‹ Prequel: We Come out at Night

Crossroads

Studio Time & Tongues Unleashed

“Hey baby you awake?” Matt’s voice whispered in my ear.

“Maybe.” I smirked into my pillow.

“Very funny smart ass. I wanted to know if you wanted to go into the studio today? Lexi, Aden and Katie are all going.” he replied pressing a kiss to my shoulder.

“Mmm…sure. Do I have to get up right now though?” I asked.

Matt’s laugh filled my ears, “No. We’re not leaving until 11. It’s nine now.”

“Good. Now let me sleep.” I laughed.

“Alright…Love you.” Matt said and pressed a kiss to my lips before I heard his footsteps leave the room and the door close.

It had been a little over 2 weeks since Joanna had left for Phoenix and the house was quiet. With the exception of Jude’s coos and giggles there wasn’t much going on. Brian, Jimmy and Matt were at the studio most of the time leaving Lexi, Aden and I home alone. Zacky had moved in with bitch and their spawn. I wasn’t sure if it was because he knew that the four of us girls were plotting ways to cut his balls off or if it was because he felt he needed to be with the mother of his child but either way we weren’t complaining.

However like I said it was quiet and I hated quiet. We all missed Joanna something awful. I had three mechanisms that blocked out that silence though.

The first was being around my friends as much as I could even if we were just practicing for the upcoming show. Second came drowning the silence with the help of my iPod. I loved blasting music, especially my current obsession Asking Alexandria. The last of my ways to cope was the one that was the least popular one amongst my friends and the real reason I wanted Matt to leave me alone.

After listening to the noises in the hallway to make sure that everyone was either in their rooms or one of the bathrooms I climbed out of bed and locked the bedroom door. Walking into the closet I found the hard case I used for my bass when we went overseas and pulled it out. Walking back out I sat it down and opened it up revealing my stash.

Before he’d left Max and I had gotten together. Max had given me what he had in his stash so that Craig couldn’t find it since both him and Joanna were on the lookout. He told me he’d get more when he got back to Phoenix. There was a substantial amount of stuff which would last until the show when Max was going to hook me up with his dealer. It killed me that I was hiding stuff from Matt and Joanna but I was a grown adult. They had no right to tell me I couldn’t do something.

I grabbed one of the Oxys and the glass of water on my bedside table. I popped the pill in my mouth and chewed it up before downing a healthy drink of water to wash away the bitter taste. Over the past couple of weeks I had built up a tolerance for them where I had a decent high but was better at hiding it.

I sat there for a few minutes until the I felt the buzz settle over me before closing the case and carrying it back to the closet and tucking it back in its place. Shucking off my clothes I put on my robe and walked to the bathroom which I could hear was empty. After a quick shower I wrapped myself in my robe once again and headed back to the bedroom.

However the moment I walked past the doors I felt someone grab me. I wanted to scream but a split second later I was pinned to the bed with Matt’s lips on mine.

“Holy shit Matt you scared the fuck out of me!” I said slapping his chest when he pulled away.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you babe. I just saw you and couldn’t resist.” he smirked and kissed me again.

An hour and a half later we emerged from our room having taken three times as long to get dressed as we usually would. And not because I we couldn’t figure out what to wear. I had pulled on my favorite jeans which were a little too big, a pink Beauty And The Beast t-shirt and black and pink Converse and a pink lip ring. I hadn’t bothered with my contacts and opted for my glasses and had simply tied my hair into two braids.

The only thing I had made sure to wear was a grenade necklace. The grenade was hollow and inside I could hide at least 3 oxys. It was a gift from Max before he left. No one else knew that it was anything other than a necklace which was good for me.

When we got downstairs Lexi and Aden were waiting for us. Lexi wore a Rocky Horror Picture Show shirt that read ‘Don’t Dream It, Be It.”, jeans and leapord flats with gold spikes and a black cameo with a red rose around her neck. Aden was in a Labyrinth shirt, jeans and low rise converse, a green spiral ring in her lip. In her arms was Jude who was in a onesie with a penguin with a Mohawk playing guitar, jeans and Yo Gabba Gabba slip ons. In his mouth was a pacifier that said ‘Godson’ which was a gift from Joanna. Since she’d left he hadn’t let it out of his sight.

“Are you two finally ready? I can only imagine what was taking you both so long.” Lexi smirked winking.

“Fuck you Lexi.” I said flipping her off.

“Not my job hon.” she said and headed for the door.

Aden just rolled her eyes and carried Jude out to Matt’s SUV. After she buckled him in we headed to the studio. Jimmy, Brian, Johnny and Zacky were already there. When we walked into the recording room we saw Katie sitting in the corner with Alaina looking like something smelled horrible. I didn’t have to guess what it was.

