A Tour with Before You Exit

Tampa

"You ready to go B?" I shouted as I chucked my backpack and guitar bag onto the sofa as my Mum walked into the room.

"One second," Braiden shouted from upstairs making our Mum laugh.

"Have you got everything?" She asked while turning on the television, I nodded and tapped my foot waiting for Braiden to come downstairs. When Briaden finally came down she turned to look at us both. "Well be careful and have fun." We nodded and hurried out of the house.

"Where are we meeting everyone?" I asked as we walked past the car.

"Thomas' house," Braiden replied before turning to walk in the direction of Thomas' house.

When we finally reached Thomas' house, his Dad opened the door and told us everyone was upstairs. When we walked into Thomas' bedroom Connor and Riley were sitting on his bed and I could hear Thomas singing in his bathroom. Braiden rolled his eyes and went to sit on the end of the bed while I laughed.

"Looks like you two have competition for best vocal ability," I commented loudly to Riley and Connor making them smile at me.

"Shut up Emma!" Thomas shouted from the bathroom. I walked over and sat next to Riley who put his arm around me and watched Connor and Braiden as they walked into the bathroom to bug Thomas.

"This is going to be a long day," Riley muttered making me laugh at him.

...

"Now the challenge of getting all of our stuff into the car," Thomas commented looking suspicious at the car boot before turning to look at us.

"I say we just chuck everything in and hope for the best," Connor replied before putting his bags in the car, Braiden laughed and followed his lead. After ten minutes we managed to close all of the car doors with us and all the bags inside. "Victory dance!" Connor quickly switched on the radio and turned it to full volume and started head banging with the others copying him. I sat shocked for a moment at the outburst before joining in with them a bit more hesitantly.

After about half an hour of dancing to pop songs on the radio we all laughed and leaned back calmly trying to get our energy back. "That's my exercise done," Braiden commented before pulling out his headphones.

After a few miles of driving Riley leaned over the back seat to try and reach for his guitar, I ducked down in my seat to give him more room so he could get it quickly and sit back down but Connor had other ideas. He suddenly stopped the car making Riley lose his balance and fall with his head in my lap and his legs at an awkward angle against the window. "Not funny," Riley argued when he finally got his guitar.

"Looked pretty funny from here," Connor replied before opening the door to put gas into the car.

"I need the toilet," I muttered crawling over Braiden to get out of the car.

"Want me to come and help you find it?" Braiden asked smiling at me, he knew by now that I wasn't that independent.

"Yes please," I replied as he jumped out of the car. Once we reached the toilet which had turned out to be just around the side of the building Braiden patted my shoulder and opened the door. "Thank you."

"No problem, I'll meet you back at the car okay?" I nodded before he turned to walk back the way we had just come. I stepped into the small room and looked up at the flickering lights before closing and locking the door. When I was done I turned to slide the rusty lock across to open the door but it wouldn't move. I sighed in frustration and hit the door trying to get it to open. After a few minutes of trying the light suddenly turned off making me panic, this was something that would happen in a horror movie before the person was killed. I patted my pocket trying to find my phone to call one of the guys to come and help me.

"Crap!" I half shouted when I realised my phone was still in the car. I kept trying to open the door put I knew it wouldn't budge.

"Emma, are you still in there?" Braiden asked from outside the door. I grinned and nearly did a happy dance.

"Yes! The stupid door's stuck," I replied still trying to push the door open.

"Why are you standing outside the woman's toilet Braiden?" another voice asked, I heard a few sets of footsteps showing all of them were now outside the door, I groaned knowing they were probably going to make fun of me because of this for months.

"Emma can't open the door," Braiden replied making someone laugh, I recognised it as Thomas', of course he would laugh at this.

"Having fun in there Emma?" Connor asked laughing.

"No... It smells," I replied leaning against the door looking through the big crack at them. They all laughed and walked towards the door.

