Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part One

"Come on guys we are closed, time to leave and go home to your loved ones and sleep off some of that alcohol." I shouted over the crowd still gathered in my bar. Saoirse was an Irish bar slash night club. I opened my doors about six years ago here down by the pier. I moved from Ireland to Huntington Beach 7 years ago to open my very own pub. It was everything I ever wanted, a Rock 'N' Roll bar with an Irish touch even though I was the only one that was Irish. I have two main compaions which is Corra and Lucas. I have no family out here and they are all I got bar this pub.

That was until he walked in, him with the dark smouldering eyes, shaved head and a smile that could make you weak at the knees. He always came alone and ordered whiskey and coke. He barely spoke two words, the only words to escape those perfectly shaped lips was "more please and the usual." That changed after awhile, one night as he sat there alone at the end of the bar. "Another please" he asked and slid his glass towards me. I just nodded tonight was a quiet night so I usually served alone. Actually he was the only one in the bar tonight. I made him another drink and passed it to him. "Six Dollars please?" I smiled at him. He gave the money xactly and I hoisted myself up on to the counter and began reading. "What are you reading?" he spoke softly. I laughed to mysel and told him "PS I Love You" I smiled at him. he just nodded and looked at his glass. "I am Layla by the way." I held my hand out for him to shake it. "M." he said quieter than the last time he spoke. "So what brings you to my bar very night?" I asked him putting my book down and grabbing a glass of white wine for myself.

He shrugged and then spoke " I like the atmoshpere and my fans aren't always here. They have taken over the last place I drank in and so does my ex girlfriend." he said finishing his drink. "Want to talk about it?" I asked taking away his glass. "Nothing to talk about was with her since the 6th grade but we broke off our engagement the other night and are remaining friends." he stayed quiet and I slide him a fresh drink, he went to his wallet to pay me. "No this one is on me." I smiled cleaning up a bit. "By the way Layla is such a pretty name any reason for why you were called it?" he smiled a small smile. "My mom loved Eric Clapton and when I was born decided to call me Layla apprently it suited me." I shrugged. "How old are you?" he asked looking at me. "28 yourself?" I said cashing up my till it was already one in the morning. "I am 30 well just gone." he finished his drink. "I better go home and let you close up have a good night Ms Layla." he waved bye and left. I started singing while I got the bar ready for tomorrow night. Lucas is in the morning and Corra is here later on in the night. As I put up his bar stool I noticed he left something behind him his notebook. I sighed and put it up safe for him sure he will be back tomorrow and with that I switched off the lights and eaded for bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story .... tell me your thoughts and thanks Miss Cora for agreeing to help me rigt this story