‹ Prequel: The Crosby Life
Status: Active

The Fleury Life

Time Is Flying

The next day I received a call from Emelie in Philly, with Max also there in the background. Both of them went on raging about Jenna and what she had done and how the hell could she have done that to Sidney.
I pretty much stared at my phone with a bemused expression on my face, wishing they could see me. Word sure travels fast between friends, that’s for sure.
“I never did like her,” Max said.
Emmy agreed. “Yeah. There was always something about her.”
I rolled my eyes, taking a bite of the roll that Marc made and let them keep on talking pretty much to themselves.
“And to come in between you and Sidney like that~” Max started.
“So bogus,” Emmy finished.
“You two are finishing each other’s sentences now?” I asked, eyebrow raised. “Wow, you guys move forward fast.”
Silence, and then a fit of giggles from Em. “Well... you were pushing us together.”
“For years,” I added nonchalantly.
I pictured Max rolling his eyes. “Whatever.”
I cracked a cocked grin. “I have to go you guys. See you next week for the game?”
“Yeah, we’re meeting up for St. Patty’s day right? You guys are flying in here after the Devils game, so we can go out?”
“Yes. I’ll text you our numbers of who is going.”
“Sweet, later Erra.”
“Bye Er-bear!”
“See ya.”
And that’s how that day went. Everyone consoled Sid at practice and he just shook them off. Despite everything though, he still put on a brave smile and carried on. Although I knew his heart was broken by Jenna, he was letting hockey slowly heal it.
At least she waited to come out when he was cleared for play. If she hadn’t waited and told him sooner, I think he’d go insane. But hockey is there for him.
His first game back against the Rangers was a day filled with nothing but excitement and anxiety. Our parents flew down from Nova Scotia for support, and although Sid didn’t have as great of a comeback as his first one, he still ended up with two assists and played wonderfully. There was a little rust, but it won’t take long for my brother to be back to his normal self.
After the Rangers game, we flew to New Jersey for an afternoon game against the Devils. Three assists from Sid and another win caused all of my boys to be in the best of moods. Once the game was over, I walked into the locker room to get a head count on who was going out for a St. Patrick’s Day outing once we landed in Philly.
“Alright you knuckleheads, who’s going?”
I counted, making note. Sid, Jordan, Marc, Geno, Tanger, TK, Nealer, Martin, Brooksy and Brad Thiessen. Plus me. So 11. I texted it to Max, who quickly replied that he would make a reservation at an Irish Pub for 6, and we were all off for our flight.
We got to Philly at about 5 and after a quick trip to a hotel where I changed into my St. Patty’s Day Penguins t-shirt, shorts, and my Pens hat, my little groupies set out for the Pub in the bus.
Once there at just a little after 6, Max was waiting outside and waved us all over. When he spotted me, he embraced me with a bone crushing hug.
“Ugh, Max, let go. Carrying child, remember?” I pushed at him.
Max let go. “Oops, sorry.” He let go and ‘man-hugged’ the rest of the guys. “There’s some of my guys with me, just so you know.”
“Who?” asked Nealer honestly.
“Em, obviously, G, and the two kids, Shenn and Couturier. Everyone else had plans.”
And so the party began. Marc and I were the first to sit down, Claude on the other side of him and the seat next to me empty. After some scuffling, Jordan plopped down next to me and made a triumphed face at Tanger, who scowled. “Haha, I win.”
I looked at the two. “Were you fighting over who gets to sit next to me?”
Tanger went to the other side of the table and sat across from me, arms folded. “Maybe.”
I grinned. “Aww! I love you guys. You make me feel so wanted.”
Jordan draped an arm around me. “He all just love you do much.”
“No, he wants information from you.”
I looked between Tanger and Jordan. “Information? About what?”
Jordan was shooting looks at Tanger, who began to grin. “About the baby.”
I raised an eyebrow and Jordan let out a long, angry breath. “Dude, why did you have to tell?”
“You took my seat when I called it first.”
I laughed suddenly and everyone looked at me as everyone began to find their seats. I coughed to cover it up. “Sorry.” I looked at Jordan. “Well, it’s out there. What do you want to know that you already don’t to which since you don’t know, I probably don’t know yet because Marc and I can’t keep secrets from any of you guys because you all have your ways of finding out anyways.”
