The Way of an Exorcist

Chapter 23

Me and Rin ate the obento is comfortable silence, well except for him mumbling when taking a bite of each piece of food. I let out a small snicker of amusement. I grabbed a piece of sushi with my chopsticks and stuck it in my mouth. I hummed out in delight as I chewed it thoroughly. It was so very delicious.

I enjoyed the peacefulness. Someone opened my window, so a nice breeze whipped by, I ended up enjoying nature's music; the birds chirping, the airplane flying by and the wind blowing against the trees, making its leaves rustle. Then our peace was destroyed when a familiar purple haired demon walked in, wearing his usual chesire like smirk on his lips. I let out a huge sigh.

"Hey, Mephisto-san." I greeted him.

I appreciate him taking me in after Shiro dying, but.....he can still be pretty damn annoying.

"How are you feeling my dear Saki?" He asked me.

"A bit better." I answered him, not looking in his eyes.

"Now answer me this question, how can you let a Ghoul inside you Academy?"

"How do you know that it just didn't bust inside."

"Please! I know you have set very strong barriers around this school. A low level demon like a Ghoul, can't simply get in without any help."

"Smart girl. You never cease to amaze me. I wanted to test you powers. Not just yours though, Shima's and Yuki's too."

"You know we could have seriously gotten injured. Yuki fainted from reciting spells and I got my ass kicked! My whole body is sore and my face is bruised! I'm surprised don't have any broken bones!"

"Some thing you just gonna have to risk. I knew you guys weren't in serious trouble. I knew you guys could handle yourself well."

"Still..."

"You guys are learning well. I was impressed when I was watching, though you have to learn not to depend on your demonic power. You tapped into it too quickly."

"I know. I panicked. I didn't rationalized my thoughts right. I thought of the quickest way. I'm trying though. I don't want to depend on my demon power for everything."

"Well, that's why you're here. The exorcists here, will help you with that problem. Anyways, I just came here to see how you were feeling. I have other things to do. Ja ne, Saki-chan.~"

Mephisto walked out of my dorm and shut the door behind him.

Sometimes, I wonder about him....