In the Eyes of Strangers

Bullet with a Name

“I’m Mike and you’re listening to 98 Rock.” the guy doing our interview started. “I’ve got Hollywood Undead with me today.”

Jordon leaned forward in his chair to talk into the mic. “What’s up Tampa? You guys coming out to see us tonight?”

“Where is it we’re playing?” I asked, feeling like a complete idiot for not knowing. Hey, I had other stuff on my mind.

Dylan glanced over at Charlie, who mouthed something to him. “St. Pete’s.” he repeated.

“Oh…well, I feel like a dumbass now.” this caused everyone to laugh and me to roll my eyes. “Whatever.”

“So, you guys just released a new album,” Mike said, changing the subject.

“Yeah, American Tragedy.” Jordon replied. “It’s way better than our first album.”

“What about your second?”

The six of us exchanged looks. “Uh bro,” Jay said, leaning forward to talk into the mic. “Desperate Measures wasn’t an album.”

“Yeah, it was just DVD/CD combo with some live tracks.” Jordon explained. “American Tragedy’s our sophomore album.”

“Oh, my bad. Sorry.” Mike said, not sounding sorry at all. “Why do you wear the masks.”

We all rolled our eyes; because we haven’t heard this question before. “For the hell of it; we wear ‘em for the hell of it.” I said.

“Any of you single?”

“Why?” Jordon laughed. “You looking for a boyfriend?”

Mike’s face immediately reddened. “No, I’m straight.”

“I’m the only one not in a relationship.” Jordon continued. “These guys are all taken.”

“Yeah, Johnny and Funny just started dating again.” Jay laughed. “Scratch that, Johnny just started dating again.”

Mike cocked his eyebrow at me. “Something happen to your last girlfriend?”

I inwardly rolled my eyes, knowing he was talking about Asia. “She kicked me out almost a year ago.” I said. “I mean, I’ll always love her because we had a kid together, but the girl I’m with now, she’s a lot more understanding…with the whole band thing.” I couldn’t help the stupid grin that my lips curved into. “This actually like our second chance,” I explain, ignoring the laughter coming from the other guys. “We were together for awhile, but she just up and left one night…no explanation whatsoever.”

“Is this the girl you cheated on your last girlfriend with, when she was six months pregnant?”

Everyone instantly stopped laughing. “No. I never cheated on her. We broke up because she could deal with me being constantly gone.”

The conversation quickly went down hill from there and I ended up walking out; I heard him call me an ass for walking out, but I didn’t care. “Johnny!” I stopped at the sound of Charlie’s voice and turned around, cocking my eyebrow at her. “Here.” I took the keys of the Hummer the label had rented for us to do this fucking interview. “We’ll be out shortly.” I nodded and lowered my head to kiss her cheek. She reached up, giving my shoulder a comforting squeeze. “Go call Shane.” I nodded again and turned around.

I went out to the parking lot and unlocked the passenger side door of the Hummer before climbing in. I pulled out my phone and brought up Shane’s number in my contacts, hitting send. “Aren’t you supposed to be doing an interview right now love?” she asked tiredly.

“The faggot pissed me off so I walked out.” I replied.

“Johnny,”

“Shane, he said that I cheated on Asia then proceeded to call me a bad father because I’m not at home…helping her raise Ava!”

“Ok love, I believe you. No need to raise your voice.”

“Sorry.” I replied sheepishly. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too love.”

“Your appointment with Liv’s doctor is today right?” I ask, referring to Matt’s girlfriend of the past three years, Olivia.

“It was yesterday love.”

“How’d it go?” I asked when she was quiet for several moments. “Everything’s ok, right?”

“Everything’s fine love, I promise,”

“But?”

“No buts…I’m terribly sorry love but I’m exhausted so I’ll talk to you later.”

“Ok, I love you.”

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
meh, got a little fwuffy toward the end, i know >.<