‹ Prequel: The Crosby Life
Status: Active

The Fleury Life

Emelie

I tapped my foot and clenched my jaw as my team lost sixth in a row, one that they could have easily tied. Once the final horn sounded, I made my way down the runway first, which I usually go last, and I made my way up to Shero’s offices.
I burst through the doors, gaining myself a shocked look. “Sierra?”
“Play Emelie,” I said out of no where, getting myself an even more flabbergasted look. “We need her. They aren’t playing near their level of game. We need a boost.”
Ray put a hand on his head with a sigh. “You know I can’t do that, Sierra. She is suspended indefinitely based on the league, not just me.”
“Then talk to them.” My voice was strong, my eyes defiant. Ray Shero knew that look, and knew better than to try to argue with me.
“I’ll do what I can.”
I nodded and headed out, knowing very well that there was someone on my heels as I wandered to the training room. I didn’t turn to face them, mainly because I knew who it was. Once I finally turned to face him, my hazel eyes met the identical ones that belong to my brother. “Are you sure?” he asked.
“Yes.”
A smile appeared on his lips. “Alright. But I have another boost for the team.” I raised an eyebrow at Sidney. “I will skate at the next practice in Florida.”
I grinned widely and launched myself at my brother. “Congrats, Sid!” I pressed a kiss to his cheek. I’m so happy for you.”
“I’m not better yet, but it’s a step.”
I ruffled his hair. “It is.” I booty bumped him, which caused him to laugh.
“There’s another thing?”
“What?”
“Em is following us.”
I whipped around and faced the French girl who jumped in surprise at my sudden movement. She licked her lips uneasily before dropping her gaze. “I’m sorry, for everything,” she blurted out of no where. Sidney and I looked at each other before looking back at her. “For hurting you, Erra. For hurting the team based on my actions and now they’re suffering.”
My gaze softened. “I forgave you a long time ago, Emelie. But I had to stay away in order for you to keep up your work in therapy.”
She looked at me, shocked. “You forgive me?” I nodded and tears sprung to her eyes as she closed the distance between us and hugged me tightly. “I’m so sorry, Sierra. I’m so sorry.”
I laughed and hugged her back as Sidney smiled between us. “It’s ok, Em. Really. I’m just glad you’re doing something to help yourself. It’s a good step to show your brothers that even the best of us need help once in a while.”
Emelie gave me a sad smile as an understanding settled between us. It was really the first time I truly have seen her since the incident, and although I was not expecting her to be around, I’m glad she is. I’ve missed her.
“Shero told me what you said,” Emmy said to me, and glanced between Sid and I before dropping her gaze again. “But I cannot play again.”
My brows furrowed. “Why not? Mario told me you’re doing amazing at your classes.”
She took a deep breath. “Because I’m not a Penguin anymore.” I gasped and Sidney and I looked at each other. “Mario, Shero and I wanted to wait until I was completely cleared for hockey again before we announced it... but... I’m moving to Philly.”
My jaw hit the floor. “What?”
She smiled up sadly at me. “I’m going to be with Max. All of this... everything that’s happened, made me finally realize how much he means to me. That I...” She took another deep breath. “That I love him. And I’m so sorry it took what happened between us for me to figure it out, especially since you’ve been telling me since, what?”
“Forever,” Sid and I said together, both of us smiling.
Emelie returned the smile, just a bit. “There is no place for me as a Flyer right now, so I’m just going to do some schooling until next season. But, yeah, I’m going to be with Max.”
I stepped forward and hugged my friend tightly. “I’m glad, Em. I think this is best for you.” I pulled away and looked at her. “Does he know yet?”
A real smile appeared on her lips now. “Yes, he does.”
“When are you leaving?” Sidney asked.
“As soon as I’m cleared from therapy and stuff. You guys aren’t mad at me then? That I can’t help the team?”
“Of course not,” Sidney said.
“Emelie, this is what’s best for you. We can’t and won’t be mad at that,” I said.
She nodded and hugged both Sidney and I. “Thank you, you two. I love you both so much.
“I love you too,” my brother and I said together.
“I guess I should tell the rest of the team at some point, eh?”
