‹ Prequel: Tell the Truth
Status: Do not leave me! Im so close to getting to another update

Tell Me Lies

Soon

With that sentence to Paul, it both shut us up. We were still standing in front of Jared's car, in the middle of the street, facing each other in a position that looked as if we were going to tackle each other.

It took me a while to realize that Paul looked older, more grown since I last saw him. I looked at his clenched knuckles and his even more built chest, I saw Paul. He was more grown, but the same Paul I grew up with, the same Paul that was my wall to lean on, he was still, my Paul. No, not my Paul anymore.

I look away from him and place my hand to my forehead rubbing it a bit before lacing my fingers through my hair.

"I can't believe it," my whisper was low, but I knew Paul could hear it. Paul, moved on, he, of all people, moved on. With my bottom lip bitten, I tried to prevent myself from crying the river I knew I would've sobbed if he wasn't here.

"What did you expect, Esther?" His warm, low, voice spoke to me, distant, but still when he spoke my name it created chills. Familiar chills. Not answering, Paul continued.

"For me to be single?" My face loses it's little touch of emotional mask, and I frown spilling a couple of tears, "Me sitting in the living room, waiting, hoping that you would come back?" Paul's voice grew louder. He sounds angrier, and when I look at him, he's a bit closer, clenching his jaw.

Our eyes meet, and I notice the touch of excitement in his eyes, yet his face still holds the anger he spoke.

Paul continues, making sure I hear every word he has probably practiced to say to me.

"It's been two years, Ester," Paul's voice lacks the anger but still holds the pain, "I stopped waiting, I stopped the hurting, I stopped hoping you would come back." Paul's voice was lighter, still, it sliced through me, it made me bleed, it hurt me.

The tears fall down harder, and my eyes fall from his.

"All because you chose him-"

"I had no choice." I hiss, glaring at him this time, "I had to save you," my voice weakened it's hiss and whispered, "I didn't want you to die"

The glare softened, and I take a brave step closer.

"I could've saved myself," Paul strictly says, "And now you're here, what?, expecting me to run up to you and hold you in my arms?" Paul's voice grows angrier again, "Take you back?!" His yell seemed rougher, he sounded as if he were struggling, Our eyes still holding a strong connection, his appeared softer now, "Forget that I'm the second choice?"

Ouch, I didn't expect that. My bottom lip quivers, but our eyes still connect.

"No." I say, supporting my voice, and holding my head high. Paul sees this and steps closer, now both of us in arms reach.

"Then what?" Paul asks, lowering his face a bit.

"I just thought," I pause, "You would appreciate me," My foot takes a step closer, "Coming here," With a shaky hand, I lace it through Paul's hand, closing ours together, "Leaving Lucas to see you." I whisper, Paul's warm hand closes on mine and we stand there staring at each other.

Continuing, I stand on my tip-toes and cup Paul's face.

"I thought you would still see that I still care about you." My whisper trails to Paul, and I see the excitement run through him, again. He shakes me away, and steps back, keeping the distant.

My heart, which I am surprised didn't die out, feels like it's falling.

"Well, after waiting for a year," Paul stops and then steps closer to me, "I knew you didn't care," His voice hints a bit of sorrow but he continues, "I knew you chose him after-" Paul stops again, breaking our longest eye contact, and closes his eyes, keeping his breaths mellow.

The long pause made me curious, so I ask, "What?"

"After sleeping with him." Paul whisper, harsh but hurt with that knowing look.

How did he know that? my breathing stops and I hold my facial expression from letting him know how shocked I was. Instead of asking him that, I look at him a bit sternly and step up to him, making sure we made eye contact.

"I guess I couldn't wait any longer either."

Paul's eyes narrow, and I'm pretty sure he would be leaving into the woods, but strangely enough, he doesn't, I don't even see a hint of shaking from him.

After a while of silence, I step closer, again. Paul's glare ceases and soon enough he held me, wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me against him.

I didn't' meant to let it out, but m emotions got the best of me and I cried onto his chest, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I missed you so much, Paul." whimpering, I hold him tighter. I can hear the sweet melody of Paul's hear beating, and his lungs take in deep breaths, as he holds me tighter.

"You can't believe how much I've missed you, Esther." Paul whispers, pulling us a bit apart making sure our eyes meet again.

We both hold a small smile, and I watch as Paul's Gaze lowers to my lips. From small smile to large smile, my lips begin to move, "You can kiss me, if you want." I whisper, still holding a smile.

My eyes close as Paul leans closer to my lips, brushing his across mine, so light it tickled. For a moment, Paul's lips peck across my jaw bone, but he pulls away too fast for me to enjoy the warmth. Opening my eyes, I find a Paul battling against himself, gazing at me very intensely.

"I can't do this to Rose," Paul whispers, then pulls us away further, as if I were that close Paul would lose it.

"Oh, right.." I trail off, looking away from him, "Rose." I mumble, jingling Jared's keys in my pocket. "I'll see you soon then Paul." I promise, looking at the headlights that I somewhat see across the road.

With Paul's half full smile, he gives me a nod and I watch him run into the dark woods.

"Soon." I whisper.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooo, so what do you think about ROSE?! ahhh she'll be fully clothed and introduced next update :D. also a HUGE Thank you to you guys so much for still being fans of this story [: Still a Team Paul? You'll see. [:
So Thank you for the more comment than usual, it was like two more but it still counts. So next update I will do shoutouts, be sure to comment to be seen. love, Idalis.