A Kiss Before She Goes

Chapter 8

I woke up feeling refreshed. I looked at my phone that was right in front of me and it read 3:15 PM. I stretched out my arms and felt something wrapped around my waist. I looked down to see two arms holding me tightly. I smiled remembering where I was and whose arms those were. I felt so comfortable in his arms. Unfortunately I had to go pee. I tried getting up slowly but only to be brought back down by his arms.

“No. You’re not going anywhere.” He said groggy.

“But I have to go to the bathroom.” I said whining.

“Hold it in. This is too comfy.” He said holding me tighter.

“Believe me I don’t want to get up either but I can’t hold it in anymore.” I said laughing.

He groaned squeezing me one last time. “Fine.”

He let me go and I quickly ran to the bathroom. When I was done doing my business, I came back to see Frank on his back taking up the whole bed. There was no more room for me; except one place. I grinned to myself and crawled on top of him. His eyes shot open as I laid myself on top of him, wrapping my arms around his waist and laying my head on his chest. I felt him tense up but then relaxed as he wrapped his arms around me. We stayed like this for a while in silence just listening to each other breath.

“Cant this just be our bonding day?” He said softly. I smiled into his chest liking the idea. It felt so right being with him likes this.

“Sounds good to me.” I said. He squeezed me tighter and started playing with my hair. Jolts of pleasure shot up my body with every stroke he made. I started playing with the bottom hem of his shirt, twisting it with my fingers. I stopped playing with his shirt and moved my hand up his shirt a little bit. I started stroking his stomach with my thumb. I felt him tense up again and his breathing became more rapid. I grinned knowing he liked it. I moved my hand further up caressing his chest softly. Before I knew it, he turned me on my back and was pinning me down on the bed. Our faces inches away and he was breathing heavily. His forehead touched mine and I swear I almost died from anticipation. As the space between us started closing in, my phone rang. Frank jolted up quickly and got off me. I groaned as I grabbed my phone from my side. It was Gerard.

“Yeah?” I said a bit angry.

“Whoa, what did I do wrong?” Gerard asked.

I sighed, “Nothing Gee, I’m sorry. What’s up?”

“Just wanted to know if you and Frankie were going to come over today?” I looked at Frank standing against the wall looking at his feet angrily. I sighed again.

“Sure, we’ll be there soon.”

“Alright, Bye Bella!” Gerard said happily.

“Bye Gee.” I said hanging up. I looked at Frank again wondering what was wrong now. I stood up standing in front of him. After a moment he finally looked at me. He was pissed.

“What are you so mad about?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He said coldly.

“No I know there’s something wrong. Tell me.” I said seriously.

“It’s stupid.” He said softly.

“Tell me anyway.” He stood there with his arms crossed not saying anything. I touched his arm as I said, “Frankie, please tell me.” He swatted my hand away; I felt so hurt.

He looked me in the eyes and said, “I saw you and Gerard last night.”

“Saw what?” I asked actually confused.

“Kissing.” He said bitterly. I felt my breath caught in my chest.

“It was nothing.” I said truthfully.

“Sure about that? Looked like you guys were pretty cozy together.”

“Frank I like Gerard but not like that. Yeah we flirt and are touchy feely with each other but it doesn’t mean I like him like that.” He stood there staring into my eyes to see if I was actually telling the truth. He sighed and looked down at his feet.

“I’m sorry, I just… I don’t know. I got jealous. I felt like you and Gerard were getting closer than me and you.” He said. I smiled at him lifting his face with both my hands.

“Don’t worry Frankie. You were my first friend in New Jersey and we’ll always be closer than anyone else.” I said kissing his cheek. He smiled hugging me tightly. He held me there for a couple minutes.

He let go and asked, “So we’re going to the Way’s?”

“If you want to.” I said.

“How about we just pick up where we left off some other day?” Frank asked with a grin.

“Fine by me” I said smiling. He hugged me again and kissed my nose making me giggle. We got our stuff and headed out to the Way house. We walked holding hands talking about random stuff. When we reached the Way’s house, I knocked on the door. Gerard opened it smiling at us but then looked down at our hands. Frank and I blushed letting go. Gerard just gave us a questioning look and let us inside. Ray, Bob and Mikey were sitting on the couch watching a movie. I said hi to all of them and sat on Mikey’s lap.

“Did you talk to him?” Mikey whispered.

“Yeah kind of. We’re okay right now.” I said watching Frank sit down next to Gerard. He smiled at me and looked at the TV. I stayed on Mikey’s lap watching the movie that was playing.

