Sequel: Bright Lights
Status: In the Works :]

Keeping Up With Toews?

Chapter 10. "Forever and Ever, You and Me."

Chapter 10: “Forever and Ever, You and Me.”

It was a week since Khloe and Lamar left Chicago, we hung out before heading out to Patrick’s, and dropped them off at the airport. I hugged Khloe and Lamar tightly and watched them leave through security.
Now, I was sitting in the living room of the Sharp’s house playing with baby Madeline, while Jonathan and Patrick was in Pat’s “Man Cave” and had their “man talk” as they told me when Pat handed Maddy to me as we walked in the house.
“Maddy, Auntie loves you!” I said in a baby voice as I was tickling her stomach, something that she absolutely loved, “and in 9 months, Maddy is going to have a new friend to play with! Yes, that’s right, your going to have a new friend!” She laughed again and I absolutely adored how easily Maddy had it, 2 parents that loved her, and loads of Uncle’s who loved her as well.
I sighed and a frown became evident on my face and I just thought back to what I had told Khloe. I couldn’t believe I had broken down like that, that was unusual behavior for me, and I just couldn’t get over how weak I felt, years I had built up that wall of how I truly felt, and a stupid phone call could easily trigger it was so unexplainable. That night when I cried myself to sleep, I thought about how I couldn’t let my baby into this world knowing how my family is so dramatic and stressful, all night I thought on how I would be a less pain to my family and Jonathan, but when Jonathan came to bed with me that night, I knew I had to push all those negatives thoughts and focus on my own family with Jonathan and our little peanut. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Maddy pulled on my shirt and made a big yawn and I smiled a little when I knew that in 9 months, I would have to care for my own baby.
“Is Maddy tired?” I asked her in a baby voice and she seemed to understood what I asked and nodded her little head and slowly closed her eyes as I cradled her close to my chest and sang a little song that Jonathan had taught me.
“Dodo, l’enfant do,
L’enfant dormira bien vite
Dodo, l’enfant do
L’enfant dormira bientôt.Une poule blanche
Est là dans la grange.
Qui va faire un petit coco*
Pour l’enfant qui va fair’ dodo.Dodo, l’enfant do,
L’enfant dormira bien vite
Dodo, l’enfant do
L’enfant dormira bientôt.Tout le monde est sage
Dans le voisinage
Il est l’heure d’aller dormir
Le sommeil va bientôt venir.”
When I finished the lullaby, Maddy was snoring away and nuzzled my face in her growing hair and sighed content with her little baby arms wrapped around the front of my shirt tightly, I heard a cough behind me to see Sharpy and Jonathan smiling softly at me, I smiled back as Sharpy came towards me and picked up his little girl, “I’ll put her in her crib,” “You go ahead and nap with her, I think it’s time for me and Jon to leave.” I interrupted him, Sharpy nodded and I gave Maddy a soft peck and stroked her hair as Jon did the same, Sharpy quietly walked up to Maddy’s nursery as we quietly left through the side door, locking it on the way out. Since me and Jon walked to Sharpy’s house, we held hands and trekked our way back to the condo.
“Your French has improved since the last time I heard you sing that song,” Jon said as we walked the crosswalk peacefully, “I kept practicing while you were out, and also I would FaceTime with your mom. I have to be perfect for when our little one comes.” I told him, Jon smiled and he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him, “Have you thought about marriage?” He asked out of nowhere, “I have, I always thought that I would be married first before carrying a baby, but life can never go as planned.” “I guess that’s my fault that I didn’t propose sooner,” “Jon, it’s not your fault, maybe that’s how it’s supposed to be for us.” “I guess your right. Wait, let’s stop in here first.” I looked to where Jon had stopped infront and I saw that it was ‘Tiffany’s&Co.’. “Why?” I asked him, he didn’t reply but pulled me into the store and led me into the rings.
“I was waiting till the right time to pick your ring, but remember we went on vacation with your family?” Jon started as he led me to a particular spot, I nodded, confused on why we were still here. “Well, I had everything planned out and I had found the ring perfect for you, but then I didn’t get it because I was scared you would say no. But then I knew you would say yes, I asked Bruce and your mom and they gave me your blessing. So I guess what I’m trying to do is, will you promise me that one day, not today, that you’ll marry me?” I looked at Jon crazy at what he was doing, and I just couldn’t contain the butterflies in my stomach, I nodded and he pulled me into his chest and squeezed my body tightly. He let go of me after a few minutes and looked towards the showcase full of beautiful various rings.
“Pick out your favorite,” Jon said as he waved down a jeweler, “I don’t know, they’re all beautiful,” I said as I browsed the case, but then one just suddenly appeared into my vision and smiled, “that one.” Jon looked to where I pointed and smiled also, “Perfect, excuse me sir, we’d like to try that one on.” The jeweler nodded and got the ring out for me to try on, I slipped on the ring and it fitted perfectly. “The ring is 1.3 carats, with a lovely infinity frame with diamond fills, and a silver band. The price range is around $2,300”
“I love this, it fits like a glove.” I told them, “We’d take this ring please,” Jon told him, I gave Jon a crazy look and he just gave me a toothy smile and winked at me, “Lovely, I have this ring in stock now, with this particular size, would you like it now?” I looked towards Jon again, and he nodded his head not caring about what I have to say, “Perfect, I’ll be right back, and then we can handle the payment and also care packages.” I looked down to my finger again and smiled to myself, “Next time, it’ll be an engagement ring on that finger.” Jon said to me again and I just shook my head and slapped his arm, “I can’t believe your buying me this ring, it’s so expensive.” “Karoline, shut up, and just say ‘I love you Jon, thankyou for buying me this promise ring.” “Ugh, fine. Thank you Jon for buying me this promise ring, I absolutely love you.”
After 20 minutes, and a new promise ring on my finger, Jonathan and I walked out of the jewelry store and continued our walk back home. Jonathan took my hand that was twined with his, and kissed my finger where the now infinity ring stood proudly. “Forever and ever, you and me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I had this already done and decided why not just update it, so here you go! :) I loved this chapter, cause I just do. Quite cheesy for Jon, and Karoline had a moment with baby Maddy.

Once again,
Comment, Subscribe, and Just keep reading! :)
<3

Thank you,
Elizabeth.