Sequel: Bright Lights
Status: In the Works :]

Keeping Up With Toews?

7. Ultrasound

Karoline’s POV.
Three
weeks passed since my vacation trip to Bora Bora with my family and Jonathan. It’s been two weeks since I finally told Jonathan that I was carrying his child. No one knows I’m pregnant except for Khloe and Jonathan, and his family, and I plan to keep it that way. If I told my mom she’d have a cow and would tell the entire world on that stupid show of hers.
Right now, Jonathan and I are at O’Hare picking up Khloe and Lamar. The both of them are going to help us house hunt so when our baby is born, he/she would have a safe environment to play instead of Jon’s condo. They only could manage a late flight, their plane landing at 5:00.
“Jon, they should be landing soon.” I told Jon as we sipped on our Starbucks coffee as we waited for my sister and Lamar’s flight to arrive. It was 4:30 when I looked at my watch.
I was excited that Khloe would finally spend time with me since she didn’t go to Bora Bora. We had a lot of catching up to do and so did Lamar and Jon.
“Kar, let’s go ahead and start walking to baggage claim.” Jon replied as he laced our fingers together and we both started our journey to baggage claim.
“I’m so excited that Khloe is going to be here, we need a much needed sisters day.” I told him. “While you and Khloe do that, I think me and Lamar might go to the course with Sharp and Kaner.” I nodded and smiled when I realized that Lamar and Jon had a good relationship.
I dozed off for a little while, until I heard a high-pitched scream. I whipped my head and laughed when I saw that it was Khloe. I released my hand from Jon and quickly jogged to Khloe and pounced on her for a big hug.
“Khloe! You loud mouthed buffoon!” I yelled. “I missed you baby seesterrr!” We both laughed as she let me down and I went to hug Lamar. “LaLa! You’ve grown!” I told him as he squeezed me in his famous hugs. We all quieted down and grabbed Khloe and Lamar’s bags and left the airport in my Range Rover, and decided to grab dinner at this cute Armenian restaurant “Sayat-Nova”
Dinner:
“So, when is your first ultrasound?” Khloe asked as we ate our appetizer. “Tomorrow at 8:00, we had to book the 1st and earliest time to strive away paparazzi and people who would leak it.” I replied. “Why don’t you guys announce it already? They’re going to find out sooner or later.”
I sighed and looked at her, “Because I don’t want to be in the spotlight, I hate having everyone knowing our personal lives. Why do you think I refuse to be on that stupid show?”
Jon cleared his throat. “Karoline, your right, but so is Khloe, maybe don’t you think it’s best we tell everyone know then later?”
“Jonathan, I told you this already. Now can we please drop this conversation? My hormones are driving me crazy.” With that, we finished our dinner and went to Jon’s condo.
Condo:
“Karoline, your cell is ringing.” Jon yelled from the bedroom as I was putting coco butter on my stomach. I may not be showing yet, but it’s better to be safe then sorry. “Can you pick it up? I’m kinda busy!”
I stared into the large mirror rubbing my non-existent bump. “Karol, it’s your mom. She says it’s important.” Jon said as he walked behind me and handed me my phone. As I took the phone and put it up to my ear, Jon wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin ontop of my shoulder.
“Yes?” I said into the phone. “Karoline, I need to know your schedule, I want to plan a whole family dinner and want you there.” My mom said. “I’m pretty sure I’m busy for awhile. I’m supposed to be house hunting with Jon, Khloe, and Lamar, and when we do find a house, we’re supposed to go furniture shopping and all the necessities. Plus, I’m going to Canada next week with Jon to visit his family.” I replied back, making excuses. Jon raised his eyebrows at my lie. “But Karoline, you hardly come home anymore. Everyone at home misses you. Please just for once, consider coming?” She begged. I released a huge sigh, and thought about it. ‘I went on that stupid vacation and now she wants me to take time out of my non-existent schedule to fly to L.A for a day to eat dinner.’ I shook my head, “I’m sorry mom. But I just can’t do it. I’m really busy meeting with the realter and Jon just can’t jump on a plane with me. He’s busy also.” Jon released his arms around my waist and shook his head. I gave him a stressed look and mouthed to him that I’ll explain later. Jon shook his head again and grabbed my phone from my hand, and put it up to his ear.
“Kris? It’s Jon. Don’t worry, Karoline will attend your family dinner.” Jon said. My mouth dropped. “It’s no problem, and thankyou. Just send the information to Karoline and I’ll make sure she’s on that plane. Alright, good talking, say hi to Bruce and the girls. Bye.” With that, he ended the call and handed my phone back to me.
“What the hell! Why did you tell her I am going?!?!” I yelled throwing my arms in the air. “Karol, it’s the perfect time to tell your family about our baby.” Jon reasoned. I shook my head furious and stormed pass him and into our master bedroom. “Your seriously mad at me? What’s the big problem? Your mom really wants you there.” “You just don’t get it. You don’t know half the reason on why I avoid my mom and L.A.” “Fine, this conversation is dropped until after the appointment, in which we need to head to bed.” I pulled the heavy duvet over to the edge of the bed and fluffed my pillow and slid into the nice comfortable bed. I turned off my side of the lamp and waited for Jon to slide on his side. “Goodnight baby.” Jon said as he turned off his lamp, wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close to his bare chest and kissed my head before we both closed our eyes and slipped into a peaceful slumber.
The Next Morning.
“Remind me again, on why you chose such an ungodly hour to have a ultrasound?” Khloe groaned as she sipped her Starbucks cup with Lamar beside her trying to stay awake. Jon was next to Karoline also doing the same.
“Khloe, I told you thousands of times and I’ll you again. I don’t want the paparazzi knowing. I had to go through much needed lengths to get the staff and the doctor to agree to make sure none was here during my appointment.” I explained. The doctor’s door opened, and a young man walked in.
“Hello Karoline, Jonathan.” Dr. Moran greeted. Jon and I replied our hellos and I introduced Dr. Moran to Khloe and Lamar. “Are you ready for you first ultrasound?” I nodded and Dr. Moran lifted my shirt and rubbed the gel onto my stomach. After a few minutes and beeps later, I saw a small round thing on the screen. “There is your baby, and there is the heartbeat.” Dr. Moran said as he pointed to where the baby and the heartbeat was. I smiled as tears pricked my eyes. Jon tightened his grip on my hand and let out a chuckle. “Karoline, that’s your baby.” Khloe said as she and Lamar were smiling. “That’s my baby.” Jon whispered and my heart swelled when he said that. I can’t believe it, Me, Karoline Kardashian, is having a baby with Jonathan Toews. Can life get any better?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated. I guess I just kind of lost inspiration to this story. But after much needed time, I found the inspiration again, and have resumed writing. I can't promise daily updates, I'm moving into my dorm at Georgetown soon, and with that coming up who knows when I will be able to write. But I will!! Keep commenting and subscribing!
Also comment on how this chapter is!
<3 elizabeth.