Status: great amazing

I Got a New Job at Shady Records

new job

Growing up is never easy; being forced to leave the safe protection of being a child and moving on into the cold, harsh world. My parents never being around, leaving without warning, forced me to grow up early. I never knew when they would come back, maybe in a couple days or maybe in a couple of months. Having to get a job as soon as I entered high school, forcing me to drop out just so I could keep up with the rent and get food on the table. I never had much of a child hood, I never had anyone stable in my life, no one that I could count on. Just me, myself, and I.

Of course, I remember the last time they left. November 15th, 2004. My 14th birthday. And todays date was November 15th, 2009. It has been five years since my parents left on my birthday, no note, no card, no present. I already had accepted that they would never come back, I had no clue if they were alive or dead, together or separated, or why they had left. I only knew for a fact that I was on my own, and it would stay like that.

Sitting at the kitchen table, a cupcake with a candle on top in front of me, all alone, was how I spent my birthday every year. I was now 19 and this tradition had become pathetic and it only lowered my mood. But yet here I was about to blow out the candle and make the wish that I made every year.I want to meet someone who will stay with me, forever. It was a lame wish and I knew that luck wasn't on my side but it never hurt to dream.

I slowly pulled out the candle and licked the frosting letting the flavors dance in my mouth. I scanned the inside of my trailer and realized that I would need to do major cleaning. Clothes were tossed all over the floor, bills were pilled up on the coffee table, dirty dishes in the sink, and empty cigarette boxes were in random corners of the room. The trailer consisted of a living room, kitchen, and bathroom; my bed was the pull out couch. It wasn't much but it was home.

I sighed as I picked up my cupcake and threw it in the trash, there was a feeling in my gut that was making me want to puke. I tried ignoring it by occupying my self with getting ready for work, but it didn't seem to go away. I was starting a new job today, got fired from my last one for being late to work and I was determined to keep this job. Im going to be working as a janitor at Shady Records, a record label owned by the one and only Eminem. The man was only 25 and had more money then you could imagine. Not that he didn't deserve it, he worked hard to get to where he was at.

I definitely wasn't the only one who had applied for the job. There were probably hundreds who applied just so they could get a glimpse of Eminem, or at least give him one of there demos in hopes of becoming famous. I think thats the only reason I was hired, because I didn't want to become famous or meet someone who was. I wanted the job because the pay was high and where I was at in my life, I needed the money.

I quickly grabbed a pair of light wash skinny jeans and an oversized grey sweatshirt that had once been my dads, off the floor. I walked into my miniature bathroom and put on the clothes and grabbed a hair tie, putting my black hair up into a pony tail. I brushed my teeth quickly and stared at my reflection that haunted me where ever I went. I had dark purple circles underneath my eyes, that were clearly visible underneath my pale translucent skin. My big brown eyes that made me look like a puppy were blood shot from crying the night before and the sweatshirt that I wore was up to my knees, I was tiny, only 5`2 inches.

I grabbed my cell phone off the kitchen table and shoved it into the front pocket of my sweatshirt along with my I.d and the keys to my car. I locked my door as I exited into the chilly air of Autumn, my favorite time of the year. I could tell that no one was awake, usually you could hear people shouting and cussing at each other from the inside of there trailers. And most of my neighbors didn't have jobs so I doubt any of them would be awake at 6 in the morning.

Everything was silent other then the crunch of the leaves underneath me as I walked to my beat up red truck. I had bought it off some guy in the street, I was desperate and knew I couldn't afford tobuy a brand new car. It ran pretty well, but the radio didn't work and it made a really loud obnoxious noise every time you would turn it on and off. But it took me to where ever I needed to go.

I sat inside the car and inhaled its musky scent, I grabbed a cigarette and lite it before putting the key into the ignition. I inhaled a puff of smoke as I drove out of the trailer park and headed towards downtown Detroit where Shady Records was located at. I was a little timid as I passed threw the bad part of the city, I always traveled by car because I was to much of a pussy to walk. I wasn't a fighter; I was thin and short and I could easily be mistaken for a little kid.

I drove a little farther until I spotted a tall glass building with a couple of teenage girls just walking around casually, but I knew that it wasn't an accident that they kept passing by the building.They wanted a glimpse of the man who created it all. I parked my car and it made a loud noise that caused the girls to jump and look at the car with disgust. I looked down embarrassed as I exited the car, I felt the stares of the girls which caused this heat to go up my cheeks and I knew that I was blushing like mad. I heard a couple of them snicker at me and I heard a few mutter white trash.

It took everything in me not to tell them off, but I figured it would be more beneficial if I didn't start anything on my first day. I climbed up the brick stairs of the entrance and entered threw the glass doors that lead right into an reception area. The walls of the room were grey, with black and white leather couches, and an huge glass desk that had an lady sitting behind it. I walked towards her slowly, letting the heat of the room take over my body. When I reached her I realized she was much older then I first thought, she had wrinkles covering her face, her hair was pulled back in a tight bun and you could clearly see grey threw out her dark hair, and she wore a black suit that washed her out.

I saw her roll her eyes at me, making me feel self conscious. “ Honey you are not suppose to be in here,no fans.” She snapped at me.

“ Oh, Im not a fan. Im Heaven Shaw” I informed her, “ Here for ..”

“ Yes, the new janitor, I know who you are” She said as she stood up from behind her desk.

“ If you would please follow me.” I nodded and waited as she went around the desk and then went straight towards the door that was parked right next to her desk. She took out a card and swiped it threw the side of the door which caused it to open automatically. I followed her into the dark hallway which instantly lite up as soon as we walked in. The walls were grey with a bunch of records hanging on the walls and doors from every side. The lady opened the first door on the left and walked inside. I followed her in and in front of me was a bunch of computers, a camera, and a green screen.

“ We will have to take your picture for your I.D, you must have it with you whenever inside this building or else you will be kicked out” She told me strictly as she set up the camera and as I placed myself in front of the green screen. “ Will you please put your hood down and put out your cigarette.” She said obviously annoyed. I looked around and found a glass bowl next to a computer, so I put out the cigarette and placed it in the bowl.

“ Thats not an ash tray!” She practically screamed as she took the cigarette out of the bowl and threw it into the trashcan.

“ Putting it in the trash might not be a good idea.” I said calmly as I pulled my hood down and stuffed my hands into my pockets.

“ Well, you know how much that glass bowl costs?!”, I just shrugged and I saw her sigh, finally giving up. “ Smile.” I gave a weak smile as she took a picture which burned my eyes because of the flash. She sat down at one of the computers for a minute and when she was done she gave me my I.d. I looked at my picture, and I was almost shocked at how tired and exhausted I looked it. Life was really starting to take a toll on me.

“ Now” She huffed, clearly annoyed. “ Would you please follow me to where you will be getting all your supplies.” I just nodded, she looked pissed; she clearly wanted a verbal answer. She just stood there for a second staring at me, examining me or something, before exiting the room. I followed her this time to a room all the way towards the back which had a label on it that said Janitors Closet.

As I entered, I noticed that the room was very small and had a lemon scent that was making my head pound. “ This will be where you will be getting all your cleaning supplies, and of course” she said while pointing to a hanger. “ This is your janitor outfit, Mr. Mathers said if you like you could wear your own clothes. So its you choice if you want to wear it or not.” Definitely not, I thought in my head. “ And your also must never call him Eminem, Slim Shady, or Marshall. You must always refer to him as Mr. Mathers. Got it?” She questioned while lifting one of her eyebrows; I nodded. “ Good, and here on the side,” She said pointing to a cork board that was hanging on the wall. “ Is a list, which will be updated daily on which rooms you will need to clean, pick trash up from, and etc. And on another note, whenever there is a red button outside of a door that means someone is recording, so you are not to go in. But in other cases you are free to walk in.” I nodded while taking in all the information “ Well,” she said while looking around the room. “ Thats all, if you need any help, just come get me.” And with that last sentence she had left the room, leaving me in a room full of mops.

I guess I had to work now, thats just great. I walked over to cork board, it said #1 Clean room 102- pick up trash and mop floors. There was a map on the side of the list, it said that room 102 was on the second floor. I was hoping they had an elevator because it would be difficult to carry all the items that I needed up the stairs. I looked around and found some yellow gloves which I placed on my hands, they were way to big but I would manage. I grabbed a mop , a trash bag, and a couple of other things before heading out the door.

I walked further down the hallway until I reached an elevator, which I entered and pressed the number two button; causing the doors to close and the elevator slowly to go up. As soon as the elevator doors opened I entered a hall way with red walls, wooden floors, black doors on each side, records all over the walls, and pictures of Eminem and other artists he represented. The room was lite up; the sun was shining brightly from the Window at the end of the hallway; it felt like I was in Los Angeles not Detroit.

I easily found 102 and it surprised me that I heard people talking from inside of it, there was nored button on the outside, so I was free to come in. I put my hand on the door and took a deep breath and slowly pushed it open; making a loud creaking noise causing everyone in the room to stare at me. I froze as I took in what was in front of me. I was standing in a recording studio with Eminem and two dark skinned men, one skinny and one fat, who were looking at me as If I was crazy.

“oh- I I I`m sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt I I`ll just leave-” I was just about to leave when one of the guys shouted.

“ Nah, we aren't recording shit, go ahead do your thing.” I looked up and it was skinny dark skinned man, who's name I had no clue.

“ Oh, okay. Sorry.” I whispered looking down, I could clearly feel myself blushing as I closed the door of the studio. I heard the guys chuckle before going back to there conversation, I saw Eminem look at me for second with no emotion in his eyes before going back to writing lyrics on a paper. He was a very attractive guy, I had to admit it. His hair was cut short like usual, it was this brownish- blonde color; it wasn't his usual bright blonde hair. His eyes look tired and worn out, and his face was pale but nevertheless he was attractive. He was wearing a white t-shirt, a grey zip up , and a pair of dark wash jeans.

I looked around and decided I would pick up the trash around the studio before mopping the floors. I rubbed my eyes and yawned a little, hoping it wouldn't disturb them before grabbing my trash bag and heading towards the black leather sofa. There had to be at least ten beer bottles on the couch and at least fours packs of cigarettes, how I needed a smoke so bad. While picking up some trash, I glanced over at Eminem who was fully focused, tapping his fingers on the side of his leg, while muttering words underneath his breath. It was pretty amazing to watch him get so into his mu-

“ What the FUCK are you looking at?!” I heard Eminem`s voice shout causing me to drop my trash bag and his friends to jump in surprise. It took me a second to realize that he was staring at me.My eyes widened with shock, I was terrified; he looked very pissed. “ Why do you keep STARING! You don't think I FUCKEN see you! Do you want something; an autograph or picture, you stupid bitch”.

I couldn't move, I was stuck in place. I couldn't believe he just yelled at me and called me a bitch, I was shaking like mad and I could feel heat rushing up my cheeks. “ Marshall WHAT THE FUCK?!' I heard his friend shout, Im not sure which one because I started scrambling to pick up the last piece of garbage.

“ Shut the FUCk up!” Im heard him shout to his friends. “ Why don't you answer me?” he said getting back to yelling at me.

“ oh, I-I” I stuttered, I felt like I might cry. “ no, I I -I don't need an autograph, Mr. Mathers.”

He chuckled as if he didn't believe me. “ Then why else are you hear, Oh wait you probably have a demo to give me right.” He said laughing still staring into my eyes, making me feel uncomfortable. “ Isn't that what they all want, to become famous. Ha”

“ ooh I-II.” I didn't know what to say, I was truly speechless. “ I um don't sing or rap sir, or do anything musically related” I said softly as I put my hands in my pocket and looked down.

“ Then why did you want this job?” He asked, his voice seemed to have gotten gentler and his friends looked kinda relieved that he wasn't going to hit me.

“ I need the money.” Was all I answered before picking up the trash bag and the mop and leaving the room. I would mop the floors tonight when Eminem and his friends weren't there to yell at me. I honestly couldn't believe what had just happened, my body wasn't registering it. I leaned my back against the wall and I felt myself slowly slide down to the ground and I felt tears slowly trickle down my face. I wiped them off as fast as I could, I wasn't going to cry on my first day of work.

I sat there for a second when I heard the door next to me open and I saw one of Eminem's friends come out, shutting the door behind him. He looked down at me with sympathetic eyes,“ Hey are your alright girl?” He asked as he kneeled down in in front of me until his face was a couple of inches away from mine.

“ yeah, yea.” I said quickly standing up in a quick motion; knocking my mop down making him chuckle; I must have looked like a complete klutz. He leaned forward and picked up the mop, before standing up and handing it to me.

“ Thank you.” I said softly, looking down.

He took his hand and slowly pushed my chin up so I was looking up at him. “ Don't take it personally, ight? Marshall's always like that when hes recording. He gets stressed easily, he yells at us all the time.” He said, chuckling at the last part.

“ Oo no, I'm fine.” I said while trying to give him a smile but I ended up sniffling.

“ Then why are you crying?” He chuckled as he took his hand and wiped a tear that had slowly started to drip out of the corner of my eye. His hands were rough and hard but it felt nice against my porcelain skin. “ Pretty girls shouldn't cry” He said while looking down at me, I was barely even up to his chest; him being so tall.

I smiled and let out a chuckle, he really was nice guy. “ ha, well if I was pretty I wouldn't be crying” I said which caused him to smirk. “ But I'm Heaven” I said while extending my hand for him to shake, which he did. “ Im Dorian”

“ Nice to meet you” I said while trying to give him my most genuine smile. He was about to say something when our moment was interrupted. “ DORIAN GET YOUR ASS IN HERE!” I heard Eminem shout causing Dorian to grimace.

“ ha, the king of rap awaits” He chuckled. “ It was nice meeting you Heaven, if Marshall gives you any crap feel free to hit me up” He was just about to open the door. “ and oh Heaven?”

“ Yeah?” I questioned.

“ I hope you know when you left, Marshall really did feel bad, he might not admit that he doesbut I have known him long enough to tell. And hes really not that bad of a guy.” I nodded and he gave me a smile before disappearing out of site.

I wish I could believe that he was a good person, but honestly it didn't matter wether he was a good person or not. I was a janitor and I was going to do my best to stay out of everyones way.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment read