Get up Whenever You Fall

Nikolina

As the guys come to a halt from their little getaway, that was completely planned by Adriel-of course, Francis puts me down to stand on my own two feet. When I finally stand up I stomp my foot like a child and cross my arms over my chest.

"Awh, come on Nico, we needed to do that. They need to get to know each other and when they marry and have children you will realize that it was a good idea, too." Adriel puts an arm on my shoulder and nods to me reassuringly. His hand drops to his side as he sees that he made zero impact on me.

"You still didn't need to practically kidnap me. Was it really necessary that Francis carries me?" I tilt my head to the side.
"Yes. You would have stayed there if he didn't and you know it!" Adriel stubbornly replies.
"And what if they don't connect? She'll be mad at me that I left her there! I'm her friend, and I bailed on her! She doesn't know you made me go!" I sigh in despair. I don't want Thea to change her opinion of me or stop trusting me. We've just become friends!

"Don't worry, Nico. We'll tell her that we-, well Adriel, made you go." Kyler smiles and I can't help but give in.
"Fine." I sigh.
"Good, but just in case, Kyler you watch out on her so she doesn't run off and do something stupid." Kyler rolls his eyes but nods to Adriel, apparent on wanting to get rid of him and his nonsense.

"I won't act like your prison guard, don't worry. Just stick to me so he doesn't annoy us." I nod shyly and keep walking beside him.
"What and interesting first day of work." I mutter to myself. I hear Kyler laugh and turn to him. His whole face lites up when he laughs and his pearl whites show and I can't help but smile.
"Yea, well, it will only get better, I promise." He looks me straight in the eyes, his deep, mocha eyes sparkling devilishly. "The summer only started."

"Well, it will definitely be memorable." I chuckle.
"Oh, it will." He nudges me playfully. "I-um-We'll make sure of it." He looks away, clearly realizing I heard what he said. Before I could respond, I notice something in the corner of my eyes. I turn completely and notice some of the guys carrying binoculars.

My expression turns into confused one. "Um, are they carrying binoculars?" I turn to Kyler. He scratches the back of his neck. "They believe Trey will go to the skate park with Thea so they will go up the little hill, you know, the one by the park?" I nod, not taking my eyes of his face. "They'll go up there and spy on them or something." He shrugs and puts his hands in his hoodie pockets.

I open my mouth in astonishment. I can't believe they'd actually do that. First they show up at the girls house, uninvited, then they nest in it like it's theirs, leave her alone with a guy she barely knows and now they'll spy on her. Kyler notices my angry and disapproving look and stutters out. "I-I swear I tried to talk them out of it, but when Adriel gives them and idea..."He trails off. His usually calm face now holds a frown.

"No, no I know it's not your fault." He relaxes once more. "But I'll kill him." I huff and spot Adirel in the front of the group and march to him until a hand sneaks around my waist and pulls me back. I look behind me and see Kyler. "Don't. You'll just give him what he wants." He lulls me. His hands leave my waist slowly, like he's making sure I won't go in for a kill, again.

"When they settle up there, we'll go back to the park and get Trey and Thea, okay?" I nod and he smiles.

* * * * *


Adriels' assumption was correct, Thea and Trey came to the park and when they did Kyler signaled me to follow him and be as quiet as I can while I do so. We were out of their sight in mere minutes.

"Thanks for doing this." I say, breaking the slightly awkward silence between us.
He flashes me his honest smile. "No problem. I know how Adriel can be." I nod.
"So..besides Adriel and his brilliant plans, how do you like the town and, well, us?" He turns to look at me.

"Well, I love the town, at least the parts I've seen, it's gorgeous and it seems eventful. Or maybe you guys give me that feeling." I joke. "And the guys are great, including Adriel." He quirks an eyebrow and I giggle slightly. "Yes, he can be really annoying but beside that he's a nice guy and seems to be a good friend to everybody, ignoring the current situation."

He chuckles a bit. "He is, we all are really great friends. We share a passion for extreme sports and that brought us together and, with time, we really grew close."
"It must be nice having a bunch of close friends you can turn to." I turn from him, not wanting him to notice my suddenly saddened expression.

"Hey.." He stops and I do the same. My gaze shifts to the floor. He raises my chin with his index finger and looks into my eyes. A safe feeling washes over me like I can confide to him. His eyes stay focused on mine and I feel like he's deciphering my feelings.
"You have us now. We don't know you that well but we will and you'll see you can count on us any time." His hand goes back to his pocket and he gives me a true smile.

We continue walking in comfortable silence until we reach the skate park. Kyler opens the door and I follow him inside. "I think I see them." I squint my eyes but still don't spot them.
"Where?" He points his finger to my left. "Up on the deck of the half-pipe." I finally notice them and walk in their direction.

When we get a few feet from them they notice us and jump from each other. I knit my eyebrow in confusion. "We interrupting something?" Kyler asks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
A huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge thanks to my co-write Jess for always being so open and for not spazzing on me when I'm late with updates (: