‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Spitting Image

My eyes fluttered open, squinting from the bright morning sun coming through the window blinds. I let my eyes travel the bed sides, in search for Alex. He wasn't next to me, but he was at the foot of the hospital bed, shushing someone.

I honestly couldn't remember what happened last night. All I could remember was getting into the fight with Alex, then ignoring his call.. Then going into labor? I shut my eyes, deciding it was just a dream. I heard quiet coos then Alex shushing again. "Sh, you're gonna wake your mom."

"Alex?" I asked quietly, a little scared now.

"Morning sunshine." he turned around, exposing a tiny baby in his arms.

"Holy fuck, I wasn't dreaming, was I?" I choked, my eyes locked on her.

"No baby, you weren't." he laughed, walking to the side of the bed. "Wanna hold her?"

I nodded, holding my arms out to take her from him. As soon as she left his arms, she screamed her head off, making my ears ring. "Shh." I tried to hush her, rocking her gently. It wasn't working. "She's already attached to her daddy?"

"Well her and I have been hanging out for the past couple of hours." he shrugged, setting down in the chair next to my bed. "She's a little fussy because she's getting hungry."

"I'm sure." I nodded. "Alex, when did all this happen?"

"6:47 this morning. You fainted right before they got her out."

"I fainted?" I asked, finally getting Madalynn to calm down.

"Yes, love." he smirked. "They were worried that she wouldn't be fully developed. But luckily she was okay. She could breathe on her own, maintain her temperature. But I did find out she's going to have to stay in the NICU for awhile until she gains more weight." he yawned, leaning back.

"You should go home and get some sleep. You look exhausted."

"I am, terribly. But I'm fine."

"Alex, please?" I begged, giving him a pouting face. "For her?" I looked down at her, who was now sound asleep in my arms.

"Fine." he sighed, standing up. He leaned over, kissing Madalynn's forehead, then kissing my lips. "I love you two."

"We love you too." I giggled, waving my hand. "Enjoy your sleep."

"I'll try." he snorted, leaving the room.

"Well, it's just me and you now." I softly said, rocking her back and forth. She looked exactly like Alex. The same brown eyes, dark hair, facial structure. She was in and out beautiful.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is short, but the next chapter will be mad cute. c:
Comment & Subscribe.