Status: Active when I get comments

The Prince of Sevenfold

Agravation

During present times in the country of Sevenfold one man was destined to be king. This man’s father was weakening in his old age and was nearly ready to hand the crown down to his only son. Now don’t think that just because this boy is destined to earn the title of ‘King’ that he wants or is even ready for it. Soon a ball will be held to find a suitable wife for the future king. The elderly man took an oath that his son could pick anyone he felt could help him effectively run the country. I don’t think the king really knew what he had agreed to until it was too late.

Every time a new king or queen would take their reign a ball was held, this tradition has been followed through for thousands of years. Noble families were sent an invitation by the current king and anyone else the prince or princess sought to invite, were given invitations personally. Every peasant man and woman scattered the streets with high hopes during the annual parade that they could receive a personal invitation. The parade is to be held in one day, excitement roared through the stone streets from the whole town. Well, all except the price that is who is currently sitting in the throne room trying to stay awake as his father lectures him on what type of ‘woman’ he needs to court.

“Pay attention!” The brown haired prince jumped and straightened up in his seat as soon as his father slammed his palms down on the table he had been resting on. He looked up to see his father’s nearly tomato red face nearly seething with anger. “Have you heard one word I’ve said boy?”

“I’m sorry father but I can’t sit here and let you tell me the kind of life companion I need to find. Shouldn’t the choice of who I spend the rest of my life with be mine, is that not what we agreed on? When I find someone I think is suitable to sit on the throne next to me it is my choice, you took that oath; what would the people of our country think if they knew their king went back on his word. Hell most of those people who are already lined up in the streets, waiting for tomorrow would try to pitchfork your ass for it if this were years ago. They all want their chance and they hope to god that they will get to be the one by my side, do you want to take away their faith father?” The price knew exactly what chords he was hitting and every nerve that got jabbed at; he knew how to get his way. The prince stood from his chair and leaned over the table, holding himself up so he was face to face with his father’s shorter figure; as if to add force to his words.

“How dare you!” The king’s voice boomed off of the stone walls, his fists clenched and visibly shook as he tried to restrain himself. “Remove yourself from these chambers until tomorrow afternoon where I will give you fifty invitations to pass out. I suggest you use them wisely because come this time tomorrow those are the only guests you may invite to the ball in which you choose a wife.”

“Gladly father but one day you will regret your word in more way than one.” The prince straitened his back, in the process he kicked back the chair he had been sitting in before walking from the room. The prince clenched his fist as he thought to himself.

‘Why do I have to inherit this damn responsibility I don’t want to become the fucking king, hell I don’t want to be the prince of Sevenfold! Why the hell was I born into this role, couldn’t someone who actually wanted the throne be born into this life, couldn’t they have had a son before me?’ The prince thought bitterly as he walked through the stone halls of the castle that would soon be his. Just one more day to choose the people he thinks are most fit to be a ruler. Why does he have to listen to his dad anyway he is an adult and member of the royal family, a prince for that matter; so why doesn’t he get to choose what he does with his life?

“Have you come upon a fitting princess yet my good friend?” Matthew Sanders spoke; startling the prince out of his thought, the shorter man walked closer to him with a dimpled smile on his face.

“Do not address me as your friend Matthew you are nothing more than the son to one of my father’s noble friends. What are you here for anyway the ball is not for another week? I figured your family would show up late as always and you would try to hit on my teenage sister and give her that line about being fashionably late.” The price glared down at the shorter man, he and Mathew have had a rivalry going on for nearly a decade. Both of them being twenty three were still butting heads, wouldn’t they ever grow up?

“My father is discussing something with the king about my future wife, your sister.” Matthew nearly sneered at the slightly older man, mischief shining in his eyes.

“You will not be marrying my little sister anytime soon Sanders and when I get the crown your loyalties to my father will not lie well with me. You will not be marrying my sister while I have the thrown.” The prince stepped up, using his slight height advantage to try and intimidate the enemy. “I suggest you find your father and stay by his side while you are here Matthew or I will call the guard for trespassing.”

The prince sidestepped the muscled man and began walking down the corridor at a leisurely pace. He came to an entry that led to an outdoor walkaway with cement barriers and arches on each side bringing in natural light. As his shoes pattered against the stone walkway the prince took in his surroundings. To the left he could see the castle courtyard; it was in the shape of a square with each side surrounded by a castle wall. To his right the prince saw a large garden currently under the care of their newest gardener Lois.

As the prince entered into the room his eyes scanned the premises, this would become his new room on the day of his wedding. Straight ahead was a raised platform with a cherry wood banister surrounding it; a king size canopy bed sets right in the middle with deep red satin curtains hanging from each of the four posts. A brown and red diamond patterned bedspread and pillows were perfectly placed on the bed. Just centimeters behind the bed’s headboard was a giant arched window with those same satin curtains hanging to the sides by thick, braided brown ties. To the left of the platform was a small sitting area with a fireplace, a coffee table and rug; all matching the red and brown theme. To the right sat a small study equipped with a bookshelf made to take up the wall space straight ahead and to the right. A desk sat right in the middle of the shelves. The rest of the room was decorated in floral and random things like a wardrobe area, set up with those amazing dividers that you can see right through. The dressing area was conveniently placed just outside the closet door. There was also a giant bathroom when you look to the right just after entering the room.

The prince sighed to himself as he took in the sight, this would be his bedroom for the next however many years he was alive and he would have to share it with someone else. Oh the joys of being a prince, or soon to be king.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who do you think the price is?
Who do you think the princes true love?
What Avenged Sevenfold couple do you like seeing rarely find them?