"Okay... get away from the door and I'll try to open it for you Hun," Thomas said shaking the door slightly. I moved back three small steps which was as far back as I could go. After about a minute Thomas somehow managed to get the door to swing open, I sighed in relief and walked out of the small room. "Geez, you were right it does smell bad in there," Thomas commented sticking his head into the room before closing the door again.

The whole walk back to the car I hid my head in Riley's shoulder as Connor and Thomas joked about me being locked in there for fifteen minutes before anyone realised. Riley rubbed my shoulder and glared at the back of their heads while Braiden rolled his eyes at them.

"Okay young ones...entertain yourselves for the rest of the drive," Connor joked as Braiden moved to the driver seat. I sat quietly in the back of the car listening to Riley play random tunes on his guitar. "That sounded pretty cool, play that again." Connor turned slightly in his seat to look at Riley while nodding in approval. After a while of us all giving Riley ideas and telling him what sounded good and bad he had written the guitar part for a new song.

"All we need now is lyrics," Riley commented looking at us all.

"Well then get on it little brother... Emma seen as your stuck in the back with him, you help too," Connor said while grinning before turning back to face the front.

"Let's get on it then," Riley mumbled to me smiling while pulling paper out of his bag by his feet. I nodded slightly and moved closer to see what ideas he was writing down.

...

"Tampa!" Thomas shouted as we drove past a sign showing us we had finally arrived at our destination. I laughed at him and turned to look at Riley who was now sleeping in the seats in the back of the car while I was in the middle row. I pulled out my camera and filmed him sleeping, I nearly dropped the camera in shock when he suddenly sat up and grinned at me. Riley laughed at the look of shock on my face and sat up properly again.

"How long's left?" Riley asked while stretching.

"It's about ten minutes away," Braiden replied looking at us through the review mirror.

...

When we pulled up at the place where they were going to be playing, I inwardly groaned when I saw lines of girls all glammed up in dresses and covered in make-up. I never liked the fact that the majority of them were basically undressing the guys with their eyes and flirted with them...especially Riley. We walked into the building carry all the equipment that they needed and set it up quickly before people started to arrive in the room. While the guys went in one of the back rooms to get changed and to warm up.

When everyone was in the room, some people recognised me and smiled while some of the girls glared at me. I tried to ignore them and started filming. As soon as they all saw the camera they all started screaming and waving, I stopped myself from rolling my eyes knowing they were part of the reason the guys band had made it.

Once the four of them walked everyone in the room everyone started screaming again, I gave them all thumbs up as they smiled over at me, I blushed slightly when Riley gave me a wink before sitting down.

After they had finished play 'One Last Time' Riley turned to look at me a smirked while Braiden looked over and gave me a sheepish smile. What the hell were they up to now?

"Okay guys... do you mind if we play you a new song?" Connor asked the crowd making them scream in response. "Riley wrote it with the help from Emma, Braiden's little sister on the drive up here, so Emma you're going to have to come up here to help us." I stood frozen in shock staring at Connor as if he had grown an extra head. I had sung parts in the song but I thought those were Connors parts or someone else...not me.

Riley came over and grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the stage."You'll be fine, just sing like you did in the car," Riley whispered in my ear before moving me to sit in the available seat. I looked over to Braiden who smiled at me and nodded encouragingly.

Riley took my hand in his and nodded for Connor to start playing before starting to sing.

(Riley, Emma, Both)

I Remember What You Wore On The First Day,
You Came Into My Life And I Thought
"Hey, You Know, This Could Be Something,"
'Cause Everything You Do And Words You Say,
You Know That It All Takes My Breath Away,
And Now I'm Left With Nothing.

So Maybe It's True,
That I Can't Live Without You,
And Maybe Two Is Better Than One,
But There's So Much Time,
To Figure Out The Rest Of My Life,
And You've Already Got Me Coming Undone,
And I'm Thinking Two Is Better Than One.

I Remember Every Look Upon Your Face,
The Way You Roll Your Eyes,
The Way You Taste,
You Make It Hard For Breathing,
'Cause When I Close My Eyes And Drift Away,
I Think Of You And Everything's Okay,
I'm Finally Now Believing.

