Get up Whenever You Fall

Nikolina

Kyler and I fell in a comfortable silence while I treated his wounds. He was watching the TV silently and his expression seemed to get darker, and more ticked off by the minute. I turned my head to the TV to see if something that was on was getting to him but only a sitcom was showing on the screen.

"Kyler...“ I said while turning my focus back to him. He looked at me, his expression still the same. "You okay?" He seemed a bit surprised I noticed but nodded his head.

"I'm fine." He wasn't so convincing, though.

"No, you're not." I stated, my voice filled with determination. He was hesitant to speak so I put my arm on his shoulder reassuringly. He looked at me once more. "Can we rather talk somewhere...private?" He said while glancing around the room.

I nodded and got up. He followed suit and I led him into my room. None of the guys could bother us there. I sat on my comfy bed and patted the seat next to me. He sat down and his gaze was glued to his lap.

"So, you want to tell me what's wrong?" I said, already prepared for my puppy dog eyes. I really didn't like seeing people sad or angry, it reflected on me strongly and I'm not the type of a person you want to see being in a bad mood.

He sighed. "I'm just tired of those guys always doing shit like this." He said in a bitter tone.
"It usually doesn't get to me, not like this at least, but I can see the guys always getting frustrated after something like this and knowing that there are people who just want you to fail gets to you, no matter if you care or not." His voice showed just how much aversion he holds to those guys and how much it bothers him.

His eyes seemed to gotten a darker shade and his muscles were tensed. I just went with my gut and hugged him. When he returned the hug eagerly I was caught surprised but didn’t do anything.

"Thank you." He muttered in my hair. I shook my head slightly. "There's nothing to thank me for. That's what friends do." I said friends on purpose. We haven't spent that much time together but I want to be his friend and I feel like we're getting there. I mean, we can't be anything more. Right? He seemed a bit hesitant but nodded. I hope that didn't weird him out.

Suddenly, Teas’ voice pierces trough the peace. "NIC!!" The door to my room bursts open and reveals a fanatic looking Thea. Her gaze falls to Kyler and I who haven't moved from our places. Her expression turns confused and then relaxed.

She sighs suddenly and I look at her, confused beyond belief. "Thea? What's wrong?"

She looks at me and then at Kyler and keeps shifting her gaze between us. "Well...um...I just...um...I wanted to..." She stutters and I raise my eyebrow. She regains her composure as she has, obviously, thought of an excuse.

"I wanted to come and get you because the guys wanted to ask you they can stay here." She blurts out and nods to herself as if saying 'nice save'. I chuckle inwardly at her.

"Of course." I nod. "I'll come in a few to show the guys their rooms and you yours." I smile at her.

"A room? I thought we'd just sleep in the living room. You don't need to do that, we'll just end up messing up your rooms and you'll need to clean it up later." She tries to persuade me. "Of course I'd help you with the clean up." She adds and smiles pleasantly.

I smile back at her, showing my gratitude. "No need. And it isn't a bother. It's nice to have a house filled with friends." She was going to object and Kyler was backing her up but I cut them both off. "The only way you're sleeping in the living room is if I'm sleeping down there with you!" I argue and thy both shut up. I smile proudly and slowly pull back from Kyler.

"Now let’s go pick rooms and we can go back downstairs and watch movies, play some games or stuff."