Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

The final chapter.

Six weeks after having Skye I felt life had gone back to normal. Matt was writing again, the guys were spending time in Matts parents garage. I pushed Skyes pram into Saoirse to meet Lucas Val and Corra. "hey guys!" I smiled picking Skye up into my arms. "Hey boss lady, hey Skye!" Corra cooed at my daughter. "Nice to see my pub is still standing." I laughed hugging Lucas. "You bet your sweet ass it is! Sometimes I think you don't trust me Layla." Lucas laughed as I stuck my tongue out at him. I took a seat and smiled. Its mad that Skye is hear, my beautiful baby girl. I spent some quality time with the people i call my family before Matt came into the bar. "Look Skye its daddy." I told her and her dimples made me smile. Im actually blessed to have Skye in my life, I wouldn't trade her for the world. "One day I will train you how to run your own bar Skye, I want you to learn what I know! Uncle Lucas and I will have so much to teach and tell you about bars. Corra will teach you about candy and how to make your special drinks. Daddy and your uncles will teach you bout music. You are just as blessed as I am to have these people in your life. Also you have aunt Lily and uncle Ger who love you all the way from Ireland." I cooed to my beautiful girl. Lucas took Skye out of my arms so Val Corra and I could have a chat.

"Makes me want to have a baby with him." Val laughed which made me wrinkle my nose. "I can't imagine Lucas being a dad but he never fails to surprise me though." I laughed and so did Val. "How is the new house Layla?" Corra asked handing me a drink. "To be honest its more like Matts house but Im a mum now and I can't have random fans thinking they can pop by whenever to get a look at Skye. So she comes first but so many memories in that house but better ones can be created in this one." I smiled. "We know you don't like change layla, but so much has changed. You have a baby, your the girlfriend of a rockstar." Corra mentioned and i nodded. "Looks to me you siezed the day and got over your fear and heart break." Corra smiled and wrapped her arms around me for a hug and i hugged her back.

"Look at you missy, I met you in this same bar all those years ago. A girl who had broken her lifestyle of being from a family money origin. She told me a story about her sister being the whore that she is. With know where to go, no job you had 50 quid to your name. I watched you grow into this beautiful person who made sure she worked for everything she got. Now look Corra you are free from Amirah, you also have a rock star boyfriend, friends who are almost a second family, and a little girl who is your god daughter. I think we both siezed our day." I smiled at Corra. "Time really does fly when your having fun." I spoke and Matt came over to me with Skye in his arms. "Ready to go home?" Matt asked putting Skye in her pram. "Yeah I am! You guys still coming over for dinner later?" I asked everyone and they all agreed. We said our goodbyes and headed home.

Matt got Skye ready for bed and I gave her last bottle. As I rocked my daughter to sleep I glanced around the room looking at the photos. Corra was right I guess I had gotten over my fear and finally opened my heart again. I smiled as Skye went off to sleep and I laid her down in her crib and turned on the monitors. When I came back down everybody had arrived. We talked and laughed about happy memories. In a way I guess we all learnt something new about each other. Soon Matt raised his glass of whiskey and spoke. "I just want to say something. Layla thank you for coming into my life. I will admit it wasn't easy to speak to you at first...." Matt spoke. "He wouldn't shut up about you." Brian mentioned which made everyone laugh. "Thanks Brian, but Im glad I did. We have had our ups and downs over the past year and a half, to be honest the guys and I would like to thank you, Corra and Lucas for coming into our lives. I fell in love with you the minute I seen Layla. Even if you didn't make it easy for me to catch you but with a little help from our friends you came around now look at us we have a beautiful baby girl. Skye Lily Sanders, you and her make my life complete. So Im going to end this quick because jimmy looks to sober by saying I love you Layla Louise Reid and you make me the happiest man alive." Matt finished and kissed me on my lips softly.

