The Empress of the Seas

Chapter 3

Slowly I came back to my senses with the slight rocking motion beneath me. It felt so much like I was back on my ship I smiled and remembered my old crew; my family practically they were.

Wait… I’m not dreaming… I shot up and looked around to see me in a small room that had a bed, which I was laying on, a desk, a window, a closet, and a door leading to a small bathroom. What the hell- Jack! I thought and stormed out of the room and up to the deck. Jack saw me coming and made one of him crew members the wheel.

“Good to see ye awake, love” he grinned as he came closer but not too close.

“What the hell am I doing on this bloody ship?! What happened?! No! I know what happened! Ye bloody kidnapped me!” I screamed in his face. I was furious.

“Ok love, calm down. I know for a fact ye wanted to get away from that town and that ye wanted to come onto me ship,”

“No! I wanted to go back out to sea! I wanted to be free! Not stuck with you!” he just grinned.

“Well now that that’s over,” he said completely ignoring me, “ye can go pick out yer bunk in the crews’ quarters-”

“Ye’re kidding right? If I have to stay here I’m NOT sleeping in the crews’ quarters!”

“Well, ye could always sleep with me-" I slapped him across the face.

“Ye’re a dirty bastard! I’ll find my own place to sleep!” I said and marched back down the stairs and into the galley.

So this is the famous Black Pearl. I thought after I calmed down a bit. While staying in Port Rockford I had heard of Jack more then once and all about his precious ship. Well, it actually was a beautiful ship. I explored everywhere finding small hiding places and lots and lots and lots of rum.

“Ye steal me rum and ye get thrown over board,” a voice behind me said as I found yet another cabinet filled with rum. I wasn’t expecting it and fell on my butt after tripping on an empty bottle. Jack laughed.

“Not funny!” I glared at him and stood up, realizing I was still in my dress. I sighed. “Can I borrow some clothes?” he stopped laughing and starred at me.

“Are ye serious?”

“Do ye really expect me to stay in this dress until we reach port?”

“Well since I am Captain and they are me clothes so it’s my decision on what ye wear…” He studied my “clothes” Filthy scum looks at me like that for one more second- “Nope!” he said and walked out.

“Jack! Jack! UH!” I yelled and fell back into a chair. “What they wont give ye, steal,” I smiled and sneaked into Jacks room that I had found earlier.

“Clothes, clothes…” I said to myself and saw a small closet with a pair of pants hanging out of it. “Found ‘em” I quickly changed and threw my dress on his bed. I ripped the sleeves off and threw them next to my dress. I did the same with the part of the shirt that would cover my stomach and lower back and bunched it up at the bottom tying it together with elastic from a sleeve on my dress. Then I proceeded to the pants which, with greater difficulty, I ripped so they wear now shorts.

As I slowly walked onto the deck I saw Jack and the crew playing a game of cards. I frowned as I saw how pail I had gotten over the years. With the sun still high in the sky I walked straight out to the middle of the deck and sat down. I felt the crew starring at me but I knew it wasn’t Jack because he was facing the other direction.

“I raise the bet!” I heard him say as I lied down under the sun to work on a much needed tan. I tuned everything else out except for the rhythmic lapping of the waves.

“She ain’t here a day and she’s already in his pants!” a crew member joked.

“What are ye talkin’ about?” Jack asked then looked to see what his crew was starring at. “EMMA!” he yelled but again all I could hear was the waves. “EMMA! EMMA READ!” The crews’ laughter stopped dead at the sound of my name.

“Th-That’s Emma Read?” Another asked shakily for he had heard the tales; they all had.

Jack ignored him and got a bucket of water and poured it on top of me.

“What the hell was that for?!” I screamed at him spitting water out of my mouth.

“Here’s a better question! What the hell are ye doing in me clothes! And where are the rest of them!”

“Well you made the mistake of not giving them to me in the first place!”

He smiled evilly which made me confused. “Ye right it was a mistake,” He said much calmer and I heard a whistle from the crew, “Me shirt has such a better view…” I looked down to see the shirt had gone see through. Pushing Jack out of my way, I ran down to the crews’ quarters and grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around my shoulders.

I sat there for a while to calm myself down then walked to the galley to see the entire crew, and Jack, sitting there eating.

“Care to join us, love?” Jack smiled pointing to a chair next to him.

“No thank you,” I said through clenched teeth and turned to walk out but I was so hungry. I turned back and bent down to grab a small loaf of bread when I noticed a crew member starring at me in that way a drunken man would so I punched his eye and walked out. Jack caught me outside the door and yelled at me.

“What was that for?!”

“Tell your crew I’m off limits. I’m not a whore.”

“Well… the last time I talked to ye, ye said different…”

“Jack, if I’m a whore ye’re a gentleman.” I said to his face and walked onto the deck.

As I leaned on the railing, I ate my bread and looked at the stars. They were so beautiful at sea. A few sea gulls flew over my head so I threw some bread into the water.

“I never knew ye were such a giver,” Jack came up next to me and I continued to stare at the sky. “I mean givin’ people no mercy at all in a battle could immediately give that away.”

I turned and looked him in the eye. “There’s a lot ye don’t know about me Jack; one of them being that I still didn’t forgive ye.”

“I couldn’t have saved him Emma,” he said after a few seconds.

“Save him? What about the whole crew? What about the ship we both called home? I bet ye just ran away anyway…”

“Jack Sparrow doesn’t run away from a fight-” I laughed. “That day…”

“Save it, I don’t want to here it. I’m going to bed.” I said and started walking away but stopped when he talked.

“Where ye gonna sleep?” I could hear the smirk on his face as he walked up behind me and whispered in my ear, “My offer still stands…”

“No thanks,” I said shrugging him away and then looked around, “I already have a place to sleep,” I walked towards to ropes near the edge of the ship.

“Where? The crows nest?” Jack joked as I stood on the railing.

“Yep!” he stopped and looked at me blankly.

“But the ladders broken,”

“So?” I didn’t face him and hung the blanket around my neck and started to climb the ripped, waving rope.

“Ye’re crazy!”

“Just one of my amazing features…” I answered and continued to climb. When I almost reached the top one of his crew members came out.

“Jack! Charlie and Sam are fighting over the last chicken wing and-” he stopped to look at me climb into the crows nest. “Did she climb all that by herself?”

“Gibbs, I understand many things in this world. Things many people will never even know existed but there is one thing I will never understand,”

“What’s that Captain?”

“Women,” they watched the crows nest for a few more minutes then went below deck.