Status: Active

Well Crazier Things Have Happened

Seizures and Battles

As I am watching the big screen of the rest of the track I watch both Travis and Dave’s bikes racing around the track when I see Dave take a digger and the bike go flying.
“Holy shit” I jump over the barrier and rush over to Dave the medics immediately pushing me away. I bite my lip in worry and see Ana rushing over to where we are.
“Guys really I am fine I have taken worse diggers than that before” He scratches his head. I giggle a little bit and he smiles at me.
“Mickey can you make sure my bike is okay please?” He points toward where it landed.
“I guess I have to since they won’t let you get up from where you are”
I walk over to the bike and groan. I start picking up the plastic pieces and check over the engine.
“It doesn’t look good Dave I don’t think you will be able to race for the rest of the day” I yell over the rest of the bikes still racing around. I see him groan in disapproval and then before I know it he has fallen backwards and his body is jerking in an odd way.
“Everyone back up he’s having a seizure” the medics push everyone further away.
“Let me through” I shove through the crowd and whip the epipen out of my pocket and in a seconds I rip his pant leg up and stab him with it. The seizing slowly stops and the medics rush him to the ambulance Ana and Sonnie following immediately in behind him. The ambulance goes rushing off and there goes my ride.
“Shit” I breathe and turn around to be met with a pair of brown eyes.
“What’s wrong is Dave okay what happened?” Travis asks all worried.
“I don’t know what happened to make him crash but he had a seizure and they had to rush him to the hospital hence the shit because I bet Ana has the keys to the truck and that would be my only way home” I say all in one breath.
“Oh well I can always give you a ride home” He smiles at me.
“No I live like a million billion miles from here I wouldn’t ask you to do that, besides I can just ask Bryson to give me a ride and I am not going home right now I am going to the hospital because I have to be my sisters rock and make sure she will be okay”
“Alright lets go” Travis grabs my arm and pulls me over to his truck.
“Hey Jo I am bringing Kayla here to the hospital to make sure her sister is okay then I am going to end up bringing her home” Travis yells to Jolene and before she even thinks about answering he slams the door and starts the truck. I see the passenger window creep down and he smiles at me.
“Come on I know it’s a beast but don’t be afraid” I open the door and heave myself in and Travis is off faster then a speeding bullet.
“So what hospital do you think your brother is at?” Travis asks breaking the silence that fills his truck.
“I’m thinking Verde valley its near flagstaff just keep going” I stare once again out the window.
“What’s wrong Kayla?” He puts his hand on my knee to grab my attention.
“When I finally get to sitting down and thinking about all of the stuff that has happened today its crazy. I mean your Travis fucking Pastrana I only dreamed of meeting you in my life, and now you’re driving me to the hospital to see my injured brother in law and you told Jolene Van Vugt that your driving me home after and I know that I cant get too attached because this will be the only time that I will ever see you. My brother in law could be seriously injured and I can’t even think straight.” I say sighing.
“Your in law will be fine I have gotten into serious accidents like that before, Also I am really here and I am glad I met you because you’re different and after everything was all said and done I was going to ask you to come back to the compound and now I am rambling” Travis stops talking really quick.
“Wait you were going to ask me to come back to the compound with you?”
That’s crazy I whisper to myself and look back out of the window. I see us pull up to the hospital and I jump out of the truck not even waiting for Travis to follow me. I hear footsteps running behind me as I pass through the doors.
“Hello I am looking for David Nichols” I say biting my lip nervously.
“He is room number 314 down the hall” She points towards the left.
“Thank you” I rush towards the direction she was pointing.
“Hey Kayla” Travis grabs my arm. “Don’t let what I said bother you right now just think about David” I sigh again and open the door to room 314. I see David all bandaged up and Ana is coloring with Sonnie.
“Hey how is he?” I ask her squeezing her shoulder.
“He is fine they are trying to figure out what caused the seizure” She wipes her eyes again.
“Ana David is a strong person he will be fine like all of the other times that he has gotten into accidents” I rub her back. I hear Sonnie laugh and look over to see Travis on his back giving Sonnie an airplane ride.
“You want me to take Sonnie for the night?”
“Would you Kay that would be the best” Ana looks up at me.
“Yeah text me with updates on him and I will keep her company”
“Sonnie you want to play with auntie and Travis for the night?” I ask looking at Travis with questioning eyes.
“Yeah play with Auntie and Strami’!!!!!” She grins and grabs Travis’s leg sitting on his foot. We leave and when we finally get back to my apartment it’s been a couple of hours. Let’s just say Mr. Pastrana doesn’t like to follow directions.
“Auntie auntie do you still have my princess Jammies?” Sonnie asks running into my room.
“Sonnie there in your drawer can you put them on like a big girl like auntie showed you?” I hear a faint little yes and I fall onto my couch.
“Make your self at home” I say into the couch.
I feel the couch move down by my feet.
“Hey Kayla Sonnie wants you” I grunt and my arm falls off the couch.
I feel my feet move again and my shoes come off.
“I’m coming Sonnie” I get up and find her with her leg in the arm hole and she’s trying to pull her head through the leg. I get her all situated and she goes running out of the room. I shower and get some PJ’s on I walk out of my room and into the living room to find Travis and Sonnie all curled up together sleeping on the couch. I snap a picture and get a blanket and a pillow. I put his head on the pillow and cover them both up with the blanket. I curl up on another part of the couch and feel myself slowly drift off to sleep.
Later that night I woke up to some one walking around my apartment. I flick on the light next to me and I rub my eyes.
“Travis what are you doing?” I yawn. He doesn’t answer me.
“Hello Pastrana are you in there?” I ask waving my hand in front of his face. His eyes are staring straight ahead and there’s a look of pure fear on his face. I turn quickly and there is nothing behind me. He starts walking towards me and I move out of his way. I do the only thing I could think to do right at that moment I ran into the kitchen and filled a glass with water and then I threw the water on him.
“What happened?” He asks wiping his face off with the bottom of his shirt.
“I don’t know why don’t you tell me why you were walking around my apartment like a creeper with out the lights on?” I say laughing a little.
“I get night terrors” Travis looks at the ground.
“Well then I am glad that you decided to share that piece of information with me after the fact that I thought you were gonna kill me” I say sitting on the couch.
“What do you say to some late night guitar hero?” Travis asks raising his eyebrows.
“How did you know that I liked or even owned guitar hero?” I ask looking at him through my hair.
“Well I just hoped” He smiles.
“Help me get Sonnie into bed and then we can battle” I say lifting the little girl off of the couch. After Travis and I get her tucked in we strap our guitars on and begin to battle.
“How about this if I win you have to come back to the compound no if’s and’s or but’s but if you win I have to do some crazy awesome thing for you” Travis smiles while picking a song.
“Fine bring it” I put my fingers on all of the buttons and pose ready for the song.
“I totally whooped your ass”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and what not are loves :)