Me or Him?

Chapter Thirteen

"I think he's going to be okay," the hospital worker said to me.

"Seriously?!" I was so happy. I had been so worried.

"Would you like to go in and see him? You're his girlfriend right?" I nodded. He let me through the doors and there was Jonathan on a hospital bed with a bloody bandage around his head.

"Carmon, what are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry Johnny, I think everyone knows we are dating now." I said walking over to him.

"You weren't worried were you?"

"I was terrified," I admitted. I felt tears coming.

"Hey, it's alright." He said reaching his hand out and touching my face.

"I've never been so scared in my life."

"I'm fine Carmon, nothing is gonna stop me." I smiled at him.

"Hey Carmon you're bag is ringing," Pat said coming in the room.

"Hello." I said into my phone.

"Where is your article, it was due 10 minutes ago." Oh shit, the review, I didn't even see the rest of the game."

"Uhhhh."

"You do have it right? We don't have room in the company for people who can't make deadlines." I didn't know what to do. I was going to lose my job. Pat was poking me on shoulder. Couldn't he see I was in the middle of something. I waved him away, but he kept poking me. I looked over at him, he had a piece of paper with him.

"I wrote down what happened in the rest of the game. I'm sure it's not very good but..."

"Ms. Edison?" The man on the phone asked me.

"I'm sorry, I'll have it posted in a minute, I was having some issues with my computer, I"ll be sure to call next time." I hung up.

"Patrick Kane! You just saved my life!" I said giving him a giant hug.

"Anything for a girlfriend of Jonathan Toews."

"Girlfriend?!" Standing behind Pat was the entire Chicago Blackhawk team. I could feel my face redding.

"It's okay Carmon, we all knew." Sharp said. I was happy I could excuse myself to go type up my article. I knew that things would be rocky after this, but I had Jonathan, and my dream job. I could get through this
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if I should end it here or not....