My So Called Cinderella Life

Introduction

It's 12 in the morning and I am still working on Kayla's stupid calculus homework... I have my first day of school at 8 o' clock tomorrow and this is the last thing I could worry about. But she did say she had to work on her current event project, but ever since 6, all I have seen her doing is drooling over the television over some dude named Ryan... something.

You must be wondering why I keep complaining without knowing anything, right?

I guess I should begin to explain before you get any more confused.

So my name is Marisa Anderson. I'm 17 years old and my life is an absolute living, hell hole. I have lived in San Diego, California my entire life and I have never, ever, ever, ever been out of the city. I live with my three stepsisters, and my wicked stepmother of the west, and the east.

They're all just... terrible.

I'll start from the beginning. My parents were born on the exact same day and grew up together ever since the early 70's.

My father's name was Paul Anderson, one of the most famous skateboarders ever since 1985 and my mother, Kathline Spencer Anderson, who never got her name as a Dr. as she planned.

They started liking each other during middle school and started dating in high school. They loved each other so much that they had to go to the same exact university, which was University of California, San Diego.

In their junior year, they had me.

I know, BIIIIGGGGG screw up.

So mom had to quit school and dad ended up graduating the university in order to keep his image, after all, he was a celebrity.

A few days after I was born, mom passed away with a problem that the doctors never figured out. So I was always grew up to think that it was my fault that I was the reason for her death. Dad always said that it was never my fault and he was the one who should be blaming himself because all of his "screw up".

I grew up with Dad in a humungous house and it was the greatest years living with him... He also studied further and was able to get his PHd so he was known as Dr. Anderson, one of the greatest professors at San Diego State University and still, a great skateboarder.

My years with him were great, up until he met Margaret. One day, he had to go to a meeting with the university board, and met Margaret Phillips. I do not know the entire story about how they met or even fell for each other, but unfortunately they did.

I met Margaret just three or four months before they got married and she came across as a nice person at first, saying that she had three daughters and she would come by to have them play with me and such. But that never happened. I met Kate, Kaylie and Kayla on the day of Dad and Maragaret's wedding, and they were absolutely horrid to me. Well, only Kate and Kayla... Kaylie was the decent one out of four of them. Kate and Kayla called me brace face, four eyed, ugly faced, and everything they could do to make me cry. Kaylie was the nice one, and just patted my back, saying "it would be okay".

After that, the four of them moved in with Dad and I. Right when they came, Kate said that she wanted my room because it was the second biggest from the master room. At first, I didn't allow it but Dad said, "Please just give it to them. If it's their happiness, just give it to them."

It's like Dad didn't care about my happiness. He didn't even ask if I was okay with him marrying Margaret.

So I moved into the smallest room in the house which was decent sized but I couldn't really fit anything. Like big book shelves or anything.

All I ever knew was that Dad didn't love Margaret as much as he loved Mom, by the pictures and everything, you could see it by his eyes.

He always said that he would not love anybody else as much as he loved mom, but he felt like it was time to move on.

About a year later, when I was nine, the house received a phone call saying that Dr. Anderson had died instantly in a car crash, and that was when my world came crashing down. I raged for days because I didn't believe it but when I finally did believe it, all I could do was cry silently because Margaret had yelled at me for being so loud.

Margaret seemed sad for a few days, and it looked like nothing happened after that. Kate and Kayla did not know the meaning of "sad"... and Kaylie was the only one who supported me because she became close to Dad over the year they lived together.

America lost a great skateboarder and a great professor and I was terribly sad to have lost a great father, and more sad not to know what Mom was like. Dad also passed away without anyone knowing that I was his daughter. He never really opened me up as his daughter or anything. All they knew was that he married Margaret and the only daughters they knew of was Kate, Kayla and Kaylie... but that wasn't really important to anyone as much.

It's also Kayla's way of getting dates with skateboarders around the high school.

Entering 6th grade, Margaret had taken me out of school to do home school and she said that she would hire the best tutor in the city for me. She wanted to save money for Kate, Kayla and Kaylie in order to enter the best schools and she didn't want to waste it on someone who wasn't her actual daughter.

I knew she was wicked, but I never thought she would be cold-hearted.

So I was home-schooled up until now, so I never really had a social life. My only friends that stuck with me were Peter Priesley and Daniella Kelly, who I had known ever since kindergarten. They were always besides me throughout everything I did, and we never lost touch.

I also did have Kaylie, who always supported me but if she didn't obey her mother and her two sisters, they would probably have a fit on her. So we always just secretly talked, IMed each other and text messaged each other when we were in the same house.