That Maybe It's True,
That I Can't Live Without You,
And Maybe Two Is Better Than One,
But There's So Much Time,
To Figure Out The Rest Of My Life,
And You've Already Got Me Coming Undone,
And I'm Thinking Two Is Better Than One.

I Remember What You Wore On The First Day,
You Came Into My Life And I Thought, "Hey,"

Maybe It's True,
That I Can't Live Without You,
Maybe Two Is Better Than One,
But There's So Much Time,
To Figure Out The Rest Of My Life,
And You've Already Got Me Coming Undone,
And I'm Thinking,
I Can't Live Without You,
'Cause, Baby, Two Is Better Than One,
But There's So Much Time,
To Figure Out The Rest Of My Life,
But I'll Figure It Out,
When All Is Said And Done,
Two Is Better Than One,
Two Is Better Than One.

I loosened my grip on Riley's hand and finally looked up from the ground when the song had finished to see the crowd clapping and smiling at us. The next thing I knew, Braiden, Connor and Thomas got off their seats to start a group hug between the five of us. I hugged them all quickly before rushing off the stage to sit where I had been previously sitting.

After they had finished the set Braiden walked over to me smiling. "So, how does it feel knowing you faced a fear?" I raised my eyebrows at him and pulled him in for a quick hug. "I mean stage fright, afraid of people outside our group in general..." I punched him on the shoulder but I didn't comment seen as I knew he was right. "Well I'm proud of you."

While the guys walked about meeting all of the fans that had come to see them, I stood to the side and waited for them to finish. "Emma right?" A group of girls looking at me asked.

"Umm... Yeah," I hesitantly replied not knowing why they wanted to talk to me.

"Your an amazing singer, you should sing with the boys more often," One of the girls commented shocking me.

"Thanks," I replied, they all laughed, I was conscious for a moment before I realised they must have been laughing at how shocked I was.

"I'm guessing by that look of shock, you don't sing in front of many people?" Another girl asked.

"What gave it away?" I asked laughing slightly.

"Everything really, were sorry we have to go but it was really nice to meet you," She said smiling at me.

"Okay bye... and thanks," I managed to say making them come to hug me before leaving. I stood in the same spot for a minute shocked... they actually liked me and not hated me.

...

"Okay, weve got to go and play at a house party now," Connor said as we all sat in the car again. "Do you two want to play the new song again?" I hesitated and looked at Riley for help but went to turn around again when I saw he was giving me the puppy dog eyes that I couldn't resist.

"Please Em...I loved singing with you," Riley mumbled to me. I sighed and looked at my lap before looking back at him.

"Fine... I'll sing it again," I replied making them all cheer.

...

When we got to the house I sat behind all of the guests watching them play until it was time to sing with them. They had left it until the last song which was good in a way because I had time to calm down and get ready but I couldn't enjoy listening to them play because I was singing the words in my head o make sure I didn't forget them.

After they finished playing they sat and have a conversation with the fans while I sat quietly and listened to them, Braiden came over and ruffled my hair while everyone stood up. "Having fun over here miss. Anti Social?"

"I'm not Anti Social; I'm letting you talk to your fans..." I replied jokingly glaring at him. He started laughing but then stopped when we walked into the kitchen and saw Connor trying to make the household dog dance with him.

After a lot of energy drinks it was time for us to leave. As we were walking down the drive towards the car Connor decided it was a good idea to run and jump into one of the bushes alongside the drive way. I leaned into Riley and watched in amusement as he jumped and disappeared falling onto the floor. When he finally got up and walked over to us he had grass stuck to his jumper and was slightly limping.

"Regret doing it now?" I asked trying not to laugh. He looked at me and nodded slightly before walking over to the car.

...

