Status: Active

It Should've Been Me Instead Of Him

"It was just.. literally?"

John.

I woke up to the light knocks on the door. Shit. My eyes were still heavy but I could feel it wasn’t a morning anymore so I forced myself to get up. I trudged to the door, unlocking it before finding myself almost died because of seeing a really pretty girl in front of me. Okay it was excessive but whatever, it was what I felt. I immediately cleared my throat once I realized my jaw dropped open and before let myself drool over this girl.

“Good morning, John.” She greeted and showed the gorgeous smile. Before I could even reply it, suddenly the smile changed into a pout. “You’ve never locked your bedroom before.”

“Uh yeah..” I scratched the back of my neck in awkwardness, it was such a habit. “It was just.. literally?”

She frowned because of my response. Of course, I couldn’t let her know why I locked my bedroom. I couldn’t tell her that it was because I didn’t want her to know that I wrote a song for her. It was like.. kinda crap for her, huh?

“Whatever.” She said, rolling her eyes. “Just wanna tell ya, Tom’s waiting downstairs so you should take a bath soon.”

Just as she turned back to step away from my bedroom, I instantly grabbed her arm, making her narrowed her eyes at me. “S-sorry.” I stuttered, letting go of her arm anyway. “I just wanna know what time is it and why you don’t go to college and why you’re being this pretty-” oops, did I just say she was pretty? Why could I be so dumb? I was sure as hell, my cheeks reddened right now cause I felt heat up.

“What? Did you say that I’m pretty? How cute!” she exclaimed, teasing me, making my cheeks heat up even more. She looked at her wristwatch afterward, chuckling. “It’s 12 and means you’re so late. And I don’t go to college because I don’t want to.”

“Oh Julie, you know it’s not easy to get the scholarship at NYU, you shouldn’t-”

“Shh..” she cut me off. “You know it’s my first time about skipping and I just feel bored at college lately, okay? Just take a bath, poor Tom for waiting for you.”

I didn’t say a single word, just staring at her. How could this Julie who I got to know about nine months change this much? I wondered inwardly, not wanting her to change this much. I missed the old Julie Carl Stewart.

I knew she felt uneasy as I sent her that stare because she started to shift here and there. Her moves just made her funny, so instead of kept staring at her, I grinned widely before pinching her nose. “Okay, I’ll take a bath. Tell Tom to stay there, alright?” I winked.

After I was done showering and was dressed up, I immediately went downstairs with my guitar in hand to meet Tom in the living room. I knew Tom came here because he wanted to practice again, but apparently I found Tom was sitting there, playing his own guitar with Julie beside him.

“Hey,” I interrupted. Tom and Julie looked up at me in unison. I then took a seat on the couch next to Julie, so she was in between me and Tom. “Apparently you bring your guitar.”

“You know it’s uneffective not having your own guitar while practice.” I nodded at his statement before he continuing. “Moreover I wanted to show Julie how success you are at teaching me.”

I just shook my head this time and laughed but interrupted by Julie. “Don’t be humble, he’s right. He’s just as great as you at playing guitar now. Moreover it comes to If I Let You Go.”

“Yeah, yeah I know.” I smirked but my heart sunk when she mentioned that song. I had never thought that her taste in music was also similar to Becky's. What an amazing.. Why did my crushes always have the same thing to compare? Why the hell did I have to think about this? I then shook my head and changed the topic. “Can we have lunch first before practicing? My stomach has squealed since I woke up.”

Tom looked at me but turning to face Julie as my eyes focused at her. She just laughed in response. “Don’t worry I’ve cooked awhile ago for your lunch. Now let’s get to the kitchen.”

“You know, Tom? Her cuisine is so delicious, you’ll never regret.” I said as we all were at the dining room.

“You’re to excessive.” Julie responded, rolling her eyes but chuckling at the same time. As Julie was about to take a seat across from me at the dining table, suddenly we all heard the sound of horn honked several time and Julie got back up immediately. “It must be Zack.” she mumbled but it was quite clear to be heard. “So sorry guys, I have to go. Just enjoy your lunch, okay?”

With that, she left upstairs. I guessed she was about to take some her stuffs in her bedroom. I got up from my seat and looked down at Tom who stared at me right now. I told him to stay while I would go upstairs to talk to Julie.

Once I got to the doorstep of her bedroom, she was about to get out so we almost collided. “Where are you going?”

She just shrugged in response. “Just hang out with some Zack’s friends.. maybe? why?”

“I’ve never guessed you’d skip your college just for hanging out with him and all his friends.”

“Shh.. that’s up to me, okay?” she said sarcastically, sounding so irritated with my statement.

With that, she walked past me downstairs. Did she really change this much? I hated disliked this Julie. I wanted the old Julie to come back but was it possible? I remained at my position until I heard the door slammed hard downstairs. Uh.. this Julie, could I change her just like what she did to me awhile ago?

My thoughts then were shooed away as I remembered Tom was still here, waiting at the dining room. I went downstairs and found him still with his full plate. “Why didn’t you eat your meal?”

My question caused him to look up at me then gave me a half-smile. “Of course, I’m waiting for you sir.” I rolled my eyes st his statement and he just laughed. “Uh well, John.. did you just.. ‘quarrel’ with her?”

“I don’t know.” I simply just shrugged, not knowing what I should reply. “Just eat our meals then I’ll show you something, okay?"
♠ ♠ ♠
1,098 words.
Yes, it's just a little bit of filler :)
guess what does he want to show Tom?
so what do you guys think? like or dislike? just gimme some comments, alright?
I love you so much, my loyal readers <3