Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Chapter Twenty-Four

One whole week has passed since my house burnt down and I'm doing okay. Johnny is fucking heaven sent I tell you. He, along with the guys minus Zack helped set up one of his spare bedrooms for me and Johnny even took me shopping for some clothes. Layla and Matt also took me out shopping and Johnny tagged along. Lucas and Val are finally dating, Lucas asked her out on the second day she officially started working at Saoirse. Layla, bless her soul offered to let me have a week off, but I declined. Working is the only thing, other then my friends that has kept my mind off of the fire. I haven't seen my sister at all and I'm not worried about it at all. Knowing Amirah she's shacked up at Zack's house fucking him, eating his food, spending his money and not doing a damn thing to help herself. Today I have off and I'm going to spend the day with Johnny and his dog Peanut. I don't understand why such large men have such small dogs...other then Matt. Now he has a real dog...

“Corra you ready to go babe?” Johnny calls from downstairs.

“Coming!” I shout as I put the finishing touches on my make up. Peanut barks from her spot on the foot of my bed and I smile at her. “Come on girl lets go.” I coo picking her up in my arms. She licks my chine and wags her tail. Walking down the steps I blush seeing Johnny eye me up once I'm in front of him.

“Looking beautiful today, as always.”

“You're such a flirt.” I say grabbing my doggie bag that I got just for Peanut. Setting her inside I walk out of the house with Johnny and get in his car. “So where are we going first?” I ask.

Johnny pulls out of his drive way and shrugs, “I was thinking maybe go the park and let Peanut stretch her legs, get some fresh air for a little bit. Drop Peanut here off to the groomers, she needs a hair cut badly. Then we can get some lunch.” Johnny says and Peanut wines from her spot in the bag as if she knows what Johnny just said.

“Sounds like a plan.”

“Have you talked to your sister at all?”

I scoff and shake my head, “I'll be lucky to never speak to her again.”

“You can't mean that Corra, she's your sister, your blood.”

“Yeah, that's the only thing that keeps her in my life, she's my blood. Blood always looks out for blood no matter what...Doesn't mean I have to talk to her.”

“I think you should, maybe let her explain what happened.”

“She burned down my house Johnny. What else needs to be explained? What she used to start the fire?”

Johnny licks his lips and sighs, “Forget I said anything about it.” he mutters and turns on the radio drowning out the silence that was bound to follow. The ride to the park is filled with tension thick enough to smother an elephant. When Johnny gets to the park and parks the car I jump out and breath the fresh air in deeply. Peanut wines to be let down and Johnny walks around the car with her leash in his hand. Taking Peanut out of the purse I hand her over to Johnny and he puts her on the leash before he sets her on the ground. Johnny and I walk in silence and I bite my lower lip hating myself for snapping at him. Sensing my guilt Johnny grabs hold of my hand and laces our fingers together. I squeeze his hand as a silent apology and Johnny squeezes my hand back. We spend an hour at the park playing with Peanut and letting all the little kids come pet her. I think she had just as much fun as Johnny and I.

Now back in the car, the ride to the groomers is a lot lighter. I don't feel weighed down by anger and frustration like I first did. “John the groomer isn't going to dress Peanut up in stupid clothes are they?” I ask as I run my fingers through Peanut's hair while she sits in my lap.

“They use to...when I was dating my ex-girlfriend Lacey, but once we broke up I made them stop. I never liked it, but she did.”

“Well good. I always feel bad for those dog who have owners that treat them like little people.”

“Little people? You mean babies?” Johnny asks and I stick my tongue out at him.

“You shush! You knew what I was talking about.” I laugh and Johnny laughs as well.

“Well here we are. You wanna come in or wait out here?”

“I'll wait out here.”

“Alright I'll be right back.” Johnny says scooping Peanut up in his arms. He exits the car and walks into a building called Cool Cuts if it wasn't for the stuffed animals in the window I would've taken the place for a human hair salon. Ten minutes pass by and Johnny exits the building with a little pep in his step. He jumps in the car and pulls off, “Ready to eat?” he asks and I nod my head. “You like tacos?”

“Love tacos!” I gush and Johnny laughs.

“Good to hear, I happen to know where the best taco joint is.”

“Then get this baby moving and lets go.”

Johnny drives to the little dinner that serves the best-mind-fucking-blowing tacos ever, from what Johnny tells me. “We're meeting some people here...” Johnny informs me as we get out of the car. He wraps his arm around my waist and we walk down the street and into the dinner. The hostess smiles and Johnny and he tightens his hold on me, “Steward.” Johnny says not paying any mind to the women. She says nothing as she leads us to our sets with a frown on her face. As we get closer I notice two heads at our table. Once covered in black hair and the other covered in long dark brown hair. My body tenses and Johnny gives my hip a light squeeze, “Just try and talk to her.” Johnny whispers in my ear.

“I hate you.” I hiss lowly as the hostess makes it known that John and I are here. Zack gives John a nod and he smiles at me. I give him a light smile seeing that I no longer have a major issue with him.

