‹ Prequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Sequel: In No Hurry.
Status: Completed.

Call Me Hopeless, But Not Romantic.

What's so wrong with that?

I regretted my decision once morning hit. I groaned forcing myself to get ready and by 7:45 I some how made it to Tom's door alive.

I knocked and Macy opened it with a grin. She was in fact even prettier without tears in her eyes. Of course, she was a bit young for me so that would never be told to anyone.

"Ready?" She nodded as she closed the door behind her.

"I wish I could just drive."

I chuckled, "Nah, Oli's right Macy. Somefin needs ta be done. It's unfair and yeh too nice ta be treated badly."

We got in my car and I drove us to the all too familiar school. Everything about it was just as I remembered.

"I just think they think I can't take up for myself." She said as we walked slowly from the parking lot.

"Well Mac, can yeh?" I asked glancing over at her.

"Yeah, I just...I don't know."

"No worries love." I said giving her hand a squeeze before we entered the building. I leaned against the locker beside hers as she opened it up and threw books inside. Of course I got several stares from passing kids but it wasn't like I cared much. I had been there done that so it didn't phase me.

"So show meh which one she is." I said calmly as I looked over the crowd now filling the hall.

"You aren't going to say anything are you?" She asked grabbing onto my arm.

"No. I juss wanna know is all."

She nodded still a bit uncertain as she dropped my arm and scanned the crowd, "she's to your left. Blue dress." She whispered and my eyes finally landed on the blonde girl who was giggling like one in those teen movies you see. She really wasn't anything spectacular from what I could tell.

"Psh. It is definitely jealousy. I mean, come on Mac, yeh way prettah than that." I said looking back over at Macy.

She blushed as she shrugged lightly, "I don't know."

"Yeh are."

"That boy across from her is the boy." She said and I eyed him only to laugh.

"I could take him. What do yeh fink?"

She hit my shoulder with a chuckle and I grinned, "and he's juss jealous cause in reality he couldn't get a bird like yeh cause he's a tool."

"You just have this all figured out huh?"

"Wise."

"Old."

I laughed and before I could speak a kid walked up to me, "um are you in bring me the horizon?"

"That is so."

"Dude you rock." The boy said and I laughed, "Thanks man."

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh. Droppin' my friend Macy off. She's Oli's cousin." I said crossing my arms and his face went blank, "Really?"

I nodded with a smirk knowing it wouldn't be long before that spreads like wild fire.

The kid talked for a few more seconds and quickly went on his way. I looked over at Macy and she sighed, "why did you do that?"

"Caue Mac, it's for tha best. Why don't yeh want anyone ta know?"

"Because, I'd rather be hated than have people pretend to like me just because of who I'm related to."

"Well at least yeh will have a few peaceful months then yeh neva have ta see any of 'em 'gain."

She nodded and I gave her a grin, "I'll pick yeh up at 3?"

"Yeah."

"Ok see yeh then. Try and have a good day yeah?" I said with a grin as I squeezed her arm lightly.

She nodded and I gave her a smile before leaving. Instead of going back to my place I went to Tom's knowing they both were probably up because they are insane.

I knocked and it wasn't long until Katie opened the door.

"So?" She said stepping over allowing me to walk in.

"Tha girl is no where near as prettah as Macy and tha guy is a complete joke." I said as Tom looked up from his computer.

"Don't worrah though. Some kid asked me why I was there and they now know she's Oli's cousin." I said with a grin as I sat down beside him.

"Poor kid." Katie said with a frown.

"Maybeh it will help though." Tom stated and I shrugged. Maybe.

I couldn't help but worry about the little bird all day. I didn't have any way to find out if she was ok and it just kind of bothered me.

So needless to say I was at the school by 2 although I knew I had to wait 30 more minutes. I'm unsure as to why I care so much but, I didn't like the thought of someone hurting the girl.

I got out and leaned against my car waiting to hear the familiar sound of the bell but before it sounded Macy appeared walking out of the building quickly.

I crossed my arms a bit confused and once she saw me she headed towards me.

"Are yeh skippin'?" I asked with a grin as she reached me.

She shook her head no and my smile quickly faded, "Mac,what happened?" I asked seriously.

"Nothing. Can we go?" She asked softly and I studied her face, "yeah, actuallah tell meh which car is that kids."

She shook her head no and I gave her a look causing her to sigh and cross her arms.

"That one." She said pointing to a red car across the parking lot.

"Ok. Now get in the car and I'll be right back." I said as the bell finally rang.

"Matt." She said grabbing my arm.

"Look, I'm not gonna hurt him. Juss shake him up a bit." I said and she bit her lip.

I pulled her hand from my arm and opened the door for her. She got in slowly and I walked over to that idiots car. I was unsure what took place, but I knew enough to know she didn't have a good day.

I leaned against the kids car and finally I saw the idiot walking through the parking lot a confused look lighting his face once he saw me.

"Can I help you?" He asked and I pushed off from his car, "yeah yeh can. Yeh need ta lay off Macy."

His face went white and he shoved his hands into his jacket.

"Mate I did nothing. Girl drama is what that is."

"When yeh don't deny anyfing it makes it yeh drama too."