Kate is the oldest sister out of the three being two years older than Kaylie and I. And she currently goes to where Dad used to teach at, which was San Diego State University studying theatre studies; which is a great major for her because she is superb at acting like she's a good person. Kaylie and I are the same age, and she's a senior in high school and I am about to enter as a senior. And Kayla is a year younger than us being a junior in high school.

During home-schooling, I began searching for colleges to see which decent ones would accept me as a home-schooled student. I wanted to enter San Diego State University because that is where Dad taught; and I wanted to enter as a Media major and I figured that graduating from a good high school to get a diploma was the best way.

I literally went down on my knees and begged Margaret to go to the same high school that Kayla and Kaylie are currently going to. She only gave in when I said I would be paying for my own tuition.

So I applied to La Jolla Country Day School and got accepted within two months and I was about ready to enter my first year there as a senior.

I was lucky that Kaylie, Peter and Daniella went there so I would not be the only one left without a friend.

Once in a while, when Kayla has huge homework assignments, she would usually give it to me to do because it would take her forever. And she would purposely give it to me later, saying she forgot or saying that she did other homework and she wasn't able to get to this certain one, blah blah blah... She did on purpose so it would reach her satisfaction of torturing me.

My house phone rang, and I went to pick it up... "Hello. Anderson residence?"

"Marisa. You done with my calculus homework yet?" It was Kayla.

I replied, "You really had to call on the house phone?"

"That doesn't matter. Are you done yet?"

I sighed. "Almost. Probably like 15 more minutes. Are you done drooling at the television yet?"

"I am not drooling. I'm admiring. But hurry up please. This assigment is due tomorrow, and I don't wanna get a bad grade on it."

"Okay, okay. I'm almost done. I'll go downstairs when I'm done."

"Perfect. Bye now."

I scratched my head. I grabbed my iphone and dialed Peter's number. "Heylo!"

"Peterrrrrr... Thank god you're still up. I've been meaning to call you but I've been stuck on Kayla's homework for the past four hours."

"You're still doing homework for her?" He asked.

I chuckled, "What else is new?"

He laughed. "What's up?"

"I was just wondering if you can still pick me up tomorrow... Since my car got stolen from me by the older stepsister."

"Hah, yeah. Definitley. I can pick both you and Kaylie up. It's no problem with me. Just, don't put... Kayla in the car."

"Like I really want that to happen." I joked. He laughed and I continued, "Don't you guys have a class together?"

"Unfortunately. It's a partner class too, but I try THE best I can to arrive with my friend so I can avoid her. The girl has asked me out way too many times."

I laughed. "Well thank you in advance. Really appreciate it. I'm so glad you're going to this school, if you and Daniella and kaylie weren't... I'd probably have to put a plastic cover over my head."

"It's really no problem. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Haven't seen you since the beginning of the month."

"I know. Are we still gonna have our weekly movies in October?" I asked.

"Definitley. Who says we're gonna change that?"

"Okay. Thanks Petes. I will see you tomorrow morning then."

"Bye Rissa."

I hung up the phone and sighed. Then I got a text message from Peter, "I forgot to tell you don't forget to bring your skateboard tomorrow. A new skateboarding park opened up and it is mad bomb. Gotta take you to it."

I smiled and finished up Kayla's calculus homework.

Did I mention skateboarding is one of my hobbies? I only did it because Dad was so passionate to skateboarding and I wanted to have some feel of what it was like. So I was able to be a decent skateboarder but not as good as Dad.

I finally finished Kayla's homework and went downstairs to give it to her.

"Thanks big step sis!"

I smiled and then turned myself to go went upstairs.

"Wait!"

I turned around, and she continued, "Anyone picking you up tomorrow?"

"Why?"

"Well, I don't have a ride for tomorrow so I was wondering if I could stick with you. I'm sure Peter's picking you up, right?"

I slightly smiled and looked over at the television and then at the clock. She was still watching guys skateboarding at 12:30 in the morning and Peter was getting me at 7:30 tomorrow. That meant I had to wake up at 6 to 6:30 and there was no way Kayla could get up that early sleeping this late.

I laughed. "Yeah, Peter's picking me up. You can tag along if you want."

"Thanks big step sis! Even if you said no, I would still go with you anyway."

I asked, "Are you going to bed yet?"

"Nah. All my homework's finished so I don't have to worry about getting up early to put make up on."

"Oh, well... okay then. Night Kayla."

She rolled her eyes at me and went back to the television. I shook my head and laughed.

I collapsed into my bed and sighed.

Well good night world, I'll see you again at school tomorrow morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longggg first chapter =] Well, I really love love comments... So lemme know what you guys think... Please :) Thank you. <3333