In the Eyes of Strangers

Love Like Winter

“Hey Charlie!” A voice boomed from behind me as I walked to my ‘67 Chevy Impala. I turned around and saw Dylan standing there. “Can I ask you a question?”

“Sure what is it?”

“I already asked Jeff and he said it was up to you.” He said, beating around the bush. “I was wondering if my girlfriend can go on tour with us?”

“No.” I immediately said without thinking. There was a flash of hurt in Dylan’s eyes but that was quickly replaced with anger.

“Why?” He yelled. “I’m pretty sure Johnny’s gonna ask you to bring Shane.”

“Shane is coming with us.” I told him “But she’s working just like Julia and Elena. Your girlfriend would be in the way.”

“You didn’t care about having girlfriends on the bus before. Even when Jordon and Matt brought their girls on tour.” He pointed out. “Why are you being such a bitch now?” Before I could answer him he was already walking away from me. I just sighed before getting into my car and starting her up before driving off towards my apartment.

**

After stopping at the liquor store, I walked up to my apartment and saw Jay standing there; leaning up against my door. I just pushed him aside before walking into my apartment with him following me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked as I took my bottle of Jack Daniels out of the black bag and set it with the rest of my alcohol on my mini bar.

“Dylan asked me to talk to you.” He replied. “He thinks I could talk you into letting his girlfriend on tour.”

“Not going to happen.” I said as I turned around. “And it’s not because I still have feelings for him.”

“We both know that’s bullshit.” He chuckled. “Come on Charlie, just admit you have feelings for Dylan still.”

“I’m not admitting shit.” I told him. He just looked at me; giving me the infamous puppy look. “Jay why must you through out that look?” I whined. “You know I can’t say no to that shit.”

“Just please tell him how you feel before it’s too late.” He simply said before exiting my apartment, leaving me alone with my thoughts…