‹ Prequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Sequel: In No Hurry.
Status: Completed.

Call Me Hopeless, But Not Romantic.

It's the little things that make me happy.

The good thing about living alone was the fact that if I wanted to walk around in my boxers there would be no one around to object or tell me to put clothes on like there was when I was on tour.

I could sit happily in my living room watching re-runs of friends half naked and no one could stop me.

It's the little things that make me happy...

As I did just what I described someone begin banging on my front door ruining my happiness. I groaned knowing this meant my jeans had to be put back on. I grabbed them from my room and began to button them as I headed to the door. I ran my hand through my disleveled hair before swinging it open expecting to see one of the guys. Instead I was met with a crying girl I had never seen before.

A confused expression lit my face and the girls crying came to a halt.

"Uh, can I help yeh?" I asked awkwardly realizing I should include a shirt in my grab something and put it on pile.

"What floor is this?" She managed to ask the look she was giving me was enough for me to realize she didn't know where she was.

"3rd..."

"Crap! Ok. Sorry. Wrong apartment." She said sniffling and I nodded slowly. I watched her look at the door beside mine as she wiped her eyes and my curiosity took over.

"Who yeh lookin' for sweetheart?" I asked feeling a bit sympathetic for the girl. Although, I'm not sure I could help her find who she was looking for seeing as how I barely knew the names of the people beside me.

"I don't know." She said giving up and sitting against the wall across the hall.

I chuckled, "yeh don't know?"

"Well, I do, but I'm done with looking and my phone died so yeah." She said looking down at her lap as she sniffled.

I leaned against the door frame watching the rather pretty girl and wondering what I should say or do.

"Um, well, I don't reallah know everyone here, but what kind of phone yeh have?" I asked and she looked up at me her blue eyes taking me a bit off guard.

"iphone."

"I have one if yeh wanna use my charger. I mean, yeh can come in. I mean, unless yeh fink I'm gonna murda yeh I could, I don't know, charge it and bring it back to yeh?" I offered which was strange for me. Not that I wasn't nice to girls, but it just wasn't something I did.

A grin hit her lips and I spoke, "I mean I promise I won't kill yeh and yeh seem like yeh reallah need ta find whoeva so what do yeh say? I promise ta put a shirt on."

She laughed, "Ok."

I nodded with a grin as she got up from the ground, brushing her jeans off before I opened the door further so she could come in.

"Phone?" I asked and she quickly pulled it from her pocket and handed it to me.

"What's yeh name?" I asked as I plugged into my laptop that was on the floor.

"Macy."

"I'm Matt. Yeh know, yeh can sit down, I'm gonna go frow a shirt on." I said and she nodded as she sat down awkwardly on my couch.

I went to my room and quickly threw on a shirt before going back into the living room.

"Thanks for this. I'm sure crying strangers don't appear on your doorstep often."

I laughed, "Well, that they don't, but it's ok."

"Does a friend of yehs live in this buildin'?" I asked and she nodded, "Yeah she just moved here so I'm not sure where."

"Ah, I see. Well, if yeh don't mind me askin' why yeh cryin' love?" I asked leaning my arms onto my legs as I waited for her to reply.

"If I tell you, you're going to think I'm such a girl."

I laughed, "Boy break up with you?"

She shook her head no and I studied her tear stained face, "then what happened?" I asked truly intriqued now.

"Nothing, it sounds stupid now..." she said brushing a strand of hair from her face.

"How old are yeh?" I asked and she spoke softly, "18."

I nodded, "yeh a baby."

"Am not."

"Yeh are." I said chuckling.

"And how old are you?"

"22."

"Old."

I laughed, "Yeah a bit I guess huh?"

She laughed and nodded.

"So tell me what happened Macy."

"Now I'll really sound young." She said and I laughed, "Nonsense. Tell meh what happened. Yeh still in school?"

She nodded and I urged her to go on.

"People are just not nice." She said with a frown and I chuckled, "Welcome to life."

"It's just unfair. I guess because I'm nice and then people are so, horrible." She said softly and I frowned, "did someone hurt yeh?"

She shook her head no and I waited patiently for her to speak although I wanted to tell her to just spit it out already.

"Just high school drama you know? Like this girl Sarah told everyone I slept with this guy and now everyone thinks I'm like some slut and they call me names and yeah like I said it sounds stupid, it just I don't know, after a while it hurts." She said shrugging and I stared at her in disbelief, "people say that?"

She nodded and I sighed, "Macy, yeh know why they do that? Cause they are jealous. Yeh a very prettah girl and clearly that Sarah bitch is insecure."

