Status: Active

It Should've Been Me Instead Of Him

"I just care about you, John."

John.

I just stared at my meals, I didn’t feel hungry. Suddenly, someone touched my shoulder and I shocked. She was Julie. She made me blush caused I just stared about her, then she came and touched my shoulder. As if she could read my mind. She asked about my condition. Maybe she worried because I didn’t touch my meals, just staring at them. I couldn’t say anything. I ignored her and she left me alone.

I made my way to my room, passing Alex’s room and heard Julie mentioned my name there.

“John seemed so pale. I’m just afraid if he’s sick. You must bring him to a clinic.” Julie worried.

“No need to. He’s fine.” Alex laughed.

“LEXY! I’m serious..”

I just heard some of their conversation, then I decided to sleep. My eyelids were heavy.

*****


I smelled milk and I forced my eyes to open. I found Julie as she smiled at me. She brought a glass of milk for me.

“How was your condition, John?” Julie worried. “You just ignored me last night.” She pouted.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.” I answered hurriedly as I rubbed my eyes. “And sorry about last night.”

“It’s okay. But you must go to a clinic.” Julie said as she sat on the edge of my bed. “Let me accompany you.”

“No need to, I’m fine.” I refused.

“You have to, John. Drink the milk, then take a bath. I’ll wait you in the dining room for breakfast, after that we’ll go to a clinic.” Julie forced me as she left me alone in my room.

Julie seemed so care about me and I felt a bit happy to know that. I rushed to take a bath and had breakfast with Julie and Alex. Then Julie and I went to a clinic for check up. We were walking alone headed to the clinic while Alex just stayed at home. And I felt so nervous, noticing Julie was walking beside me. Apparently Julie realized that I was noticing her.

“John?” Julie shocked me.

“W-what?” I stuttered as I bear my nervousness.

“Nothing..” she smiled. “just wanna see your smile instead of your flat smile!” she chuckled as I blushed, but I was just quiet. I didn’t know how should I answer her.

*****


The doctor told that I had stress, too many problems in my mind. He gave me some medicine to soothe me. Knew that I had stress, Julie worried me more than before and took care of me.

“Take your medicine, then take a rest.” Julie said as she wrapped my body with a blanket.

“Don’t worry about me, please.” I said as I held her hand. “I’m okay.”

“But the doctor said that-”

“But I feel good.” I cut her words as I put my pointed finger on her lips and our eyes met, we blushed.

“Okay, but you must know. I just care about you, John.” She smiled and left me alone in my room, she left me with my pounded heart.

Julie.

It's been 6 months since John stayed with Alex and me. I just didn’t understand when Alex said that John would stay with us for awhile, but until now John still stayed with us. It was okay, no problem if John would stay with us for long time.

I found John in his room. His room door opened. I just could see his back, he sat on his bed. I approached him, intending to invite him for dinner. I almost touched his shoulder, but I stopped my hand when I saw him crying. He held and looked at a photo of a girl. The photo must be Becky’s. She was so beautiful with her smile. I knew John missed her so much and I decided not to bother and left him alone.

*****


Alex dropped me off to school for last time before he had to go back to England. Alex’s dad called him last night, telling him that he should go back to England. Alex would manage his family company for months, while his dad stayed in Singapore to meet his clients.

“You’ll be okay with John.” Alex smiled. “I’ve ordered him to take care of you.”

“No need to, I could take care of myself.”

“You need to, you’re a girl and you need him to take care of you.” Alex sighed and was just quiet for a couple seconds before continuing his words. “My flight at 10 AM. Just call John if you need him to pick you up.” Alex explained.

“Be careful, my Lexy. I’m gonna miss you.” I whispered as I hugged Alex tightly before I got out of the car.

*****


I passed some lessons with nothing, today. I just wasn’t focus. Alex would leave me alone with John for months, it meant no more laughs for months. I just stared then suddenly I thought that there was a chance to change John’s weird attitude.

I sat at the corner of the canteen with my orange juice on the table. Suddenly Cameron came with a beautiful girl next to him. She must be Cameron’s new girlfriend.

“Hey Julie! She’s Luna, my girlfriend. And she’s Julie, my best friend.” Cameron introduced us as we shook hand.

“Hey, nice to meet you!” I said cheerfully as I brought Luna to sit next to me. “We could be best friends.”

“Yeah, nice to meet you too Julie.” She showed a charming smile as she ordered drinks for her and Cameron to the waiter.

Luna was a good girl. Luna and I had been best friends like Cameron and I did. We had similar things to do. We shared our story each other. And I told Luna everything, including John.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for the edited chapter, till some next chapters.
I promise I'll make this story more comfortable with writing not too much in every chapter :)

I need comments :)
Feedback?