Sequel: Bright Lights
Status: In the Works :]

Keeping Up With Toews?

8: Karoline's outburst.

Chapter 8: Karoline’s outburst.

Jon’s POV:
I was at the golf course with Lamar, Sharpie, and Kaner playing a few rounds, enjoying the preseason off. “So Tazer, how’d the ultrasound go?” Sharpie asked, as we were on our 16th whole. “It went great, we got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat.” I replied with a huge million-dollar smile. Lamar looked at me and smiled too. “I still can’t believe you and Karoline are having a mini Tazer.” Kaner said as he finished his stroke. “Yeah, I can’t believe it either, but it’s happening and I’m really excited to start a family with her.” I said as I set up my tee. I focused on my shot, calculating my hole, and shot getting a good stroke.
“What about you Lamar? You and Khloe getting any little ones soon?” Kaner asked. I glanced at Lamar and saw a sad look in his eyes. “Not right now, but hopefully we get lucky enough to have some.” My heart ached when I saw a dejected look on his face, Karoline would tell me all the times Khloe and Lamar had tried to get a baby but just couldn’t, and felt so bad. The conversation seemed to drop when Kaner saw the look on his face, and decided that we should just go ahead and end the game and grab lunch.
As we were all walking back and packing things into the truck, I gently grabbed Lamar’s arm and pulled him to the side. “Lamar, I’m sorry about Kaner. He doesn’t really know that it’s a touchy subject.” I explained. “Jon, it’s okay. I’m used to hearing it on the tabloids so it’s fine.” We both did a ‘bro hug’ as Khloe and Karol would say and got into the car and went to lunch.

Karoline’s POV:
Khloe and I were walking around downtown with shopping bags dangling from our arms, before we left to lunch; we made a little stop in “Kristak” a little boutique I discovered when I was walking when I moved here. “Have you guys decided on if you want a girl or boy?” Khloe asked as we browsed through the racks. “We want a girl, Jon’s family doesn’t have much girls and he wants to spoil his princess.” We both smiled and picked out loads of clothes to try on. “So, I was thinking.” Khloe started, “What, what is going on in that little brain of yours?” “I’m being serious here, okay? I was wondering if you have thought about joining Dash with us here in Chicago?” “Khloe, you know how I feel about doing those things. I just don’t feel comfortable doing things when it’s you, Kourt, and Kim thing. I mean don’t get me wrong, it’s just I want to focus on the baby, and Jonathan. You know I love you and everyone else, I just don’t want that kind of stress.” I told her with tears threatening to spill from my eyes. Khloe nodded and the conversation had left itself.

After the buying our clothes, we decided to go ahead and head back to the condo and already saw Lamar, Jon, Sharpie and Pat already at the bar eating snacks. “Well aren’t you boys having a blast?” I said after putting Khloe’s bags and mine in my room. “How was Karol and Khloe day?” Lamar asked as he hugged Khloe. “It was fun, much needed sister time.” We all moved into the living area after Sharpie and Kaner decided to leave and give the four of us some time. We were watching the Cubs game when Khloe’s phone rang. “Speak of the Kim, Hello?” she said as she put it on speakerphone. “Khloe? Where are you?” Kim’s voice rang out. “I’m in Chicago with Lamar.” “Why?” “I wanted to visit Karoline and Jonathan.” “Okay, well when are you coming back? I have some major announcement to make and I want you and Lamar here.” After Kim had said that, my body stiffened when she didn’t mentioned my name or Jon’s in her sentence, “Well I won’t be back in L.A till Sunday night, and what major announcement? Why can’t you just tell me over the phone?” “Because this is huge, and I want the family here to hear it.” “Okay, well, have you told Karoline about this announcement?” “No, she’s obviously too busy with her own life to care about this announcement” I scoffed and rolled my eyes, “That’s rude Kim,” Khloe defended, “she’s our sister, she has to be there too, I’m pretty sure she can take the time to come to L.A to hear your news.” “Whatever, just be here Monday, that’s when everyone is coming over.” “Kay, whatever bye.” With that, Khloe hung up the phone and sighed, “She’s such a bitch.” I said out loud, Jonathan tightened his grip on my shoulder, “Babe,” “No Jonathan, she is. You don’t understand how hurtful it is to hear that my older sister doesn’t want me to hear her ‘important’ announcement.”

I suddenly stood up and went out to the balcony getting some fresh air. I heard the door slide open and close and Khloe stepped into my side view. “I know that Kim is a bitch, but I’m sure she didn’t mean it.” “Stop defending her Khloe, what’s said is said, she obviously doesn’t want me to know, and if she wants to be like that, then she doesn’t have to know that she’s getting another niece or nephew, or that she doesn’t have to know that I’m getting married or anything like that.” I said furiously. “I seriously wish I wasn’t in this family half the time, I mean ever since I moved here, You, Kourt, and Rob are the only ones who would call me daily, who would actually come visit me, I mean not even my own fucking mother doesn’t even call me since I’m not in the business.” “You know that everyone loves you, everyone is just busy doing their own things,” “Khloe, seriously? You and Lamar took the time to come out here, Kourtney and Scott even took me to out in New York when I was there with Jonathan, and Rob visited me also. Not ONCE did Kim visited, or Mom. Everyone thinks Rob’s the black sheep in the family? How do you think I feel? I’m the one out here ALONE with NO family here in Chicago, I mean yeah it was my decision to move here and I know I have Jonathan, but it would be comforting to have more than just a visit, no one invited me to Miami, or to New York, or to any events. It hurts to see the entire family at events, and they don’t ask me. The media thinks I’m ashamed of the family, when I’m not, I just don’t want people to know my private life, to know what I’m doing everyday, the reason I did all of this was to get someone’s attention, before I even met Jonathan, I was ready to go home, but I knew that if I did, I would hear people say that I couldn’t handle being on my own, it’s hard.” I sobbed; I couldn’t handle it anymore, I cried into my hands harshly as Khloe rubbed my back in small circles. “I know you don’t want to hear what I have to say, but you know that I love you, I will always love you and be here for you. You should know that everyday when I don’t see you, I’m worried about you. I’m worried if you and Jonathan are still together, I’m worried about how your doing in school, or if your safe. The family loves you, and you should know that.” “Khloe, sometimes, knowing isn’t good enough,” I got up, hugged her, and quietly went into my room, and cried myself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is WAY overdue.
feedback please.