Reverence of Our Dying Day

Fire.

Andy's eyes widen in terror as he sees his house being licked and consued by flames. He ran forward only to be pulled back by a man in a uniform. "Sorry kid, you can't go in there." He looks at the man in rage. "But my-" The fireman cuts him off. "We're trying our best to get your family out. Thats our job, not yours. So please stay here."

Andy numbly nodded, it wasn't long until his body was wrecked in sobs. A bad feeling just consumed him. They wouldn't get out, he just knew it. His mother, his father, his sister, his dog all doomed to suffer a firey death.Andy could feel his heart being riped out of his body. The edges of his vision blurred until darkness fell over him.

There's a pounding in his head as his eyes flicker open. The surrounding area was white and smelled a bit sterle. Andy eyebrows furrow, why was in the hospital? Memories of hours before start to rush back. A cold numbness fills his veins as a piercing pain rips at his heart. They have to be okay.

"You're Andrew Biersack correct?" He turns to look at a woman dressed nicely in a suit. Andy nods numbly. The woman sighs, "I'm sorry Andrew-" He cuts her off. "Andy, it's Andy." The womans face softens "Okay Andy, my name's Janice. I'm a social worker." Andy looks down as hopelessnes fills him. "They didn't make it did they?" Janice frowned and he knew his answer.

"I'm sorry, it's a terrible thing to have to go through- and at such a young age too. But I'm here to help you. We did find one thing though."

She pulled a slightl rough around the edges photo album from her pocketbook. Andy reconizged it immediately and grabed it form her. Flipping through it tears started to come to his eyes. It was the pictures from his family's last vacation to Disneyland. Andy never really wanted to go, but after a few days time he started to enjoy himself. Not that he'd let anyone know.

He wishes he could go back and tell his mom he loved her, tell his sister that she was the best sister anyone could ask for, even if she did annoy him. That he could tell his father that he forgave him for not being there. He was always there for the important things, Andy just wished he could've realized that sooner.

He breathed out a small "thank you" to the woman in front of him. Janice ust put her hand on his shoulder in a comforting manner. Andy looked up at her "Where am I going to go?" she smiled at him painfully. "Well the only relative that jumped to tak you was your Aunt in Oklahoma." he knew instantly who she was talking about, and the thought almost made him smile. Almost.