When we got into the hotel room is was past midnight, but we all still had energy left after all the energy drinks we had. When I walked out of the bathroom after changing Thomas was lying on the sofa, Riley was sitting at his laptop and Connor and Braiden were lying on one bed.

"You're sleeping on that bed with Riley," Thomas commented not even looking up at me. I looked at Riley shocked that they were letting us sleep in the same bed. He smiled slightly and shrugged his shoulders before closing his laptop.

Everyone got ready for bed and turned off the lights as Riley was still walking over to the bed making him have to feel his way over. I stifled a laugh as he nearly tripped over his own bag before getting under the covers. We had shared a bed before so I weren't nervous... but I wasn't sure whether to stay at the other side of the bed or to move closer to him. He answered my unasked question when he opened his arms to motion for me to move to him. I hid a smile and wrapped my arms around his stomach and laid my head on his chest while he wrapped his arms around me and traced circles on my side with his thumb.

"Keep it PG-13 you two," Braiden mumbled from his bed making us laugh.

...

When I woke up, I saw the other three throwing stuff about the room. I looked up at Riley and saw he was starting to wake up as well. I blushed when I realised we had moved positions during the night and I was now lying half across Riley with my leg over his crotch area...which was hard. I went even redder when I saw the tent that was now visible in Riley's trousers as he went to pull the bed sheet off us.

"Sorry," He mumbled embarrassed as he pulled the sheet back over us. I looked over and saw the others weren't paying attention to us. I weren't really sure how to react, I didn't bother me what had happened to him but both of us, especially Riley would die of embarrassment if the guys noticed this situation.

"Do you want me to distract them so you can get to the toilet?" I whispered. He nodded slightly making go to get out from under the covers, before my feet could touch the floor Riley pulled me back down onto his lap. I looked at him confused before I noticed Thomas was now looking for something by our bed.

"Are you two getting out of bed anytime soon?" Thomas asked before walking to the other side of the room. I stood up and pulled Riley with me. I walked over to the guys while he went to the bathroom to do...

...

As we were packing, I suddenly realised how much of a mess the room was, there was pizza boxes on the bed, pictures that had been handing on the wall were half broken, so to simplify it the room looked nothing like it previously had.

"If the maid that cleans this room see's this video, she'll be like 'oh no, they didn't those boys did not...I had to clean up that room," Thomas commented putting his last few items in his bag.

"Ready?" Riley asked me back to his smiley self, I went on my tip toes and kissed him quickly before taking his hand and following the others out of the room and down to the lobby.

...

We all groaned when we saw the lines of cars in front of us. "It's going to take forever to get home," Braiden commented from his spot in front of me and Riley. After a while of us all sitting in silence watching all the cars that went moving Connor and Thomas decided to get out of the car to have a stretch. We watched from the car as they jokingly started to do star jumps to entertain themselves.

"About this morning..." Riley commented quietly when we were the only ones in the car.

"Don't worry about it, It weren't your fault," I replied smiling at him.

"No it was yours," He replied making a weird movement with his eyebrows. I could feel my faces going red again so I tried to hide in his shoulder making him laugh.

...

"Don't wake her up!" Someone shouted... too late for that. I was in someone's arms being carried up a flight of stairs. I opened my eyes and saw Braiden carrying me up the stairs in our house with the others behind him carrying our bags. Braiden looked down at me and smiled slightly. "Go back to sleep Em's." I closed my eyes again and felt him placing me on my bed. I snuggled into my pillow and kept my eyes closed even though I could feel them all standing over me.

"Oh, she's so cute when she's asleep, this is the time when I like her the most," Connor commented making them all laugh slightly. "Bye Emma," I felt him quickly kiss my forehead before walking away.

"See you tomorrow Emma," Thomas said walking over and also kiss my forehead.

"Sweet Dreams Em," Braiden mumbled peaking my forehead.

"I love you Emma," Riley muttered before giving me a quick kiss. By the time I had opened my eyes from the shock he was halfway out of the doorway.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Song was Two is Better Than One by Boys Like Girls ft. Taylor Swift