A Kiss Before She Goes

Chapter 19

Frank had been ignoring me since my birthday. He wouldn’t even look at me while passing in the hallways or when I tried talking to him. I felt so alone and depressed. I kept a smile on my face to hide my feelings from the boys. It was the last day of school and finals were over. Gerard asked me to come over to his house to tell me some important news. I walked to the parking lot and saw the boys waiting by the car. Of course, Frank wasn’t there.

He’d been hanging out with Brittany more often now. They’d go out all the time drinking at parties. They even started acting like a couple; not holding hands or kissing but the body language said it all. I was jealous but I was more hurt by him ignoring me. Once we got to the Way’s we went straight to the basement. I sat on the couch watching the boys get their instruments.

“So, the news I wanted to tell you today was that” Gerard began saying standing in front of his microphone. “We have a gig after graduation.”

“That’s great!” I said feeling actually happy for them.

“Yeah I heard there was going to be some record people there so we really have to practice.” Ray said tuning his guitar.

“How can you practice without Frank?” I asked.

“We’ll do okay without him today but don’t worry; I’ll make sure he practices with us.” Bob said. I nodded my head and they began to play. I watched silently, drifting in and out of my head. All I could think about was Frank. I went upstairs to get some water. I could hear them finish playing and as I was about to go back downstairs, Ray and Bob come up.

“We have to go home now. See you later Annie.” They both hugged me and left before I could say anything. Gerard and Mikey came upstairs shortly. Mikey smiled at me and kissed my cheek before going to his room. I stood there confused by what’s going on.

“Let’s go to my room.” Gerard said walking to his room. I followed him into his room, sitting on his bed. He closed the door and sat next to me.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“I don’t know, why you don’t tell me.” I knew he already knew something was wrong between Frank and me. I shrugged my shoulders. “Bella, you can tell me anything. I don’t like seeing you upset like this.”

“I’m not upset.” I said quickly.

“Yes you are. I know you’re trying to put on an act so we wouldn’t worry about you but I can tell when you’re upset right away.” He hugged me tightly. I laughed softly into his chest. He knew me too well. He let me go and looked me in the eyes. “So tell me what’s wrong.”

“I’m moving back to Utah.” His face fell. “But I’m not sure yet.”

“Are your parents forcing you…?”

“No, it was my plan when I first came here. After I turned eighteen and graduated I was going back to Utah… but then I met Frank and you guys.”

“Now you don’t know what to do?” He asked softly.

“Yes and Frank found out the truth on my birthday and that’s why he won’t talk to me. I fucked up Gerard.” I said crying now.

“No, Bella look at me.” He grabbed my face with his hands and made me look at him. He wiped away the tears with his thumbs. “You did nothing wrong. You didn’t know you’d fall for Frank and meet kick ass guys like us.” I giggled at him. “I understand why you’re torn apart. You love them just as much as you love us.”

I smiled at him, happy to hear that he understood me. I tackled him to the bed and hugged him tightly. He laughed as he stroked my hair.

“So what should I do?” I asked laying on him.

“That’s still up to you.” I groaned into his chest, making him laugh.

“I just wish we could all live together and be a big happy family.”

“Maybe one day that will happen but for right now,” He sat up pulling me on his lap. “You need to figure where you going after graduation.”

“I know.” I said softly burying my face into his neck.

“Just decide soon because you still need to talk to Frank and make things ok with you two.”

“Do you think he’ll still like me with whatever I choose?” I asked looking into his eyes.

“Bella, I’ve never seen him so head over heels for a girl before. I know he’ll still love you no matter what you do.” He kissed me on my forehead and I felt better. I knew everything was going to be okay.

--------------------------------------------------------

Graduation day. My mother was going crazy fixing my hair, doing my make-up and taking lots of pictures of me with my dad. She took me shopping a couple days ago for a dress and heels. I instantly feel in love with this dress. A turquoise silk dress and black ankle high heel boots.

My parents drove me to school and parted ways at the entrance. I could see the boys up the stairs all dressed up in their dress shirts, pants and shoes. To my surprise, Frank was there. He looked so good; I couldn’t take my eyes off him. They all turned to me as I walked up the stairs to them.

*Frank’s POV*

I was with the boys at the top of the stairs at school when she came. I turned around to see her walking up the stairs. She looked like an angel. Her long black hair flowing in the back from the wind and her dress fit her so well. I couldn’t take me eyes off her.

“Damn Bella!” Gerard yelled making some students look at her. She blushed as he ran up to her and picked her up, twirling her around.

She giggled as he put her down. “Thanks Gee.”

“You look gorgeous Anna Bell.” Mikey said kissing her on the cheek. She hugged Bob and Ray as they told her how good she looked. She thanked them and turned to me. I didn’t know at first if I should hug her or not.

“You look beautiful Rose.” I said softly hugging her.

“Thanks Frank.” She said forcing a smile. I could tell she was hurt but tried so hard to cover it up. I felt my heart break.

Maybe I shouldn’t have been so hard on her.

Her phone rang and she looked at it with a sad face. She excused herself and went down stairs to talk. I knew who it might be and it just made me madder. What was I thinking? She’s leaving tomorrow. No point in trying anymore.

*Rose’s POV*

I looked at my phone to see Bert calling me. I excused myself from the boys and answered.

“Hey Bert.”

“Hey Bells. Are you busy?”

“No, just waiting until I graduate.”

“Oh ok. Well I called to say two things.” He cleared his throat. “First, I wanted to say congrats on graduating today. We’re all so proud of you.”

I laughed. “Thanks Bert.”

“Second is,” He paused. “I just wanted to tell you that it’s okay if you don’t come back to Utah.”

“W-what?”

“I was being selfish by constantly telling you to come back. It never came across my mind that maybe you had made friends there or met someone you like. That maybe you and your parents were doing great and you want to stay.”

I wanted to cry. It was like he knew how I’ve been feeling these last few days and he finally made all my troubles go away in one phone call.

“So don’t worry about me Bells. I need to learn to take care of myself anyway. You helped me through the worst and you deserve to be happy.”

“Thank you Bert. You have no idea how much that means to me.”

“No problem. Now go graduate! Quinn, Branden, Natasha and I are here cheering for you!”

“Wait, where’s Jepha?”

“Oh he’s in New York right now, visiting some family. I think he might be pretty close to you. You should call him and maybe see him.”

“Yeah maybe. Well I have to go now. Thanks again Bert. I’ll call you later.”

“Alright, bye Bells. I love you.”

“I love you too Bert.”

I hung up and felt all the weight on my shoulders go away. I turned around to see Frank gone but the boy’s still there.

I’ll talk to him later and tell him I’m going to stay.