Status: Active

Well Crazier Things Have Happened

You must be auntie Kayla

“Have you seen thins little girl?” Analeese ask’s panicking holding up her daughters photo.
“No ma’am I have not seen her but we will send a call out to all units to let them know that there is a child missing” He goes over his radio as I rub my sisters back reassuringly.
I have always been jealous of my sister she is beautiful smart married her high school sweetheart and is successful in everything she does.
“Mikayla what happens if we don’t find her I am an awful parent…” My sister cries into my shoulder.
“Ana I promise that we will find her you are a wonderful parent and never let any one tell you otherwise”
“Ma’am what’s-“
“Auntie Kay lookie lookie it’s Travis Pastrami the boy you talk about all the time” I hear a little voice and whip my head around. I see Ana go running over to her little girl and scoop her up in her arms.
“Sonnie don’t ever scare mommy like that again you hear me” I see more tears streak down Analeese’s face.
“Thank you Thank you” She hugs Travis Pastrana like its nothing. My jaw drops and I look away then back again to make sure he is really standing there in all of his glory.
“So I am guessing your auntie Kayla” He smiles at me and I blush.
“Well I am glad that you are here and hope you enjoy the show” He shoots me another smile.
“Thank you for returning my niece” I say wiping sweat from my face with a dirty arm.
We turn away and I think I hear Travis go to say something but by the time I turn back around the crowd has swallowed him.
“Ana you do realize who that was right?” I ask totally struck.
“Yeah it’s that guy you have hangin’ all over your room right?”
“Shh what happens if some one else from nitro circus hears you they’ll think I am creepy”
“What do you care Kay you will probably never see him again any ways famous people like that don’t come back to little races like this twice” She says wiping dirt from Sonnies cheeks.
“I know… I should stop getting my hopes up”
“Kay I didn’t mean it like that but don’t you think they are a little extreme for you?”
“Yeah but wouldn’t it be thrilling to be strapped to his chest jumpin’ out of a perfectly good plane” You look her straight in the face.
“Okay I admit Sky diving does sound like fun but you and I both know that you wouldn’t do it”
“Okay fine so maybe I wouldn’t but still if I did that would be the way I would want it to be” You smile.
“Hey Dave, how’s the bike runnin’?” I ask hopeful that all of the work we put into it this summer was helpful.
“Fine just check it over one last time and make sure that everything is tight we don’t need and incident like last time” He laughs at the memory.
I plop my headphones into my ears and start my check bobbing my head to the beat as I wipe dirt from the motor and check over all of the parts. I scratch my nose and give him the thumbs up on the bike and all of its parts. He kissed my sister one last time pushes his helmet on his head and ruffles up my hair.
“I hate it when he does that” I groan.
“I think you hair is the least of you worries hun” She wipes my forehead with a cloth. “I’m gonna go find some sort of water and soap ill meet you by the track find us a good spot” I giggle and walk the opposite direction of the track.
I scrub some of the grease from my hands and me not paying attention while I have headphones in is just not a good mix. Next thing I know I am slamming into someone and falling on my butt.
“I am so sorry” I say scrambling to my feet dusting off my clothes.
“No problem” He laughs.
“I didn’t think I would see you again so soon” Travis smiles at me.
“Yeah well here I am” I smile and shrug.
“So hey listen I was gonna ask you why exactly you have grease smeared across your forehead?” he smudges the spot on my forehead. My body goes berserk and my skin heats up.
“Uh well because I work on my brother in laws bike” I look away from him my face on fire.
“Oh so we have ourselves a grease monkey?”
“Yeah can’t get enough of it as you can see” I step back and show him my clothes.
“Go get cleaned up and meet me back here” Without another word he walks away from me. When I finally find the washroom I scrub my skin and attempt to find where I bumped into Travis.
“So are you trying to avoid me now” I jump and turn quick.
“You just scared the shit out of me” I say placing my hand over my racing heart. He shoots me an apologetic glance.
“Here put this on” He smiles. I unfold the shirt and it’s one of his racing shirts.
“I can’t wear this I can see the weird looks now I work on one team and cheer for another” I laugh slightly.
“Okay let’s make a deal you wear the shirt and you can sit with my team and after the race you can take it off and you never have to put it back on” He sticks his hand out. I bite my lip and think about it for a few moments.
“Fine but just this one race” I grab his hand and shake it sparks flowing through my fingers.
“I have to go find my sister and tell her that I am sitting with you guys though” I pull out my cell and call her walking a little way away from Travis.
“Hey Ana your never gonna believe what’s happening right now”
“What what’s wrong” She asks sounding a little panicked.
“Nothings wrong but guess who asked me to sit with them” I say getting more excited.
“Well spill” She asks just as excited as I am.
“Travis fricking Pastrana” Say quietly but loud enough for her to hear.
“AHHHH I smell a romance budding” She squeals into the phone.
“Ouch and stop it he just asked me to sit with them and gave me one of his racing jerseys” I say squealing like a little girl.
“Oh you go girl I will see you after the race” She giggles and hangs up on me.
“Okay so where to” I turn and he is no longer alone. Instead I am met with the whole Nitro Circus crew.
"Well come on Travis has to get ready for the race and we have to get to know you" Jolene smiles at me. I follow behind the crew and watch as they jump all over eachother laughing about old memories and stupid things they wish they didnt do. All of a sudden I see tommy start to wander from the crew.
"Go jump on Tommys back I dare you" Roner Points.
I run and jump on his back.
"Tally ho sir Thomas" I say pointing ahead of us. He laughs and starts galloping towards the tent.
"Im losing my pants" He says attempting to grab his pants and hold me up.
"You better not drop me" I say laughing.
"But every one is gonna see my ass" He says letting go of my legs.
I feel myself dropping towards the ground and I put my feet down just in time to catch myself in a squatting position.
"Holy shit did you see the catwoman move she just pulled" Jim yells.
"I just have really good reflexes.. I think it may be from all of the years that I had to put up with all of my cousins." I say standing up.
"Travis hurry your ass up or your going to miss the race and there will be no point in having your friend here" Jolene knocks on the door to the trailer.
"well then start walking there with her and I will be there in time" Travis yells through the door.
"Come on Mikayla lets walk" Joe starts heading away from every one else. Its silent for a couple of minutes then she speaks.
"So how exactly did you meet travis and how did you get one of his shirts" She asks looking at me.
"well I was looking for my Niece with my sister and she came running up to us dragging Travis behind her and I got the shirt because mine was all grease stained" I shrug.
"okay because I was gonna say if your one of those whores that only like the sport because of the money that you better leave now" She nervously laughs.
"Im not dont worry and you have nothing to be nervous about I know your trying to protect your family and I totaly understand where your questioning is comeing from" I smile at her.
"I like you" She laughs with me and bumps my shoulder with hers.
"Hey ladys hurry up the race is gonna start soon" Jim goes running past us. we run after him and wait impaitently for the race to begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and Subscriptions are always helpful