You're Never Gonna Find It if You're Looking for It

Splash splash splash, Fun fun Fun, Rain Rain Rain!

*Back to Hazel's P.O.V.*

'Ughhhh' I thought. I woke up, and it was still dark out. I stared at the digital clock on the nightstand that read '3:47 AM'. I glared at it, almost like if I stared at it hard enough, it would change.

It didn't happen.

I slowly lifted my head, and then my torso, and sat up on my bed. The light was on in the hallway, and it dimly lit my room.

I was somewhere between the point of half-drunken-ness and half-hangover. I was starting to get a headache, but I was still...drunk.

If you're asking if that's routine for me, yes, it is. Getting drunk every night is just what i do, because there's no other way to pass time in the shitty day and age of October, 1999.

And i was sick of people telling me the world's going to end on midnight, December 31st. Bull.Fucking.SHIT. The world's not going to fucking end on midnight. It’s just going to be a new millennium for America to fuck up for the entire world.

I slowly got out of bed and stumbled my way into the kitchen. I reached over to open up a cupboard, got out a glass and filled it with water. I chugged it down faster than i did with beer. My mouth felt so dry, and it had a strange taste to it.

I looked around at my stained living room floor as i tossed the cup into the sink. It's so disgusting in here; there were a lot of stains on the open floor. The only thing that occupied the living room was a long couch, a long table, and a 21" television that sat on top of a stand.

I plopped myself onto the couch and pulled a cigarette out of the box. No one was fond of me smoking, but I’d just picked it up because the skater kids in Orem used to do it 'because it was cool'.

I picked one up from a kid one day, because i thought to myself 'i am really stressed out' and just lit it up. With all honesty, i kind of liked it, because i'd been hanging around smokers for so long, that it felt good to smoke one.

That was when i was 16, so it was a pretty long time ago. 3 years...i should have quit by now, but i haven't.

I stared at the black TV. It wasn't on; Zoë must have turned it off before leaving. I have to remind myself to thank her for that tomorrow, because i have little to no money to pay for rent.

"Mmmmmm, cigarette." I mumbled to myself. I took my last drag off of it and put it out. I then floundered my way into my bedroom, and dived onto my bed.

'Comfortable...sheets...' i thought to myself. I smiled into my pillow for no reason, but then frowned looking at the time. It was 4 o’ clock in the fucking morning.

'I hate being awake before 10 in the morning...' i mused. I then closed my eyes and tried to mull over every detail of what had happened today. Before i knew it, i was fast asleep...

"I LOVE RAIN, I LOVE RAIN, SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH, FUN FUN FUN, RAIN RAIN RAIN!" Zoë yelled, jumping on my bed. I swear she could be such a kid sometimes.

"What do you want?" i slurred, having a pounding headache and glaring at her for waking me up.

"IT RAINED THIS MORNING, AND EVERYTHING WAS ALL WET!" She kept bouncing, but then stopped. "But now, it's dry."

"Uuuuurrrrgh!" I yelled angrily into my pillow. "I hate you."

"I love you, too, honey." She said, plopping down next to me. "Look on the nightstand; I got you a present because it rained last night."

"Uh...okay." I mumbled. I looked over, and saw a huge glass of water and 2 Advil on the table. "Oh my God, I love you." I gave Zoë a quick hug, and then threw the Advil in my mouth and chugged.

"I knew you'd warm up to me." She smiled. I then jumped out of bed. I still had on my normal clothes, and not my pajamas.

"I need a different shirt." I muttered, then digging through my closet to find my favorite Nirvana shirt.

"Silly Hazy. You've always loved Nirvanie, and always will."

"Shut up. Just because I like better bands that you don't mean you can insult mine."

"Yeah, well...SO!?"

"Besides, I’ve gotten you into half the shit you listen to today." I ripped off my plain black t-shirt, being careful not to take off my black tank-top undershirt. (Or a beater. whatever you want to call it, I’m down with it. Bomb Diggity, y'know?)

Zoë sighed, and looked around the room. "Let's go do something. Let's go to the skate park and try to pick up a fuck."

"You have a boyfriend." I said, glancing away from my reflection in the full size mirror to look over at her.

"Yeah but...he's not very good...he isn't that big, either."

"Jay isn't?" I snorted as she shook her head. "He always brags about it, and he says all his fucking ex-girlfriends have passed out because he was so big." I rolled my eyes as i got back to doing my makeup.

"I know, i know. He just doesn't satisfy anything about me, and i need to break up with him soon, because I’m tired of cheating on him."

I sighed, and finished my eyeliner. "You ready?" I asked her.

"Hell yes! Let's go meet some hot mother fuckers!" Zoë jumped up, and we were on our way to Orem's skate park.