‹ Prequel: The Crosby Life
Status: Active

The Fleury Life

All Star Weekend

I’m not sure where the time went. The All Star break was suddenly upon us, Tanger and Nealer getting added in after players backed out, and we entered the break on a seven game win streak. Nothing bad about that at all.
The week before the All Star break, I got a phone call saying that I would be the announcer at the draft, alternating with another announcing, by speaking both in English and French, and I would be a coach for Team Alfredsson.
Cool? I think yes.
Of course, Marc and I had to cancel our plans to go to Quebec during the break, which kind of sucked. But I was dragging my husband with me to Ottawa, so he didn’t mind too much.
I was designated babysitter of the three All Star hooligans for the weekend. Swell. Nothing better then listening to Geno chirp at Tanger and Nealer once the draft took place. All I heard all night, since Tanger shared a room with Marc and I and Nealer and Geno shared the conjoining room, was Geno being obnoxious.
I almost strangled him once he eventually did fall asleep.
The hardest part of the weekend was being dressed up, while at the same time hiding my growing baby bump. I’m an extremely fit person, since I was a hockey player, and my doctor even said that I would show sooner than the average woman because I’m so fit. So much for my abs.
Jordan ungraciously pointed my growing belly out when I was wearing my skin tight cami that I wear to bed when he was over one morning.
He got cold eggs.
Anyways, I’m known to wear tight, yet not revealing, dresses that shows off my outstanding figure. But in order to keep the pregnancy a secret from the public for as long as possible, which Marc-Andre and I decided to do, I’d have to wear something looser, which would raise questions.
I figured out my excuse though for the fantasy draft. I just really liked the dress I was wearing. Which I did anyways, so it’s not like I lied. Not really.
Once the draft finished, my three children, so they’re called for the weekend, put me in the middle of them and we took a lovely photo. My new phone background? You better believe it.
The skills competition was by far my favorite time of the weekend. I had nothing to do, not that I minded, so I was just amongst the crowd watching. I had to scold James a little bit for not being able to hit the one target during the relay, but other then that, my boys did fantastic.
Tanger totally killed our good friend Soup. I was proud.
As for the All Star Game... well, there wasn’t really much coaching going on. We were all mainly there for show to be honest. That’s it. The team did all of the decisions and such. But it was great to watch.
After the game though, and after the MVP was announced, all of the guys just accumulated on the ice and chatted and messed with each other. I was just chatting on the bench with the other two coaches when one mischievous Russian came up behind me.
“SIERRA!”
I jumped in surprise, whipping around to look at him. “What?” I scowled.
He grinned that cute lopsided smile of his. “Come on!”
I narrowed my eyes. “Excuse me? I’m going no where.”
“Please?”
“No.”
He shrugged. “Suit youself.” He beckoned to the other two Penguins and they skated over, all grinning.
Then the two Flyers joined in too.
“No.”
“Ok.” And with that, Geno swooped one protected arm under my legs and swept me in the air while the other four guys started laughing.
“EVGENI MALKIN!” I shrieked, clutching him tightly. “I swear if you drop me, I will kill you! Try not to forget about the baby!”
“I won’t drop you,” he said in a sing song voice as he glided towards the middle of the ice to where all of the guys were. “Everyone wants to see you.”
“Baby?” I heard Claude Giroux ask in French to Tanger.
Tanger looked at me, and I narrowed my eyes again but shrugged. He replied quietly in French. “She’s pregnant.” Claude’s jaw dropped and congratulated me. “But they’re keeping it secret for now.”
“What are you guys saying?” Nealer and Scott Hartnell said together.
“Nothing,” Tanger and Claude said, also at once.
I shook my head as Geno lowered my body to the ice. Once my feet made contact, I let go of his neck and stood straight. “Happy now?”
“Yup!”
I could just imagine my husband in the stands just laughing at me right now.
Despite my reluctance to be carried across the ice, Geno didn’t lie. A bunch of the guys, including Steven Stamkos, came up to me. We chatted and caught up, the tone light and airy, indicating how much fun all the guys had.
Patrick Kane came up and handed me twenty bucks. “Tazer told me to pay you that if I won the breakaway challenge.”
I grinned and took the money, pocketing it happily. “Ah, good boy Jonathan.” Then I patted his shoulder. “Thanks for being creative and winning it for me.”
He gave me a curious look and I laughed. “Your dear captain didn’t think that you had a creative side, so he said you wouldn’t win. I betted him. I figured you’d come up with something funny. I liked the broken puck. Too bad none of the four pieces made it in.”
Patrick laughed and grinned at me. “Thanks for your support. And yes... that was disappointing.”
I grinned back at him as he turned and got distracted.
Then an arm draped across my shoulders. I glanced up to meet the brown eyes of Claude Giroux, a smile on his face. “Why are you keeping it a secret?”
“We don’t want the media attention for it yet,” I said. “So we’re going to try for as long as possible.”
He nodded. “Understandable.” He held me closer to him and lowered his voice. “I’m invited to the baby shower right?”
I laughed and shoved him away, getting him to grin even more. “If you really want to.”
“Awesome!”
I shook my head while my Penguins flocked around me.
The night continued on like that, the guys all playing around with each other and enjoying the company of people they play against, until it was time for everyone to catch their flights back home.
I had a great weekend, for sure. I always look forward to the All Star weekend, because it’s a time for everyone across the league to come together as one (or, well two) team(s). It’s just fun for everyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments always appreciated :)

Check out my new Stalberg and my new Giroux story!!