The Diva Inside

Girl Talk

I hear the Skype ringtone sounding in my room. I grab a granola bar and then sprint up to my computer. It’s Natalie. I press answer, when she appears she’s smiling a big, toothy smile and just sighs.

“What’s up?” I ask, unwrapping my granola bar.

“Nothing. Just had a great day.” She sighs again.

“Something happen. Does it have to do with Joe?” Her smiles grows wider and her cheeks gain a slight tint to them.

“Maybe. Maybe not.”

“What happened? You have to fill me in on all the details.”

“Ok, fine. So, today in English class, you know how Mrs. Kelly is having our class divided into little groups for this stupid competition?” Natalie takes a break, waiting for me to nod, then continues. “Well, Joe was picked as a leader and guess who he chose second? Me.” A small squeal escapes Natalie’s lips. Something that NEVER happens.

“Wow. Oh my god. I told you he likes you.” I squeal too, something that happens occasionally.

“No, no he doesn’t. He only picked me cause he doesn’t know anyone else, but at least now I have an entire class period to talk to him.” Her smile starts to die down into a small grin.

“Yes, he does. But, who’s also in your group?” I ask, curiously, because I’m pretty sure Ben’s in her class.

“Well, we have Charlotte, the one we went to elementary school with, George, the adorable one in our history class, me, Joe and uhm…oh yeah…Ben.” Natalie gets really quiet as she says the last name.

I try to hold back tears by sounding cheerful. “Oh, that sounds like an amazing group. I wish I were in your class. Joe and I talk all the time in science. We are like best friend. He talks about you a lot in that class, he asks me a lot of questions about you.” He doesn’t really, but every so often he does asks how she’s doing. He obviously likes her, but won’t admit it to me or anyone else.

“No, he doesn’t. I don’t have shot in hell, but thought you might just like to this.” Her cheeks grow pale again and her smile finally disappears until something causes it to appear again.

“He so does. And speaking of Ben, I talked to him today. That’s why I didn’t come to lunch actually.” Natalie looks up at me, with concern.

“Oh really? What’d he say about the kiss?”

“That the kiss was a mistake.” I feel the tears start to well up in my eyes. It still hurt no matter how much I wanted to forget about him.

“Oh, I’m soo sorry, Cami. I know you really like him.” I hear Natalie’s mom calling her in the background. “I’m soo sorry, but I have to go eat dinner. We’ll talk tomorrow. Love you!” I hit the end call button and close my computer. I didn’t even have enough time to tell her the best part. I think I like someone new.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took sooooo long to update and this chapter kinda sucks, but i would probably update more often if i got more comments. But i hope y'all like it. i'm really close to winding this story down. So there will only be a few more chapters before the end. :D Thanks for all the support. <3