“Hey Corra.” Amirah greets and I grunt in response as I sit down across from her. The smile on her face fades and she looks down at her hands in her lap. Another tense silence falls around me for the second time today and I clench my fists in my lap. Johnny places his hand on top of mine and I look at him. He nods his head towards my sister and I shake my head. He narrows his eyes and I sigh glaring at him lightly.

“Hi...Amirah.” I force out and she picks her head up looking at me shocked. Johnny squeezes my hands and I grind my teeth together, “You and Zack look...happy.”

“We're dating.” she says with a smile on her face.

“Like I didn't see that coming.” I mutter and Johnny kicks my leg.

“What was that?” Zack asks.

“I said congratulations.” I say with a fake smile and Amirah smiles looking at Zack with real...feelings in her eyes?

“So. Are you and Johnny dating yet?” she asks.

“I told you we're just friends, nothing more, nothing less.”

“But you're living with him now, don't you two...you know?”

“No. We don't you know. I'm only living with him because some stupid whore burnt my house down.”

“Corra.” Johnny warns and Zack's eyes narrow into thin slits.

“Please I did you a favor and I'm sick of you treating me like I'm the one that did wrong.” Amirah says hotly.

“Oh I'm sorry. Did you want me to thank you for burning everything I fucking owned? Fat chance that will ever happen.”

“You're so fucking blind it's sad really.” Amirah says looking at me with pity and I glare at her.

“Don't fucking give me that look. I don't want your pity. You have to be the stupidest person alive if you ever thought I would thank you for burning my house down.” I hiss.

“If you where as smart as you look you would. I didn't burn it down for no reason at all.”

“You know what, I'm leaving. Johnny you can stay here and let your IQ drop, but I refuse to become as stupid as her.” I state and get up. Amirah jumps up as I make to leave and she pushes me back.

“You know what? I don't even understand why I bother trying to help you. You're so fucking stupid! I push you into Johnny's fucking arms 'cause your too fucking scared to do it yourself and all I get is your childish fucking name calling?! Screw you Corra! I hope you're forever alone!” Amirah shouts and storms out of the dinner.

“Way to win sister of the year.” Zack mutters and Johnny sighs. Amirah's words twist around in my mind as I stand there speechless and I growl.

“Fucking bitch!” I groan and run out after her. I spot Amirah stand over by Zack's car with tears running down her face. Jogging over to her I glare at her, “You stupid! You're so fucking stupid it's amazing.” Amirah opens her mouth to protest, but I hold my hand up, “I should beat the ever living shit out of you for everything you've done. I should send you back to mommy and daddy gifted wrapped. You've been nothing, but a pain in my ass since I left and I can't stand you. I loath you most of the time, but-” I take a deep breath seeing her tears falling faster and harder, “Thank you.” I say softly and Amirah looks at me.

“W-what?” she cries wiping away her tears.

“Thank you. What you did was so fucking wrong, but I know now that you meant well.” I mutter and Amirah nods her head. Without another word I open my arms and pull her into a hug. She holds me tightly and cries to me how sorry she is and I sooth her tears with a soft voice whispering little nothings in her ear. Once her tears stop I let her go and she wipes at her face.

“I guess I really made a fool of myself huh?” she asks.

“Yes, but you made me see what has been in front of me for a while.”

“Good. I was afraid I was gonna have to to shove my tongue down Johnny's throat to make you see how you feel about him.”

“I would've been forced to kill you...Speaking of, you need to apologizes to Layla for destroying her bar and you need to pay for everything you fucked up.”

“...Do I really have too?”

“Yes! You tried to fucking sleep with her man Amirah! You can't do that.”

“I'm not into Matt, trust me. I just wanted another famous fuck under my belt.”

“Why to not sound like a whore.”

“Yeah well she doesn't have to worry.”

“Why you got Zack under your belt?”

“Zack is more then just a fuck Corra. He's...Zack is...-”

“You like him don't you?” I ask shocked and Amirah nods her head. “Well that I didn't see coming, but really I'm happy for you. Maybe now your start acting your age and not like a little spoiled brat.”

“Well see.” Amirah says and I smile.

“Come on we left the guys alone with tacos and beer.” Amirah laughs and links arms with me. We head back into the dinner and sit down with John and Zack.

“You okay babe?” Zack asks and Amirah nods her head.

Johnny looks at me and I smile, “Thank you.” I mutter and peck his cheek. Johnny blushes lightly and we all laugh.

“Well now that the two of you are fine, can we eat now?” Zack asks.

“Fuck yeah!” I say and we dig into our food.

I really fucking hope Zack can change Amirah for the better, if not I may just have to let Layla kill her. Just because we're fine, doesn't mean I trust her around Matt or Johnny...hell any of the guys for that matter.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think? Will Amirah really stop being whore? Did she really burn down Corra's house to get Corra closer to Johnny?

Comment and subscribe!!