Jordan looked at me blankly, and Max, who was sitting next to Tanger, laughed. “In English, she means just ask already. Cause if you won’t I will since I have my own questions.” He looked at me. “Do you know the sex yet?”
“Nope.” Then I grinned someone evilly. “But I do have a doctors appointment on Monday.”
The three guys, plus Emelie who decided to join in, all itched in their seats. “Baby Flower is coming so fast!” Em said.
Marc, who was speaking with Claude in French looked over at Em with a large, happy grin, but he said nothing before going back to talking with G.
I chuckled. “Yes, baby Flower is.” My hand automatically went to my belly. “I can’t believe that I’m already five months pregnant.”
Max looked confused. “Already?”
I laughed. “Yes, Max, already.”
“Damn. Time really is flying.”
I nodded and looked at Jordan, who kept fidgeting. “Alright, you can’t sit still. What do you want to ask?”
“Do you have a name picked out.”
I chuckled to myself. Everyone wouldn’t leave that alone. I would get a text here and there, or a call, or just at the rink, about whether we had names picked out yet. What can I say, all of these boys are already acting as ‘uncle’ for my unborn child.
“Yes, Jordan, we have names picked out.” That got the attention of Jor, Tanger, Max and Em. “But I’m not telling you.”
The four of them moaned and pouted. “Why not?”
“Because it is a surprise until we find out whether it’s a boy or a girl. You will all know on Monday, ok?”
The pouting continued, but a small chorus of “fine” went up. As always, Sierra wins. I always win.
“So when will the media know?” Max asked, being the first to break out of the pouting. “Because there are speculations going around. I’ve heard people, like Roenick mainly, trying to figure out what’s up with you. Being the sister of a star, wife of another, and a star yourself, everyone is in scary tune to your behavior. For instance, you wore a looser dress at the Skates & Plates this year, and they brought up that you look to wear tighter fitting clothes. And that you take more sick days than ever before.”
I felt a muscle twitch in my jaw. I sometimes really hate being so well known, because I just wish I could keep my private life, well, private. But it is true, what Max said. I’ve seen those around the league putting out rumors, such as I’m sick and, of course, that I’m pregnant. While they may be right about the ladder, I don’t appreciate being talked about behind my back. And no, they aren’t mean about it, I just don’t like being talking about.
“Screw them all,” I finally said. I looked at Max square in the eye. “This is my life, not theirs, and they have no right to be all up in my business, especially if I don’t want them to be.”
Max smiled, actually smiled. “That’s the Erra I love, all fire and kick ass.” He chuckled. “You live your life, Er-bear. Don’t let them rule over you.”
I just stared at him for a long minute, and then looked at the profile view I had of my husband’s face. And then I smiled. “I will tell my secret on my own terms.” Marc felt my gaze and looked at me curiously, his arm going around my shoulders comfortingly. “I saw that since we find out the sex of our baby on Monday, you, my love, can tell the media that if we win on Tuesday, you have a special announcement to tell. And if we do win against the Jets... you do tell.”
Marc thought about it for a minute, and then smiled. “I like it,” he said, grinning mischievously. “Everyone will be restless to find out.” He pressed a gentle kiss to my lips. “Nothing like making the media squirm.”
Everyone around us laughed, even if they didn’t hear what the conversation was about. Marc’s comment was just too funny.
And that’s how our St. Patty’s Day went, hanging out with all of our closest friends, talking about nothing and everything all at once. It’s not very often I can just ignore the company of my friends, who are really my family.
I looked down at my belly, smiling to myself. We have under four months to go. Time really is flying...
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy late St. Patrick's Day my friends! Hope you all enjoy this chapter.

Also, keep a lookout for replies that I may have to your comments. I do reply once in a while :)