You're Never Gonna Find It if You're Looking for It

Jeph's P.O.V.

Jeph's P.O.V.

I just watched Hazel walk away.

Was I going to do anything about it?

Hah. No. I just met her; I’m not going to chase after her just like that.

Especially since she didn't really show any interest in me. Why would i chase after a hot chick that didn’t like me back?

"Hey Jeph!" Bert waved his hand in front of my face. I shook my head and looked over at him.

"What?" I asked.

"Just wanted to make sure you're on Earth. Now let’s go do something exciting."

Even as i got into the car, fought about who was going to drive, and climbed into the passenger’s seat...

I still thought of her.

I highly doubted that my mind was going to get off of Hazel.

'Hazel...that's such a pretty name. Pretty name for a pretty lady...'

Bert drove around for a while, me lost in my thoughts while he blared Michael Jackson out of the car. Silly-But-Predictable Bert...

We finally made our way to one of the few skate parks in Orem, and Bert met up with some guys, 5 to be exact, and they skated. Well, except Bert, he just watched. He couldn't skate to save his life. He could do a kick ass back flip though, and that made up for the lack of balance that enables you to stay on a skateboard.

I sat by the sideline and watched, too, because i know that if i did end up skating, I’d lose my concentration, and fall off, and break some random bone.

"Hey man!" One of the guys said to me. "What's up with you?"

"Oh nothing, just thinking." I said, almost too quickly as if i was making an excuse.

"Jepha met a pretty lady!" Bert said, tauntingly.

"Oooooooooooooooooh!" All of them said together. (Except Bert.)

And then, questions were thrown at me like mad.

"What's she look like?"

"Is she hot?"

"How's she act?"

"Does she skate?"

"Have you fucked her yet!?" well, everyone looked at the guy who said that with a 'what the fuck!?' look on their face.

"To answer your questions...yes, she's hot, she has brown hair and brown eyes, and she acted pretty avoidant, and i have no clue whether or not she skates."

"Be a little more specific with the looks, dude."

"Yeah, come on!"

"Its night time, fuckers. There was barely any lighting on the street. It was pretty hard to see a lot of things."

Then they all said 'Awwww' and 'I don't believe you!'

"You can even ask Bert!" I said, pointing at him.

"There was some lighting. You couldn't really see a lot of stuff unless you had a fucking flash light."

Thank God Bert backed me up. I was sick of them asking me questions. Or maybe he wasn't backing me up, and just stating the truth. Either way, thank god they all stopped asking me questions, because i was sick of answering them.

I know there weren't a lot of questions, but when people bother me when I’m in deep thought, I’ll get annoyed faster than usual.

We stayed at the skate park for a long time. Well, only like, an hour and a half, but that’s pretty long for me, seeing as i was getting sort of tired.

When we got into the car, Bert struck up conversation.

"Why didn't you skate? You always skate when we go to skate parks!" He exclaimed.

I shook my head and sighed. "I have a lot on my mind."

"You like her, don’t you?"

"I just fucking met her, i don’t like her yet."

Bert smirked and started up the car. "sure." and Michael Jackson came on again. I rolled my eyes, and pulled a tape out of the little stash thing in front of the passenger's seat, and exchanged. We were now listening to some pretty nice punk rock.

It was just a mix, some random guy that we often meet up with at skate parks gave it to me. It was really good, and when i started listening to it, i couldn't stop.

"Are you ever going to stop listening to that CD?" Bert asked. I chuckled slightly and shook my head. "Didn’t think so."

"You're just jealous cause i listen to better music than you do!"

"You dumbfuck, we listen to the same music."

I snapped my fingers at him. "Jealousy is a sickness - get well soon, bitch."

We laughed at each other. And continued to fuck around until we got to Bert's shitty apartment that i just stayed with him in. There, i got a blanket, crashed on his couch...and fell into a deep sleep.