A Kiss Before She Goes

Chapter 11

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating somewhere on the floor. I tried ignoring it too tired to get up but it became so annoying. I got up slowly trying not to wake Frank and wrapped one of the sheets around my body. I looked through the pile of clothes until I found it. By now it had stop vibrating. I opened my phone to see 20 missed calls, 5 voicemails and 4 texts. Wtf? I looked at the time on my phone. 1:45 PM. Oh shit! I totally forgot about school.

I looked at the texts first. One from Mikey; ‘Where are you guys? Is everything ok?’

The next one from Ray; ‘Do I need to call the cops?’ I laughed silently at that one.

Third one from Bob; ‘Stop fucking each other and get to school!’ I blushed. If only he knew.

Last one from Gerard; ‘Pick up the phone! I’m freaking out!’

I listened to the voicemails next. Three from Gerard freaking out, thinking Frank had killed me. One from Mikey, telling me to call him a.s.a.p. because Gerard wouldn’t stop freaking out and rambling on about how Frank might have killed me. Last one from Bob, telling me to stop fucking each other. Oh God. I think he knows.

I looked at Frank’s phone on his night stand and decided to see if they called him too. Yup, I was right. 35 missed calls, 2 voicemails and 10 texts. I shook my head and woke Frank up. He groaned and tried swatting me away. I shook him again.

“What?” He said groggy.

“We have to go to school now.” I said sitting next to him.

“No, just lay here with me all day.” He said half asleep.

“Gerard is freaking out wondering why we’re not at school. You have like 35 missed calls on your phone.” I said handing him his phone. He got up rubbing his eyes and grabbed the phone from my hand. He started checking trough his texts.

“Whoa he is freaking out.” Frank said looking at the text.

“What does it say?”

“Here look at it.” He said handing me the phone.

It read: ‘you son of a bitch! You better have not done anything to her! I will kill you!’

I handed it back to him laughing. He looked through the rest laughing. “Look what Bob said.”

“Let me guess, ‘Stop fucking each other’?” I said.

“Yeah! He sent you that too?” Frank said laughing.

“Yeah and a voicemail too.” I said shaking my head. Frank put his phone on speaker as he listened to his voicemails. One from Gerard ranting about killing Frank and the other one from Bob, you guessed it, telling us to stop fucking. Frank and I busted out laughing. Our friends were too much.

“Let me call Gerard so he can calm down already.” I said grabbing my phone and calling Gerard.

“Put it on speaker. I want to hear what he says.” Frank said resting his head on my shoulder. I put it on speaker and the phone rang three times before he answered it.

“ARE YOU OKAY?!” Gerard shouted into the phone.

“Yes, I’m sorry Gerard for not picking up. I fell asleep.”

In the background, “I told you they were fucking.”

Frank and I started laughing uncontrollably. Fucking Bob.

“This isn’t funny!” Gerard yelled. It took a while before we were able to calm down.

“I’m so sorry Gerard but I’m okay. Frank didn’t kill me or beat me.” I said trying to stop laughing.

In the background, “Don’t lie. He beat you up good.”

Frank and were in tears this time. My stomach was hurting so much. I couldn’t take it anymore.

“Bob shut up!” Gerard yelled at him. I heard laughter coming from the phone too.

“Gerard let me… call you back. I can’t… talk anymore.” I said in between breaths.

“Alright, Bye.” Gerard said hanging up. Frank and I just tried to calm down from laughing. After we did Frank pulled me down to bed and wrapping his arms around me.

“Morning beautiful.” He said kissing me.

“You mean afternoon.” I said smiling. He laughed softly and kissed me again. He stared into my eyes for a while before speaking up.

“I hope this isn’t going to ruin our friendship.” He said silently. “I know you don’t want a relationship right now and I’m still okay with that.”

“No it’s not going to ruin anything. It’s like friends with benefits. Just fun.” I said kissing him. I had to be strong. I couldn’t let it get harder later on when I had to leave… or stay. I pushed the thoughts behind my head and got up still wrapped in the sheet.

“Where you going?” He asked sitting up slightly.

“I’m going to go to a shower really quickly.” I said walking towards the door.

“Let me join you.” He said taking the sheets off him.

“No.” He looked at me confused. “We can’t be doing this all the time.”

He lay back down sad but nodded his head understanding. I quickly walked to the bathroom and showered. After I got out Frank went in after me. We got ready and had some lunch. By the time we were done, it was already 2:38. We decided to walk to school and meet up with the boys there. When we made it to the parking lot, school was just getting out. As we waited by the car, I could see Kyle walking towards us. Shit.

“Hey Anna, why weren’t you in class today?” He asked giving me a hug. I could feel Frank glaring at him.

“Oh I had some important stuff to take care of.” I said smiling hoping he’d leave soon. He looked at Frank.

“I’m Kyle.” He said extending his arm out.

“I know.” Frank said crossing his arms. Kyle put his hand back to his side, confused.

I laughed nervously. “Sorry.”

“It’s cool. So I wanted to tell you about this party I’m having at the end of the month. I know it’s a long time from now but I just found out today that my parents are leaving around that time. I would really like it if you came.” He said flashing me those perfect teeth.

“Uh sure but I’ll let you later if I can or not.” I said smiling back.

“You can bring your friends too.” He said gesturing to Frank. “The more the merrier.”

“Ok, thank you.”

“I’ll see you around Anna.” He said hugging me. I waved goodbye at him and looked at Frank when he was gone. He was angrily putting and crossing his arms still. I unfolded his arms; pressing my body against his and making him look at me. I held his head with both my hands laughing softly before kissing him. He instantly wrapped his arms around my waist deepening the kiss.

“Told you they fucked.” I heard Bob’s voice say. Frank and I broke apart laughing along with the rest of the boys. Once I calmed down, Gerard hugged me tightly.

“Don’t ever scare me like that again. Got it?” He said pointing a finger at me. I nodded smiling at him and kissing him on the cheek. We all got in the car, I sat on Frank, and we drove to the Way’s house. No one asked us why we didn’t go to school. I guess because they all already knew what really happened.