She shrugged and I studied her. I wasn't good at speeches but I felt the need to tell her everything would be ok.

"Don't let'em get ta yeh, love. Yeh betta than them and there won't be any betta satisfaction then when yeh graduate and do somefin wif yeh life and yeh can rub it in their faces. Trust meh."

She gave me a grin and I leaned back against the chair.

"Thanks."

I nodded with a smile, "No problem. Yeh phone should be charged enough for yeh ta call someone or somefin if yeh wanna try."

She nodded and moved to my computer where she began fumbling with her phone. I know she was a bit young but even with her tear stained cheeks she was rather cute and I couldn't help but watch her carefully as she texted away on her phone.

"4th floor." She said with a laugh and I chuckled, "4th floor. 413 not 313 aye?"

She nodded and I came to a realization, "wait, who's yeh friend, love?"

"Katie Brooks."

"Reallah?!"

She nodded, "do you know her?"

"Do I know her? She and her boyfriend are like meh best mates."

"Really?"

I nodded and unplugged her phone, "come on love. I shall take yeh."

She laughed, "Thanks."

I nodded with a grin as I slid my shoes on and led the way to Katie and Tom's apartment.

Once we reached their door I knocked lightly and glanced over at Macy who was fiddling with her jacket.

"Macy! There you are!" Katie said and the girl looked up with a smile.

"Matt?" She said giving me a confused look, "long story short I was innocently watchin' television and someone knocked on my door and wa-la a cryin lil bird on my doorstep." I said following them inside.

"Is Tom not home?" I asked falling onto the couch.

"No, he should be back soon if he isn't out rounding up Oli to go beat up high school kids." She said and I gave her a confused look, "for Macy?"

"Yeah, she's their little cousin."

My mouth fell open unable to believe the words that left her mouth. How come she left that part out and how come I have never met her before?

"Wait. Yeh Oli's cousin and yeh didn't know who I was?"

"What? I'm his cousin and I'm suppose to know everyone?"

I chuckled, "well guess not."

She laughed as she curled up onto the couch beside me.

"Yeh ok now?" I asked giving her a concerned look.

She shrugged with a weak grin and before I could speak Oli and Tom walked in loudly.

"Who was it Macy?! I'll propa murda someone!" Oli said heatedly and she bit her lip nervously.

"Oli..."

"No! I'm sick of these arseholes treatin' yeh like this. I won't have it." He said crossing his arms and I chuckled at his demeanor. Oli angry some how always amused me.

"Mac, come on, let us fix this." Tom said being the calmer of the two. He sat beside her and rubbed her back lightly.

"You can't really."

"We can try. Oli will threaten every boy in the school if needed."

"Tell meh tha fuckas name who is not denyin' that he had sex wif yeh and afta I'm done wif him he'll be lucky ta eva have sex 'gain!" Oli said loudly and I busted out laughing.

"It's not worth it Oli. I'm about to graduate."

"Yeh still have a few months that's too long ta put up wif this shit." He said seriously and she shrugged as Tom watched her carefully.

Oli sighed, "so what? We're suppose ta juss watch yeh cry everyday?"

She shook her head no and looked down at her lap. I felt bad for her. She seemed like a sweet, nice girl. I didn't get why anyone would treat her this way.

"I told her they're juss jealous of her." I stated and Katie nodded in agreement.

"They are cause yeh awesome, Mac." Tom said pulling her to him and kissing her head.

"Thanks guys." She whispered.

"Yeh can stay here tonight if yeh want." He offered.

"Yeah, stay here and i'll personally walk yeh to yeh locka in tha mornin' bet those fuckas will leave yeh 'lone then." Oli grumbled as he crossed his arms.

I laughed, "settle down yeh bloke."

"Juss propa pisses meh off."

"I'll take yeh in tha mornin' and save yeh from tha embarrassment." I offered and Oli rolled his eyes.

"Thanks."

I nodded and got up from the couch, "well I'm gonna go back ta my place and sleep."

"Yeh know she has ta be at school by 8 right?" Oli asked and I nodded, "I'm not bloody stupid."

"Do yeh even know what 7 looks like?" Tom teased and I threw up my middle finger.

"See yeh in tha mornin' Macy." I said ignoring a laughing Oli as I left their apartment.

I was still unsure as to why I offered to take her to school. Probably because I honestly felt bad for the bird and I didn't think anyone had a right to treat her the way they were and if I could fix it then I would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but sweet. Didn't want it to be too long for the first chapter.

How do I already have subcribers?! That's insane...just like StellaSykes...haha.

I am super excited to get this story going! :)