used me? What if..? I couldn't think of negative things about him for real. Even I thought of what if he saved me when I was drunk last night? And my thoughts were snapped out when suddenly my feet slipped and caused me to hit the floor, causing a loud thud.

"Julie?" He called out and his facial expression changed when he saw me falling down to the floor. He immediately ran towards me and tried to help me. "How could you-"

"Don't touch me." I cut him off and he immediately stopped his action. He looked at me in confusion. "Please just get the fuck away from me."

"But Julie, I said I didn't-"

"I know. But I can help myself." I tried to stand by myself and trudged towards the bathroom, he followed behind. I turned back to face him, "John, please."

"Okay. Okay." He put his hands up, giving up on my attitude. "I'm just- I'm just sorry, okay? I didn't mean anything but- whatever. I just didn't like the way you were drunk. If you had some problems, you can share.. with me." I heard him say those words as I washed my face in the sink. "I gave Zack what he needed for letting you get drunk."

I choked when he said Zack. "What?"

He rolled his eyes. "I don't like him, to be honest. He's not a perfect boyfriend for you. A good boyfriend would never let you-"

"Shut up." I interrupted and he frowned a sudden. "He's perfect for me. You just don't know him."

"You're wrong. I know him better than you. I know him before you. I'm his best friend."

I sighed, looking at him with my hands crossed over my chest. He looked down at me and we just stayed silent there for awhile before the doorbell rang and distracted me. "A best friend wouldn't speak ill of his own best friend." I said, walking past him.

He caught me by my wrist before I could reach the front door, "I just don't like him for being with you, okay?"

I didn't speak. I ignored him this time and could just sigh before I opened the door and found a muscular guy outside. I immediately hopped to hug him and he just chuckled before hugging me back. "Hey babygirl." He kissed the top of my head. "You aren't sick, are you?"

"Nope." I said, looking up at him and there I found his lips swollen. I touched it and he grimaced in pain. "What the hell's going on with it?"

"Oh this is-" he looked at John whom stood behind me then looked back at me, smiling. "There's nothing with it. Once I got up, there's it." He shrugged his shoulder and I narrowed my eyes at John suspiciously.

"What's it for?" John questioned about my narrowed eyes at him, scratching the back of his neck.

"You did it to Zack, didn't you?" I accused him.

"Then what's the matter? I said-"

"You gave him what he needed for letting me get drunk?" I continued his words. "That's not what he needed! He wasn't the cause of why I got drunk last night!"

Zack soothed me with rubbing my back. "You don't deserve to snap him like that, Julie."

"After what he did to you? You're my boyfriend and I am defending you, Zack." I said sarcastically as I looked into John's eyes but he looked down, avoiding my gaze. "Now just get me out of this fucking house!"

Zack let out a sigh and nodded quickly. "Just get changed and I'll wait for you on the car."

Once Zack left the foyer and I was about to leave, suddenly John spun me around by my shoulders and looked right into my eyes. "You can't leave like this, Julie." He shook his head. I didn't reply, I just threw his hands away from me before jogging upstairs to reach my bedroom.

*****


Once the car pulled to a park, Zack got out of the car and went to my side. "What do we do here?" I asked him.

"Gotta get you ice cream," he said and smiled sweetly at me, pulling my wrist before locking the car. "There's usually an ice cream truck near here and all I know ice cream could always change a bad mood into a good mood. And you just-"

"I know, Zack." I cut him off and he looked straight into my eyes. I smiled at him before planting a kiss on his cheek. "That's the sweetest of you. You always know what you should do and I love you due to it."

I told him the truth, it wasn't a lie and it was just true. Although I thought that I was in love with John but I did love Zack, too. He was just too perfect to be hurt and I wasn't going to leave him just because I loved John. He was too precious, he was my everything.

My thoughts immediately flew away once Zack nudged me on the ribs. I looked around and soon realized that we were in front of the ice cream truck already. Zack waved his hand over my face and I just looked at him blankly. "Are you okay?"

"Um, yeah I'm fine." I said groggily with a force smile. "What's up?"

"You just daydreamed all the way here and- okay, now what do you want?"

"A small vanilla cone." I simply replied.

"So, a large chocolate cone and a small vanilla cone?" The little girl on the ice cream truck repeated, making sure.

"Yup, thanks." Zack grinned, handing her way more than the ice cream cost. We waited there for awhile and once the little girl handed us our ice cream, I wandered to a swing and sat there while Zack just stood behind me, resting a hand on my shoulder. "I used to be here with Stella when we were younger." was all he said a sudden.

I almost choked on my ice cream due to hearing about Stella. I wondered inwardly why he talked about her a sudden. I could confess that I was a little jealous now but then I tried not to show it up. "Really? She sounded so special."

It might sound like I was jealous but I didn't care cause it was all I felt. Zack just chuckled in response and hugged me from behind. He whispered onto my ear. "She wasn't and she won't be cause I have you." I blushed slightly before I dared to look up at him, forcing a smile but I couldn't. He then went to face me and knelt down, holding my hands. "We're here now, we're eating ice cream now. Those things are about to change your bad mood into a good mood and I don't want to ruin this moment with talking about Stella, make you jealous, and then you're gonna break me up." He said, smirking.

I felt my cheeks burning. I knew he always knew what I felt with looking into my eyes. That's why I had never wanted to look into his eyes when John around. I turned away to avoid his gaze. "I'm not jealous, you know."

"I know. I know you are." He said, pulling me into a warm hug before kissing the top of my head lovingly. "And you know as well, I love you Julie."

I loved him this way. He was too perfect to be left.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think of this chapter? I'm so glad of this and I hope you guys too. :)
Feedback?