A Kiss Before She Goes

Chapter 9

Two weeks had passed and school was starting tomorrow already. After the kiss with Frank and the call from Bert, I decided to talk to Frank. I told him that I wasn’t fully ready to be in a relationship and wanted to take things slow because I had my heart broken badly last time. I could see he was really upset but understood. Even thou I wanted to take things slow, we couldn’t keep our hands off each other. When we’d be at the Way’s house, Frank would always hold my hand or kiss me whenever no one was looking. It felt like we were having an affair which made it more exciting for us.

All the boys were at my house watching a movie in my basement. I went upstairs to grab some snacks. My mother was already ahead of me making some bruschetta and raspberry ice tea.

“Mom you didn’t have to do all this.” I told her helping her put away some of the ingredients.

“I know but I felt like making something.” She said wiping her hands on a rag.

“Thank you.” I said kissing her on her cheek.

“You’re welcome. I’m going off to work so behave. Your father will be home in two hours.” She said putting on her coat and grabbing her bag.

“Yeah, don’t worry. Bye mom.” I said as she walked to her car waving at me goodbye. I closed the door and walked to the kitchen. I could hear someone coming up the stairs and I turned to see Frank smiling at me.

“Hey that looks yummy.” He said hugging me from behind and resting his head on my shoulders.

“Yeah my mom beat me to it and made you guys this.” I said hugging his arms. He turned me to face him and he kissed me softly. I always felt my knees go weak because Frank was never rough with me so his kisses were always soft and tender. They made my skin crawl. I was so lost in the kiss that I didn’t hear someone coming up the stairs. They cleared their throat to announce they were there. Frank and I broke apart quickly to see Mikey standing in front of us.

“Sorry to interrupt but I just wanted to get something to drink.” Mikey said softly.

I nodded embarrassed a bit. “Here my mom made some ice tea. Can you take it down stairs?”

He took the tray of drinks and disappeared downstairs. Frank and I laughed like little kids getting caught doing something bad. I grabbed the bruschetta and went downstairs with Frank. After finishing the movie we hung out for a little bit. When it started to get late the boys left home except Frank. I went back downstairs after walking the boys out and saw Frank wasn’t on the couch. I walked to my bedroom to see him in my bed under the covers.

“What are you doing?” I asked walking towards him laughing.

“Going to bed. Let me sleep over.” He said grabbing my hand and pulling me towards him.

“I have to ask my parents first.” I said kneeling in front of him.

“No I’ll be quiet. They won’t know.” He said with a grin. I gave him a look like it wasn’t a good idea but all he had to do was give me that cute puppy face and I gave in.

“Let me go change and get ready for bed.” I said walking to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and tied my hair into a messy bun. I changed into some black shorts and an oversized band t-shirt. He scoot against the wall and opened his arms to me. I crawled into bed lying in his arms, burying my face into his chest. He held me tight and played with my hair.

“Goodnight Rose.” Frank said.

“Night night Frankie.” I mumbled into his chest slowly drifting to sleep.

----------------------------------------------

The next morning I got up early to get ready for school. I grabbed the clothes I was going to wear and went to take a shower. After I showered, I fixed my hair and changed into my clothes. A black short leather jacket, a long grey shirt, blue mini shorts, sheer black leggings and black boots.

Frank was still asleep in my bed, snoring softly. I smiled at him and went upstairs to see if anyone was home. My dad was in the kitchen serving some coffee in his mug to go to work.

“Morning sweetie.” He said smiling at me.

“Morning dad.” I said grabbing a mug from the cupboard and serving myself some coffee as well. After a while he was saying bye and out the door. I took my coffee and went downstairs. I set my coffee down on my night stand and sat on Frank. I started to bounce on him and he slowly started to wake up.

He groaned pushing me off me. “No. The only time I want you bouncing on me like that is when we’re doing something else.” His eyes were still closed but he gave me a big grin. My mouth dropped as I slapped his arm and got up.

