‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Blame It On The Rain

The warm breeze blew on my shoulders as I walked up the pathway to the Malcolm High gym. I was going to prom with Brooke like I said I would. I followed her slowly, wincing in pain with each step I took. This pregnancy was getting rough now with aches and pains and I didn't like it too well.

I was a little nervous. Yet, I always was in occasions like this. "Brooke, are you sure I look okay?" I asked her before we entered.

"Yes Haley. You look fine." she rolled her eyes. "Come on, lets have fun."

I gulped and followed her through the door, seeing the auditorium filled with people galore. "God damn you for this."

"Oh shush it." she smiled, pulling me towards a wall. "Watch out for idiots. I don't want you to fall."

"If anyone touches me, I'll fuck someone up." I grumbled, crossing my arms.

"I'm sure you are, Mrs. bipolar."

"Ha ha." I shook my head. "You're officially not my date anymore. Madalynn is."

"No, Madalynn is mine." she laughed. "Ut oh, your lover boy is heading your way."

"Who?" I turned, seeing Trevor, Jeydon's best friend that happened to have a crush on me, walking my way. "Aw fuck."

"Don't be rude." she smiled devilishly at me, patting my shoulder.

"Brooklyn, I'm going to fucking- hi Trevor." I smiled at him, turning my tone from angry to polite.

"Hey Hails, Brookie." he smiled. I do admit, the kid was cute. But Alex beat him by a long shot. "So, as I came over here for, would one of you two like to dance?"

"Haley would!" Brooke volunteered me, smiling at me again. "I'll dance with Jay."

"Oh nah, I can't dance."

"It's okay, me either. We can sway." he laughed, holding out his hand for me. I turned quickly, giving Brooke a death glare before slipping my hand in his.

Just a friendly dance, nothing more. I reminded myself as I put my arms around his neck. I moved back and forth with him for a moment, getting frustrated as I felt his hand slip closer to my butt. "So, enjoying prom?" I asked, letting go of him to push his hands to the middle of my back. "Careful buddy, you're getting a little too friendly."

"Sorry. I am." he shook his head, flipping his golden brown hair out of his face. "So, you're pregnant huh?"

"No, I'm just fat." I sarcastically said. "Yeah, I am."

"Do you know the father?"

"Really bro?" I sighed. "Yes, I know the father. Why?"

"Don't get mad at me or anything, but I thought you was the type to put out and have a one night stand." he said calmly.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I hissed, stepping back from him. "I am not like that at all. What makes you think I'm a slut?"

"Because you used to hang with Jenna and Cat Landcaster. Your older sister is Bella Maddox for Christ's sake." he shook his head. "I know a lot."

"I bet you do." I rolled my eyes. "I am married to the greatest man ever, okay?" I sighed, trying to steer clear of slapping the fucker.

"So you're not like them, huh?"

"Fuck no!" I shrieked.

"I'm sorry. I believe you. Please, keep dancing with me."

I rolled my eyes and put my arms back around his neck, swaying back and forth again. "Fine."

"Aha, someone needs to tell that bro this is a formal event." he snickered, looking at the door.

"Hm?" I asked, looking over peoples heads. "What are you talking about? I see nothing."

"I don't see him anymore. Maybe he was picking someone up." he shrugged.

"Man, it's cold in here." I shook, stepping back from Trevor.

"Do you want my jacket?"

"I've got it bro." I heard a voice behind me. I turned slightly to see a six foot tall boy with chocolate brown eyes smirking at me. "Hi."

I gasped, nearly in tears. "Alex!" I excitedly said, pulling him into a tight hug.

"Haley!" he laughed, taking off his jacket. "Here."

I slid my arms through the sleeves without hesitation, latching onto his arm. I looked up at Trevor, who looked pissed. "Um, thanks for the dance Trev." I smiled at him as Alex pulled me along with him.

"I don't know my way out of this place, so lead me love." he smirked, looking over his shoulder as we walked away from Trevor. "Also, we're gonna have to walk home."

"Come this way. Why?" I giggled. "Lets sneak down the hallway to my locker. I need something from it then."

"What could it possibly be?"

"My jacket. Well, your jacket. If we're walking home, I want you to take me to the beach. And I don't want you getting sick." I smiled, pulling on his hand.

"But it's not really that cold out." he shook his head.

"But we're going to the beach. It'll be chilly, smarts."

"I'm fine."

