Sequel: By Now

More Than Words

Christmastime has come

I opened my eyes and squinted at the morning sun streaming through the window. I quickly reached over and shut of the alarm, peeking over to make sure Nick hadn't woken up. He never wakes up to my alarm anyway, but I just had to be sure. We hadn't had sex yet, if that's what you're thinking. We just... cuddle. Which, I know, is fruity, even for us.

Nick just didn't seem to want to take it much further without me initiating it. Every time I went for something, he'd reciprocate with just as much enthusiasm, but he was never the one to start something. The occasional hand job in the shower or blow job to wake me up had only started happening when I'd done it first, and I'd be lying if it made me feel... inferior in some way, as if he didn't really want me.

We'd discussed this already, and I knew that he wanted me to take the lead, but sometimes... I just wanted him to show how much he really wanted me, you know?

I sighed and got out of bed, trying to be as quiet as possible so as not to wake Nick up. He told me earlier that he hadn't had a proper Christmas in years and I was ready to make this the best Christmas he's ever had or die trying.

Well, maybe not die...

The kitchen was filled with soft, morning light and I smiled when I saw Nick's last note on our dry-erase board we kept on the refrigerator to communicate with each other for whatever reason.

I'm in the shower, but I made coffee. There's enough left to get you out of your zombie mode and into a proper state of mind. If I'm still in the shower when that happens, feel free to join me ;)

I wiped the dry-erase board clean and wrote Merry Christmas! in huge block letters of red and green, getting the kitchen festive for breakfast.

I then set to work making the breakfast Carly had taught me when we saw her last so I could surprise Nick. His Christmas breakfast was going to be chocolate chip Belgian waffles with strawberries and green sprinkles, mint tea with a cinnamon stirring stick and white toast. They were all relatively simple to make, but I wanted them perfect.

After assuring that everything I made was the best it could be, I arranged it all on a tray and set it on the counter, ready for when Nick woke up.

Once breakfast was accomplished, I moved into the living room, where we'd set up the tree that we picked out together. There were small piles of presents for both of us from each other, Carly and Damien, and a few friends from around town. Last night, we'd had a small party at the shop for our closest friends and had exchanged gifts, but Nick and I promised to wait to open them Christmas morning, just like when we were kids.

I placed one final gift on the bottom of Nick's pile, making sure it would be the one he opened last. I hadn't put it there before to make sure that it was a total surprise, and because I hadn't quite worked up the nerve until now.

I heard Nick's alarm going off in the distance and rushed to the kitchen, grabbing the tray and walking quickly, but steadily so as not to spill anything, to the bedroom.

"Ellory?" I heard Nick say in an adorably confused voice, as if he couldn't think of a reason why I wouldn't be in bed next to him.

"Here." I said, smiling softly and walking into the room. "Merry Christmas."

He took one look at me and smiled as if there was nothing better in the world.

"Merry Christmas."

|~|

After we finished eating, we moved into the living room and tore through the presents. I threw the red scarf from Carly around my neck and laughed at the karma sutra book Damien gave the both of us, but remembering where I put it, just in case. Nick actually squealed when he saw the DVDs I'd gotten for him and I almost started tearing up when I saw the beautiful necklace he'd gotten me. It was on a chain that effectively kept it hidden beneath my v neck and all it had was a simple round charm with our names engraved on it, but it was practically the most beautiful thing I'd seen in my life.

"Thank you so much." Nick said. "For everything. I can't imagine a better Christmas."

"There's one more." I said, pointing down at the card sitting underneath a piece of discarded wrapping paper.

He furrowed his brow, but smiled when he saw my familiar handwriting.

I saw his face change from pure happiness to something resembling shock as he read the message.

"Are you serious?" he asked, looking surprised, but intrigued.

"Very." I said.

"Well then." he said. "Let's not waste any more time talking."

He stood up and had me in his arms, bridal style, faster than I could realize what was going on and I giggled as he carried me off to the bedroom.

The card lay open on the floor of the living room, displaying its message to the now empty room.

All I want for Christmas is to be with you...
And at the risk of sounding like a bad Marylin Monroe impersonator: Take me, I'm yours.
/
♠ ♠ ♠
LOOK NICOLE- SEXY STUFF. JUST FOR YOU.

Chapter title from Christmastime by The Smashing Pumpkins.

:) I wrote this in less than an hour... So let me know if it sucks :P

<3 Casey