"Who are yeh ta her?"

"A friend, but I mean, next time I can send her family if yeh want. They won't even let yeh talk. Truss me. So it's yeh choice. Fix it all Monday or get killed. Yeh choice reallah."

He nodded clearly a bit scared now and I just walked back to my car. I'm sure he would be making everything better and if not I'd kill him myself.

I got in the car and Macy looked over at me nervously.

"What? I didn't do anyfing. I promise."

She sighed and leaned against the seat. I patted her knee lightly and she looked over at me.

"Hey least it's tha weekend now. Tell meh what happened." I said softly and she shook her head, "Just same stuff different day."

"I need ta toughin' yeh up a bit."

She rolled her eyes and I chuckled, "it'll be ok Mac. Promise."

She nodded and I spoke, "hungry? Did yeh eat lunch?"

"No..."

"No to tha hunger or no to tha lunch?"

She laughed, "No to lunch."

"What I fought. Let's pick up some pizza on tha way to Tom's. Yeh eat that?"

"Do you know a person who doesn't eat pizza?"

I chuckled, "well no. Juss makin' sure yeh weren't gonna be tha first."

She laughed and I smiled as I messed with the radio and headed to the closest pizza place.

We got 3 pizzas to be exact. Simply because who knows who would be over at Tom's place once we got there.

"Matt, let me get one of those boxes." She said as we walked up the stairs.

I laughed, "I got it."

"If you drop it I'll kill you."

"See! That was more like it!"

She laughed and opened the door for me.

"Oye, yeh brought food." I heard Jona say.

See, told you.

"Seems that way aye?" I mumbled sitting it all on the table.

"How was yeh day lil bird?" Oli asked messing up Macy's hair.

"Oh, i don't know. Depends on what part you are referring too. The part where Matty threatened Jacob or some other part?" She said and I laughed, "Um, tha bird was upset I juss, fixed it." I said shrugging.

"I also told him if he didn't clear this mess up, I'd have him killed. Fink he believed it."

Macy groaned and Oli laughed, "Good job mate."

She shook her head and grabbed a piece of pizza from the plate someone had sat on the table.

"Yeah Mac, go right ahead." Jona said with a smile as he rolled his eyes.

She laughed, "finders keepers."

I laughed as I sat down, "so wait, yeh know Jona?"

"Yeah." She said biting into her cheese pizza.

"And yet yeh didn't know meh!?"

"Well I mean, you sort of looked familiar..."

I rolled my eyes and everyone laughed, "face it mate. Yeh not very rememberable." Jona said shrugging.

I glared at him and Macy laughed, "I won't forget you now Matty." She said patting my shoulder.

"Gonna come ta our show tomorra Mac?" Jona asked with his mouth full.

"Um, I don't know..."

"Yes." Oli said with a nod and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah yeh should." I stated, "then yeh can meet everyone and not seem like a horribe cousin."

She pushed me lightly and I chuckled.

"Let me guess, drummer?"

"Uh yeah...how did yeh know?"

"His douche bag quality huh?" Jona asked and I shot him a look as Oli and Tom laughed.

"Matty's not a douche bag." Katie said defending me and I nodded with a grin.

Oli rolled his eyes as he stood up finishing off his pizza, "Alright. Gotta go pick up meh bird. Got a doctas appointment."

"Awe my little cousin is gonna have a baby." Macy said and he rolled his eyes, "first off yeh my lil cousin."

She shrugged and he patted her head, "I'll call yeh all lata."

"Lata mate."

"So yeh know I'm a drumma cause?" I asked as I began to put the pizza in the refrigerator.

She chuckled, "because you have nice arms."

I smirked as I leaned against the counter, "cause of my arms?"

"Yes." She said with a nod as she sat her glass in the sink.

I crossed my arms with a grin causing her to roll her eyes, "you know, kind of hard not to notice when you open your front door shirt less."

"Well, figured it was kind of hard for yeh ta notice them since yeh were cryin'."

She glared at me and I chuckled.

"Well, thanks for picking me up and the pizza, but I need to head home."

"Gonna come tomorra?" I asked following her back into the living room.

"I'll think about it."

"Yeh kind of owe meh." I said with a grin.

"Do not."

"Do so."

She rolled her eyes, "I'll see you tomorrow."

I laughed as I fell onto the couch and she said bye to Tom and Katie.

Once she left Tom looked over at me and I gave him a confused look, "What?"

"Dont try anyfing on her Matty. Yeh got meh?"

I rolled my eyes, "She is propa young mate. Juss feel bad for tha lass."

"See, Matty can be sweet." Katie said.

"Yeah, I don't buy it."

I rolled my eyes, "well believe it."

I know it was hard to believe but it was the truth. I just, I don't know, felt the need to help the bird out and yeah, she wasn't so bad to hang out with either, but I wasn't thinking into it or anything.

Although, I found myself hoping she would come out to the show tomorrow. That was mainly because I felt like she needed to have some fun for once.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been updating on my lunch break which explains my early updates lately...haha. anyways,
Thanks for the comments:
Lexin3d
StellaSykes (I don't even need to include you anymore. Haha jk.)
As Above_So Below
And Colorful_dinos!