"No, you're not." I rolled my eyes, letting go of him to open my locker. I turned the lock right, hitting the fifteen mark, sliding it to the left to forty five, pulling it open to reveal the mess behind the door.

"So neat, babe." he commented, laughing and shaking his head.

"Shut up. It used to be neat, but I got lazy." I sighed, pulling the jacket off the hook. I threw it at him, attempting to shut the locker door.

He stopped it with his hand, pushing it back open. "What's these?" he smiled, looking at the pictures I had on the inside of the door. Ones we had taken along time ago together. The picture his mother took of us on Halloween, three weeks into our relationship. Another of him, Baz, and I that Kay took. Then a ultrasound picture of the small thing inside of me.

"Pictures, duh."

"Well no shit." he rolled his eyes. "These are so old."

"I know. Except this one, it's pretty recent." I giggled, pointing to the ultrasound picture. "The girl whose locker is next to mine asked me who you were one day. She was shocked when I told her you were my husband."

"She was probably wondering how a gorgeous girl like you got twisted up with a fool like me." he smirked, shutting the door. He put his arms around me, hugging me tightly. "You look extremely beautiful tonight, baby."

I blushed, looking down. "Thanks."

"I mean it. I think we should head off to the beach now."

"Me too." I smiled, kissing his cheek quickly.

I led him through the front doors of the school, holding onto his hand tightly as we slowly walked on. "I feel kinda bad for not bringing the car. I was sorta in a rush to get to you."

"Don't worry about it. I need the exercise anyway. Why?"

"I just was."

"Oh." I bit my lip. "And you'll be leaving me tomorrow, won't you?"

"Actually, no." he said, flashing me a perfect smile. "I'm here for the next two and a half weeks."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously." he squeezed my hand. "Jack is back in town with me. Rian, Zack, and Matt went off on a endeavor to Scotland so Matt could apologize to Kimberly."

"So you're all mine for the next couple weeks?" I grinned, stopping to take off my shoes. "These heels are fucking killing me." I complained as I slipped them off.

"I'm surprised you actually went."

"I didn't want to, but I did I guess." I sighed. "After forever searching, I found this lovely dress to wear, but I didn't have my lovely date with me."

"Aw come on, you had Brooke." he laughed, leading me out towards the shoreline.

"She was my date. Then she offended me." I laughed along with him.

"Who was the tool with his hands all over my beautiful wife?"

"Trevor Hawkins." I snorted. "He is a tool. He's Jeydon's best friend and he asked me to dance and Brooklyn volunteered me to do it."

"I'm gonna cut her hair while she's sleeping." he narrowed his eyes. "He didn't seem worthy of that dance."

"He wasn't, trust me." I shook my head. "I save my good dances for you."

"Mine only. Care to give one of your good dances?" he asked, holding out his hand for me to take.

"With no music?" I giggled, placing my hand in his.

"Good point. Hold onto that thought."

I watched as he pulled his iPhone out of his pocket, finding a certain song to play. He played a song that was slow and acoustic with female vocals. He put his hands on my hips, pulling me closer to him. He kept one arm around me, intertwining our fingers. I giggled uncontrollably as he spun us around in a silly-manor, not taking this dance seriously. Madalynn kicked vigorously in response to our commotion.

The song ended and a new one started. I felt a raindrop on my shoulder and I looked up at the sky, seeing the dark clouds overhead in the concealed light from the moon.

"You've got me caught in all this mess. I guess, we can blame it on the rain.." the song chanted.

"Ironic." he laughed as he kept swaying us back and forth.

"I know." I smiled, feeling the rain start to pick up. "Dancing in the rain has always been on my list to do before I die."

"Oh really now?" he smirked. "Mine too, baby. Mine too."

"Sure." I shook my head. A loud clash of thunder sounded, causing me to flinch into his chest. "Shut up." I slapped his chest for laughing.

"I'm sorry, but your fear of thunderstorms are funny." he said, trying to catch his breath from laughing so hard. "Lets go back home."

I nodded and took his hand, walking in the wet sand in direction to home. On the way back, the wind picked up and the rain poured down, thundering and lightning with it all. We got back home, soaking wet from the rain and rushed upstairs. I pulled the pins out of my hair, letting the mess fall down my shoulders. "Hey Alex?"

"Hey Haley." he replied with a smug grin. "Yes?"

"I'm gonna take a quick shower to clean the sand off of my feet. I'll be back." I say, dashing into the bathroom before he could say anything else. I took off the blue prom dress and hung it back on the hanger, turning on the hot water. I stepped in, letting it flow down my body. I quickly washed my hair and body, getting out and dried myself off, putting on a black tank top and matching black underwear.