-3 hours later-

I was in the kitchen cooking the boys’ dinner while they were downstairs having band practice. I was making broccoli alfredo pasta with strawberry scones in the oven for dessert. Just as I was done with the pasta the boys came up stairs. It was like they always knew when dinner was ready. I instructed them to go wash up and set up the table. They did as told. All of them were lined up holding there bowls waiting to be served. When I finished serving them, they would kiss me on the cheek as a thank you. We all sat down and began to eat.

“Annie please marry me, so you can always cook for me!” Ray said. I laughed blushing.

“Seriously Anna Bell, you’re food is too good. Please marry me!” Mikey said stuffing his face.

“Hey, hey, hey! She’s marrying me!” Gerard said giving me a wink. I just shook my head laughing. I was sitting next to Frank and I could feel his hand on my knee giving it a slight squeeze. I looked at him smiling and he just winked at me. I blushed feeling the butterflies in my stomach. We all finished dinner and I took out the scones from the oven. We each grabbed one or two with milk and sat on the couch to watch TV.

As it got late Frank and I decided to go home. We said goodbye to everyone and walked home holding hands again. I felt happy knowing that Frank might have the same feelings as I do. Feelings that I tried to suppress because I wanted to make sure I was over him and if I was actually ready to get myself into this again. I shook my head trying not to over think everything.

“What’s on your mind?” Frank asked looking at me as we walked up to my front door.

“Oh, nothing really. Just thinking about the past.” I said facing him.

“Well I hope it’s nothing bad.” He said pulling me close to me.

“No don’t worry about it. I’m more focused on the present.” I said leaning closer to him.

“Me too and a little bit of the future.” He said softly closing the space between our faces. His lips crashed into mine feeling like fireworks just went off. His lips were soft and sweet. He held my face gently with both his hands and I clenched his shirt. My knees almost gave in and my stomach was making flips. It was utter bliss and I didn’t want it to stop. As we pulled away he rested his forehead on mine. My heart was racing and our breaths were heavy. I smiled at him as he held me.

“Goodnight Frank.” I said as I got on tip toes and kissed him lightly on his lips again.

“Goodnight Rose.” He said walking backwards still looking at me. I laughed opening the door. I closed it still smiling at him. I leaned against the door, holding my hand to my chest feeling my heart beat out of control. I sighed in content and went to my room. As I was getting ready to go to bed I heard my phone vibrate indicating I had a text. I looked at my phone smiling.

‘Don’t know how I’ll sleep after that <3’ Frank wrote making my heart melt.

‘Me either<3’ I wrote back. I was so happy that I finally knew Frank felt the same way as I did and I didn’t have to worry about him. I finished getting ready and was lying in my bed ready to turn off the lights when my phone started ringing.

I’m getting tired of people calling me today.

I picked up my phone to see an unknown number was calling me.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey Bells.” A raspy voice spoke. I instantly knew who it was.

“Bert?” I asked excited.

“Yeah long time no talk, huh?” He said chuckling.

“Well it’s your fault for not picking up a damn phone and calling me!” I said wanting to cry. I missed him and the boys.

“I’m sorry… I guess I was still acting like a child, mad at you for leaving me.” He said softly.

“Bert you know I would never leave you if it was up to me.” I said crying a bit.

“Please don’t cry. I’m sorry. I knew I shouldn’t have called you…”

“No I’m glad you finally called me. I missed hearing your voice.” I said sniffling. He laughed. “I miss hearing that laugh too.”

“I miss your food.” I laughed this time. “And of course your smile, laughter and seeing that beautiful face every day.”

I smiled. “Don’t worry Bert, a couple more months and I’ll be back with you.”

“Good. It’s actually the reason why I called. I wanted to make sure you didn’t make more cool friends than us and never want to come back… That’s my biggest fear. I’m scared you’ll never come back.” I said nothing. Of course I wanted to go back to my family but… I was making a new family here too. I was getting really attached to them. I didn’t know now what the future will hold.

“Bert no matter what happens I’ll always be there for you. We’re a family and I’d never abandon my family.” I said knowing what I said was the truth.

He chuckled. “Good. I should go before they wonder where I am. I love you so much Bells. Goodnight.”

“I love you so much too Bert. Goodnight.” I said hanging up. I really didn’t know what to do now. I was falling hard for Frank and I love my new family. Should I stay here with Frank and maybe start a new life? I was risking getting my heart broken again. Or go back to Bert and try rebuilding the life I had before? Going back to something I know and couldn’t hurt me anymore. I was completely torn and I couldn’t help but cry.

What am I going to do?