I grabbed her hand and squeezed it. “We’ll stand by your side. You won’t have to do it alone.”
She nodded as we began to walk towards the locker room. “Oh, and Sierra?”
I looked at her. “Yes?”
She smiled that large smile that I knew best. “Congrats on the baby. You and Flower will be the best parents.”
I laughed and shook my head, my brown curls falling around me. “Thank you, Em.” I rested a hand on my belly. “We’re very excited.”
“And you should be!” She nudged my playfully before we stopped outside the locker room door. “I’m scared.”
“We won’t let them kill you,” Sid said in a playful tone. Emelie rolled her eyes at him.
“Well, let’s get this over with.”
The three of us walked into the locker room, and Emelie told them everything that she told Sidney and I. They were shocked, just as Sid and I were, but also fairly upset. She started crying at one point, after telling them that she just can’t be away from Max anymore, and a few of the guys got up to comfort her, telling her that none of us blame her and are mad at her.
“We will miss you,” Geno said in his rough accent, giving her a noogie. Promise to keep in touch?”
“Of course!” she said in a very choppy Russian that made the guys laugh.
I slipped out of the locker room as all that went on, and found the quiet comfort of the training room. A familiar face was sitting on one of the tables, his dark eyes searching me.
“You’re sad,” he said quietly in French.
A tear slipped from my eyes as I nodded.
Marc stood up and walked towards his, wrapping his strong arms around my smaller body. I rested my head on his chest as he stroked my hair. “I’ll miss her.”
“I know, ma chérie. I know.” He kissed the top of my head. “But she’ll be happy. And that’s all that matters.”
I smiled a bit. “I know.”
Marc smiled back at me. “How about, to make you feel better, when we get home, we’ll start discussing baby names, eh?” My husband winked at me.
I laughed a bit. “We don’t even know the sex of the baby. We just found out we’re pregnant!”
Marc’s thumb stroked my cheek gently. “I know, but figuring out names is fun.” He kissed my forehead. “It might help make you feel better, to think about our child.”
I stretched on my toes to touch my lips to his. “Alright. Sounds like a plan.” I pulled away from him and pushed him towards the door. “Now go shower. You stink.”
Marc-Andre laughed and left me alone in the training room. Scott and Chris were in the offices since there was no one who needed attention.
As he left, though, Emelie walked in by herself. “I’m sorry I upset you.”
“Will you stop saying you’re sorry,” I said in a light tone as I hopped up onto the tables. “You have nothing to be sorry about. I’m happy you’re finally listening to your fault.” I touched my cheek. “I’m not sure I could take any more of your denial.”
Emelie gave me a look before laughing at me. “That’s not nice!”
I shrugged. “Never said I was.”
She looked at me. “I really am going to miss you.”
“You’ll just have to keep in touch, just like Maxy does. He calls me about once a week.”
Em smiled. “I will. I’ll keep in touch.” We stared at each other for a moment, as if taking in the other’s appearance. “I know you’re only 8 weeks pregnant,”
I cut her off. “11 really. I was about 9 weeks when I found out.”
She laughed. “Ok, 11 weeks. As I was saying though, you really are glowing.”
I blushed. “You’re just saying that.”
“I am not!” she defended herself. “You just have this... look about you. You’re just so happy.”
I smiled. “Cause I am.”
“When do you find out if it’s a boy or girl?”
“About 16 weeks or so.”
“I see...” she fell silent.
We stared at each other for a long moment again. Then, out of no where, she walked towards me and hugged me tightly, like she did before. “I love you like a sister, Sierra.”
I hugged back. “Just take care of yourself in Philly, ok?”
“I will, I promise.”
She pulled away and I ruffled her hair as if she was a child. She just smiled at me.
I’m going to miss this girl, even if the past couple months have been very awkward for us. She is apart of my hockey family, no matter where she is in the world. Just like Max, and every other player who I have been around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please keep on commenting! I love to hear everyone's comments :)

Also, I have begun my Viktor Stalberg story, A Broken Promise, so if you are interested, please subscribe and read! :)