I blow dried my hair to get rid of the annoying cold feeling on my shoulders. I also rubbed myself down with lotion and brushed my teeth for Alex's sake. I doubt he would touch me anyway. I stared at myself in the mirror for a minute, twisting around to get a view of my body at all angles. I was twenty three weeks pregnant and didn't look that bad. Or in my mind anyway.

I awkwardly strutted out, feeling his eyes on me. I made my way to my side of the bed, crawling into the bed to set next to him. He leaned against the headboard, smirking at me with his eyebrows raised in curiosity. "Sand free now?" he put his arm around me, allowing me to sink into his side.

"Mhm." I looked up at him, giving him a faint smile. I moved in to kiss him quickly, pulling back to see his reaction.

"Get back here, dammit." he laughed, bringing our lips back together. "I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered back, leaning onto him to cover his collarbone in kisses.

"Simmer down hotshot." he groaned, kissing my forehead.

I pulled back and sighed with frustration. Shot down twice all in four months. Awesome. Either me being pregnant was a major turn off to Alex, or me coming onto him was a turn off. I didn't understand him. "Okay. Goodnight." I angrily said, pulling the blankets over my legs. I laid on my side, not facing him.

"Fuck, baby I'm sorry."

"Forget about it."

"No." he answered harshly. I automatically turned around, throwing myself at him. He pulled me into his lap, allowing him to straddle me. I got him going, sucking and kissing on his neck.

He reached for the bottom of my tank top, yanking the thin piece of clothing over my head. I could tell he was more into it now by the way he handled me. Rough, but with much care. Yet, he was very hesitant. Our hot breaths filled the space between us as he reached down to pull off my underwear. His left his body, joining mine on the floor too.

"Careful." I whispered to myself as a reminder to go easy on my body.

"Very careful, babe." he breathed, giving me the okay to start.

I felt his entry down below, a sensational feeling I hadn't experienced since December. I quietly moaned, grinding my hips against his. Oh my God it felt amazing. I could tell he was enjoying it too. "Holy fuck." I mumbled, leaning my head against his shoulder. "This feels amazing."

He busted up laughing, kissing on my neck, making the satisfaction increase by a good ten for me. "Shh." he smirked, quieting down my abnormally loud moans.

"No." I moaned, shaking my head.

"Let me help you out here." he smirked, carefully giving me a push to lie on my back. I flopped down on the feather pillows, waiting for him to start back again.

He pushed inside me, gently thrusting not to hurt me. "Oh fuck!"

He laughed more, finding humor in the changes in my body. "Enjoying it? God, I'm getting close babe."

"Mhm."

I laid my head back, letting him finish up the job. I thought I was going to die for a moment after he finished due to some intense cramping. "Are you okay, love?" he asked, since I wasn't moving or saying anything.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said. "Just a little cramping. I'm fine though. I'm really sorry about all that."

"About what?"

"About uhh, the sex. I'm sure it was awkward for you." I said, turning to my side to face him.

"Seriously awkward by the fact you were getting off way more than usual." he laughed, putting his arms around me.

"I can't help it." I sighed, resting my head against his chest.

"I know baby, but jeez."

"Shut up." I snapped. "Go to sleep."

"Maybe I'm not tired!" he shook his head, turning off the lamp that lit up the room.

"You're always tired."

"That's accurate." he kissed my forehead. "So, you're graduating in two weeks. How do you feel about that?"

"Relieved. Then I can sleep all day from now to September before she comes."

"That would be smart. I should probably start doing that too."

"I just hope she'll be patient." I sighed, placing my hand on my stomach.

"Me too. I hope she's a happy baby and never cries." he laughed, placing his hand on top of mine.

"If we're lucky and she comes out like me, we probably won't have a loud issue. If it's like you, we're fucked." I giggled, bumping my forehead into his.

"Ha ha." he snorted. "I just know this kid is going to be beautiful."

"I kinda hope she looks like you."

"Why?" he quietly laughed, rubbing his hand up and down my spine.

"So whenever you're gone, she'll be a mini Alex to make me smile."

"That's a good reason. Maybe she should look like me and act like you." he smiled, poking my stomach. "You hear me, babe? Start lookin' like daddy."

I laughed, searching for his lips. He was so cute when he talked to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this chapter has been so sweet, yet awk as hell. Lol, thanks for reading.
Comment & Subscribe.