“Go home and get ready or we’ll be late for our first day of school. You can come back here and eat.” I said grabbing my cup of coffee again. He groaned once more opening his eyes and checking me out.

“Damn, you look amazing.” He said sitting up.

“Thank you.” I said taking a sip of my coffee. He got up pulling my waist to his and smiling at me. He leaned closer as he kissed my lips softly. I pulled away and threw his sweater at him telling him to go home now. He laughed, kissing me once again before he left.

Frank and I were waiting outside my house after we ate. Gerard texted me saying to wait for them at my house and that they’ll be there in ten minutes. I was confused but agreed anyway. Of course Gerard was late and I started to worry that we weren’t going to make it on time. Just as I was about to tell Frank to lets walk now, I heard loud music coming down the street. A beat up black car came screeching to a halt in front of us. Inside was Gerard and Mikey.

“Where did you get this car?” Frank asked surprised.

“My mom gave it to us last night. Since we’re seniors this year she thought it would be the right time for us to have a car.” Gerard said smiling.

“Lucky bitch.” I said opening the car door. Frank got in after me and we drove off to school. Bob and Ray were already at school waiting for us. I got out of the car looking at the building in front of me. I scrunched my face up, not excited to do work. As we walked inside Frank and I were behind holding hands secretly. Luckily I had homeroom with Frank and Mikey. We all said bye and split up to our homerooms. We got our schedules from the teacher and compared.

“Alright I have Math with Frank.” Frank groaned hating math. “I have English with Mikey and we all have P.E. at the same time but I’m in a different class.” I said looking at all the schedules.

“What class are you in?” Frank asked.

“I’m taking dance class.” I said smiling.

“Nice! So we get to finally see you dance?” Frank said with a devious grin. I laughed shaking my head.

“Yes.” I said.

“Now all we have to do is check what other classes with have with the other guys.” Mikey said putting his schedule in his pocket. I nodded as the bell rang. We all got up and went to meet up with the rest at the entrance.

“Bella let me see your schedule!” Gerard yelled running to me. I handed him my schedule and he looked at it. “Yes we have biology together!”

“Ray and I have History with you.” Bob said looking over Gerard’s shoulder at my schedule. I smiled happy to have almost all my classes with the boys. I only had choir class by myself. The bell rang indicating we had two minutes to get to class. Biology was my next class so I said bye to everyone walking away with Gerard. As we walked he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Gerard knew Frank and I liked each other but he kept on flirting with me to piss Frank off. We got to class and sat down next to each other. Class went by quick.

It was already sixth period, my last class of the day; Choir. I walked in to see a brown grand piano by the white board and stands with desks. There were a lot of girls already chatting together. I sat all the way in the back feeling left out. The bell rang just as a middle aged woman came in setting her bag on the desk. She cleared her throat before she began to talk.

“Welcome to choir class. I am Ms. Brown your singing teacher.” She said writing her name on the board. She went on about the class and what we’ll learn when a boy rushed in.

“You’re late. I don’t accept tardy people.” Ms. Brown said sternly.

“I’m sorry, my coach kept me. Here he gave me a note explaining why.” He said handing her the note. She read it and nodded at him to tell him it was okay.

“There’s a seat open at the back next to that young lady over there.” Ms. Brown said pointing to me. The boy nodded at her and walked up to me smiling. I smiled back blushing. He was actually really cute. He was nicely built, big blue eyes, short honey brown hair, and perfect white teeth. Ms. Brown wanted all of us go to the front of the class one by one and sing a small part of a song. She called us all up alphabetically and I sighed knowing I would be one of the last people being called up.

Everyone that went up was really good. There some other boys too and they really knew how to sing. The boy that was late was up next.