I went outside for a cigarette as i lit up my smoke I was soon joined with Zacky. "What's up Zacky?" I smiled at him. "Matt was right you really do complete him and Im glad to be the god father of Skye she is amazing."Zacky admitted. "To a beautiful friendship Zacky, lets not have any more hatred between us again." I said tilting my glass towards Zackys glass. "Slainte" I said and Zacky said the same. Soon Gena came outside and hugged me. "Welcome to the family Layla" which made me laugh as I hugged her and winked at Zacky. As we walked back inside. Zacky called all of our attention. "Everyone I would just like to let you know that Gena and I are moving into together." Zacky said kissing Gena's cheek and we all cheered.

Soon everybody went home and I helped Matt clean up. "Layla I was thinking a few weeks back on tour about being on the road a lot in the future and missing out on things with Skye and how I will miss so much of her life. Will you please come on tour when we have too." Matt asked. "That's far to soon to talk about just concentrate on making another amazing album babe. You will never miss a thing I will make sure of that." I smiled kissing Matt softly. "Will you marry me some day Layla?" Matt asked. I looked at him shocked. "Are you proposing to me?" I asked in shock. Matt said nothing after that and we headed to bed but never answered my question.

Over the next few days Matt and I spent a lot of time with Skye. Then one night we all dressed up for dinner at Zacky and Genas. Matts mom took Skye for the night saying we deserve a night with our friends. We headed over to Zackys and met Corra Val Johnny and Lucas on our way in. We all had dinner which Zacky prepared himself. Everyone kept looking at me like something was up and soon I found out. I followed everybodys gaze to Matt. "Layla you are the most amazing woman ever. Strong beautiful and mainly the most kind hearted person. I lost you once and I can't imagine losing you again." Matt said bending down on one knee. "Will you marry me?" Matt asked showing me his dimples as he smiled, I looked all my friends all wrapped around their loved ones. "Yes i will marry you Matt." I said. Soon as Matt put the ring on my finger everyone cheered and congratulated us. I kissed Matt and ran over to show the girls the ring. We soon started talking really fast at once which confused the guys a lot. "There are gonna be a few broken hearted girls again Layla now you and Matt are engaged." Val laughed which made me laugh too. "3 billion women in this world and he chose me." i laughed.

8years ago I came to this town. A girl who ran away from the pain of the loss of her father, no contact with her family and friends at home in Dublin. Did not care about the pain she had caused others. Found herself working in another bar where she met her first best friend Lucas. A guy who loved and protected her. Helped her to make her dream come true the first male she trusted since her father passed away. Soon she made herself a female best mate and realized they were all she needed. Then he walked in to her bar a few years later never spoke a word other than usual and more please. Who knew that 18 months later, that girl who was stubborn selfish and cold would find the father of her child and now her fiancee. I wonder what would of happened if he never spoke to me that night or left his notebook behind him and returned for it the next night and brought his friends would of have known the avenged guys or Val? Would I have gone back home and made my peace? I know for sure I wouldn't have Skye. Told me all this 18months ago I wouldn't of believed you but now I do believe in not taking one minute for granted and I guess my dad is looking out for me. He never wanted me to be alone and sent Matt. I was soon pulled out of my thoughts with Gena asking me had I seen Zacky, I shook my head to say no and notice Matt wasn't in the room either. I looked at Lucas Val and Corra with a questioning look and got out of my seat to find Matt. I walked out into the hallway and seen the two of them standing at the open door way. "I can't believe this Zacky." I heard Matt say. "Believe what?" I asked and Matt turned to look at me. I walked towards the door and Matt wrapped his arm around me pulling me close.

"Oh my god.... This can't be happening?" I said looking at my friends
♠ ♠ ♠
Its the end of a beautiful story. I want to thank everyone for their time to read our story who commented who recommend this story you guys have been great. Tomy co author thank you for helping me with this story i had so much fun and hopefully this isn't the end of our writing experience. Enjoy guys peace out x