‹ Prequel: Tell the Truth
Status: Do not leave me! Im so close to getting to another update

Tell Me Lies

LOW BLOW!

I stepped into the bright kitchen, surprised that someone was up because it was still pretty early. I took a walk to my mom's memorial after saying bye to Paul. The time on the microwave showed 4:12 A.M, as I slid my shoes off, Embry was facing me. My eyes travel around the room where everybody stood, in relief.

"Esther," Embry whispers holding me in his arms like he saw me for the first time in two years, "Thank God, I thought you-" Embry stops his sentence when he finds my tear streaked face.

"I went to see Paul," I mumble, meeting eyes with Jacob and Renessme, "Why didn't any of you guys tell me he had a girlfriend." I felt like tears were going to stream down, but I place my hand to my head and take in a sigh.

"Are you okay?" Sam asks, and I give him a look of sarcasm.

"Fantastic." I mumble, after that not a word was said, "I'm sorry, I'm just..hurt." I stare at sam and slightly smile, but broke that smile with a frown/

"I can't believe he has a girlfriend, he never had a girlfriend, ever." I mumble.

"That's cause you were still there," Embry says and I glare at him, nudging away his hand. Then felt guilty, so I grabbed it. Cautiously, everybody looked around, and then looked at me.

"Oh no, what?" I mumble, scared about somebody saying something else.

"Esther, Rose isn't Paul's girlfriend," Sam says, giving me a cautious look.

"Then why did I see her naked with a half naked Paul?"

"You saw her naked?!" Embry says shocked, and I look at him then shake my head a bit.

"Not really, she had a blanket covering her," I leave a pause, "Does she know about me? About Paul, you guys?"

"No," Emily whispers, "She knows that you meant a lot to Paul, Mean I meant mean alot to Paul, but she just thinks you're dead."

"Like Estro." I whisper, it made sense, I understand why they told them. It hurt them less to say that I died.

"It just made more sense to explain it like that, it even helped us more," Renessme says, smiling softly.

I look around to find everybody in the small kitchen, all sleepy, in their old clothes or pajamas, I probably scared them thinking that I left.

"Me leaving," I started, "It was that hard on you guys?"

"Esther, you have no idea hod bad it was without you at my wedding, without you being my maid of honor like we talked about way before Jacob even proposed." I smile softly, apologetically as I hold onto her hand,too.

"Without you at Estro's birth," Emily says, holding onto Sam on the urge to cry. She wasn't the only one.

"When I proposed to Kim," Jared says, snatching back his car keys but kisses my forehead then walks back to his spot.

"When I imprinted," Embry says, squeezing my hand.

"When I reached the day I was able to talk to you again." That voice was...different. My mind goes blank as I search the room looking for the voice. Then I notice he wasn't in the room, he was still outside, opening the backdoor to get in.

Seth stood taller, buffer, and more confident.

"Seth," my whispered tone made Seth smile and I returned it.

"Hey Esther." Seth teases, and I stand up sprinting into his arms, he holds me tight and I can hear his strong heart beat, along with his shaky breathing.

"I missed you so much, Esther." I can heard the hurt in his voice and I hold him tighter.

"I missed you too," We pull each other at arms length and look at each other, smiling.

"You're so much taller, and older."

"You're still as beautiful as I remembered." I smile wider and stare into his eyes,

"I can't believe you're here."

"I can't believe I am either." I smile wider, staring in his eyes longer. We stay quiet and I can tell it was starting to get uncomfortable with everybody.

"Anyways," Sam starts, causing our heads to snap to him, and slide away from each other.

"Esther, Rose is-"

"Here." Jacob says, shocked, we all arch our necks too look out the window to find an angry Rose.

"What?" Seth mumbles from behind me, obvious he wanted to get closer. I smile a bit, it feel good to at least be still wanted from him.

"Why is she here?" Emily asks, confused, then at the same time everybody looked at me, then snapped back to the window.

"Oh no, this is bad." Embry mumbles. I watch as Rose flaunts her way closer across the lawn with just a pair of shorts and one of Paul's undershirt, not fully buttoned so it showed her bra.

"She's never here without Paul." Sam says, and Jared snorts.

"She never really is here, she hates us." Jared says,

"She hates you guys?" My question sounds shocked, and everybody chuckles a bit.

"She isn't the Rose you think," Jacob says, now looking at me dead in the eyes.

"What?" I am so confused, why would she just do that to Paul.

"Yea, long story, Paul doesn't know." Renessme says like it no big of a deal.

"Oh god." Emily says before Rose enters. All eyes started on me again, and the body heat from the wolves vanished as the backed up and away, leaving me as a clear view.

"You." Rose says, her voice far from nice like before. Her stand seemed taller, but she didn't phase me as I looked around, wondering who the hell she was talking to with so much disrespect.

"Me?" I snap, standing taller now. Once she steps closer to me, the room broke tense.

"I want to make this as clear as possible, get it in your young brain, ok?" She sneers, glaring at me up and down. Thank god Cynthia helped me out with this outfit, I knew I didn't look bad.

"Excuse me?" I step closer, narrowing my eyes. I guess staying in a house filled with werewolves forced me to toughen up when I had Niko do some crazy pranks and Marissa ready to fight me whenever she had the chance.

"Stay away from Paul, understood?" Rose demands, my anger hypes up a notch and I clench my fists. I will never take an order to stay away from Paul, ever.

"And what if I don't?" My anger seeping through my words, she looks shocked when I ask her that.

"Whoa, Esther, hold up." Embry says, placing a hand on my shoulder preparing for an outburst. Rose collects her facial expression and smile a bit smug.

"I guess I'll have to think about that one." Rose mocks, taking a risky step closer, and I clench my jaw.

"Well you better think fast." My quick step to her halted as Embry hold my shoulder with one hand pulling me back.

"Wow, they weren't lying when they said you were meant for Paul, you two really can't control your anger." Rose says watching me happily as I try to take a punch at her.

"That's why I will never stay away from him." I sneer, quitting on trying to break through Embry's grip on me. Rose cautiously steps closer to me, and with a clenched fist Embry holds my wrists together from behind with his index finger and thumb.

"You don't scare me, Esther." Rose says amused, and I clench my jaw tighter from trying to bite her face off. wow, being with only werewolves have really made me feel like a dog.

"I'm pretty sure I do, because that time I wasn't even trying." I snap, shaking off Embry's fingers and i glare at her darker.

"I mean it, stay away from him. You don't want it to be your fault that another girl left him, especially to someone he is engaged to, do you?" That, right there, left me speechless, even for her, that was a low blow.
♠ ♠ ♠
What a whore! So is Rose! lol but sorry about promising you Sunday's post, I stayed up sunday night for a research paper, then ,onday night i stayed up baking for valentines day, and on valentines day, I was out with my valentine <3 hope you guys had a wonderful valentines day, and hope you guys comment because without that I have no life :[ aha. Love, Idalis.