“Okay I’m going to sing ‘Hey Jude’ by the Beatles.” Ms. Brown nodded her hear and he began to sing. Wow. Was all I could say in my head. He didn’t look like he would be a good singer but he was great. He hit every note perfectly. When he finished we all clapped and he sat back down smiling at me again.

“Miss Rose?” Ms. Brown called my name. Fuck I don’t want to go after him. I got up slowly and made my way to the front.

I cleared my throat from being nervous. “I’m going to sing ‘Funnel of Love’ by Wanda Jackson.” Ms. Brown smiled and motioned for me to go on. I closed my eyes and began to sing. I didn’t dare open my eyes afraid that everyone would be laughing or making snide remarks. When I finished I slowly opened my eyes and everyone clapped. I said thanks and quickly sat back down. Ms. Brown just went on more about the class before the bell rang for us to leave. I got my bag and was about to leave when the boy that was late stopped me.

“Hey you were really good.” He said flashing me his perfect teeth.

“Thank you. You were really good too.” I said pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

“I’m Kyle.” He said extending his hand out.

“I’m Anna.” I said shaking his hand.

“Are you new this year? I’ve never seen you before.”

“Yeah I moved here this summer.”

“Oh that’s cool. How do you like it so far?”

“It’s good, I guess.” I said shrugging my shoulders. I felt my phone vibrate and saw a text from Frank. ‘Where are you? We’re at the parking lot.’ I replied back that I’d be there soon. “I have to go; my friends are waiting for me.”

“Where to?”

“The front parking lot.”

“Oh me too. I’ll walk with you there.” He said smiling. I smiled back and we walked out of class together. We talked about music as we walked down the halls. He liked a lot of oldies like I did and some rap too.

“Yeah I hate rap that only talks about money, shooting other rappers and bitches.” I said as we walked through the entrance of the school.

“Ugh yes! I hate that too. It’s like ‘shut the fuck up!’ No one wants to hear about you fucking girls.” He said making me laugh. As I looked up I could see the boy’s waiting outside the car. I waved at them and saw Frank leaning against the car with his arms crossed looking… mad?

“Well there are my friends. It was really nice meeting you Kyle.” I said smiling.

“Same here. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said hugging me and waving goodbye as he left. I walked up to the boy’s hugging them.

“How do you know Kyle Jameson?” Gerard asked as he got in the car. Bob was sitting in the passenger seat so I had to sit on someone’s lap. I looked at Frank but he didn’t remove his backpack from his lap. He just looked out the window with his arms still crossed. Wtf is wrong with him now?

“You can sit on me Anna Bell.” Mikey said patting his legs.

“Thank you Mikey. You’re such a gentlemen.” I said sitting on Mikey’s lap and looking at Frank as I said the last part. He didn’t even move.

“Anyway, he’s in my choir class. How do you guys know him?” I asked wrapping my arm around Mikey’s neck getting comfy.

“He’s the baseball’s team all-star. Every girl in this school wants to be with him.” Mikey said.

“Oh wow. Never thought he would be popular and be in the choir class.” I said laughing.

“He’s good at almost everything so he takes a lot of elective classes.” Gerard said.

“So did he hit on you and ask for your number?” Ray asked nudging my side with his elbow. I saw Frank flinch and hunch his shoulders forward.

“No he didn’t actually. He just told me that I was a good singer and we talked about music we like. He was actually really nice.”

Frank scoffed still looking out the window, “That’s because he wants to get in your pants.”

We were all quiet. I sat there glaring at Frank knowing why he was mad now. We didn’t say anything as we made it to the Way’s house. As we got out Frank spoke up again.

“I’m going home. See you guys later.” He said walking down the street. No one tried to stop him knowing it would be best to just let him be by himself. I threw my hands up in the air giving up. Gerard laughed and threw his arm around my shoulder as we walked in his house.

“Don’t worry Bella. He’ll cool down and realize how stupid he is.” Gerard said as we sat on his couch.

“I hope so.” I grumbled crossing my arms and leaning against Gerard.