Sitting on a couch on the other side of the room were Heather and Hank. Hank was whining that he was bored and making a huge racket. Zacky was in the booth and couldn’t hear anything but Jimmy, Johnny and Brian looked like they were about to murder the kid. Aden, Lexi and I shot glared at her and walked on past and over to Katie.

“I can’t believe he brought that fucking whore!” she whispered clamping her hands over Aliana’s ears first.

“Same here.” Lexi said sitting down.

“I say we cut his balls off and then make her skanky ass eat them.” Aden said.

“As if she hasn’t already.” I smirked and the others laughed.

We sat and continued to talk when Alaina crawled from Katie’s lap and onto mine. She curled up there, holding her favorite monkey and a few moments later her eyes fluttered closed. I smiled as I looked down at her. She was in a yellow and white striped onesie with a monkey on the front with her star sign (Sagittarius) under it, jeans, yellow shoes and yellow bows in her blondish brown hair.

“Oh my god I can’t believe you got her to go to sleep.” Katie said.

“What? She hasn’t been sleeping?” I asked.

“No. Johnny decided to watch Friday The 13th with her and she’s had nightmares ever since. I didn’t even know an 8 month old could have nightmares! Add to that she‘s had the sniffles for the past week and she‘s a mess.” she replied.

“Jude hasn’t been sleeping well either since Joanna left.” Aden replied.

“I know. Whore bag just up and left.” I frowned rocking Alaina gently.

“We should call her and yell at her.” Lexi replied.

“Hell yes!” I said and pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Joanna’s number.

“Hello?” she asked when she picked up.

“Hey it’s us.” I smiled putting it on speaker.

“What’s up?” she asked.

“We’re just sitting around at the studio bitching about the fact that you’re not here with us you slut muffin.” Katie replied.

Joanna laughed, “I’m sorry! But you know I needed time away from California.”

“Yeah yeah yeah whatever you say.” Lexi replied.

“Well if you’re missing me so much why don’t you just fucking come see me?” she asked.

I looked at the others, “That’s not a half bad idea. You think Max and Craig would mind?” I asked.

“Mind? Fuck I’ll pay for your tickets out here! It would be amazing to see Joanna smile like she used to in Cali.” Craig’s voice suddenly came over the line.

“Well I’m in if you’re buying.” I laughed.

“Same here.” Aden replied.

“Damn. Wish I could but the guys want me to help out on some vocals.” Lexi frowned.

“Yeah and Alaina’s too sick!” Katie said returning Lexi’s look.

“Well then why don’t Aden and Lucy come out for a few days before the concert and then we’ll all just fly back there together?” Joanna suggested.

“Sounds like a plan to me.” Aden replied.

“Same here.” Joanna laughed.

“FUCK YEAH!” Max’s voice came from somewhere in the background.

“Excuse me! Can you PLEASE not curse!?! My child is to young for that kind of language!” Heather snapped.

Usually I would’ve remained silent and shot her death glares, opting to let Aden take care of her. I wasn’t into confrontation. However thanks to the drugs in my system lately it was harder to hold my tongue. I had already let loose on Zacky a few weeks before and this time it seemed it was worse than usual.

“Katie take Alaina.” I said and she took her daughter from my arms.

I stood up and walked over to where Heather sat.

“Look bitch I’ve had it up to here with you and your screaming brat. You are a class A whore and I’m not going to fucking sit here and listen to your jabbering one more moment! It was you and your STD infested crotch that drove my best friend out of her house and out of this state! You and that buck toothed, cross eyed, freak show of a kid! The only reason I don’t curse the day your bitch ass was born is because you showed Joanna just how much of a pussy ass cock sucking liar Zack is! I hope that you, him and your short bus brat spawn are happy together! Now if I were you I would get my fake titted bleach blonde ass out the front fucking door before I tear out those cheap ass extensions out in front of your kid.” I spat.

She looked appalled for a moment before glaring at me. I heard my friends move behind me and knew they were getting ready to step in if need be. Heather glanced over my shoulder at Zacky who had emerged from the booth just before my little rant. I turned and glared at him, daring him to tell her not to leave. He just adverted his eyes.

“This isn’t over bitch.” she hissed and grabbed Hank roughly before storming out of the studio.

I turned around to my friends who were all looking at me. A moment later Aden clapped her hands and before I knew it everyone but Zacky was clapping. I laughed and bowed before walking over and sitting down in my seat.

“What was that?” Joanna, who was still on the line, asked.

“Lucy throwing a bucket of water on the Wicked Witch Of The West.” Aden laughed.

“You just told off Heather?” Joanna asked.

“Yeah.” I laughed.

“Wow! Way to go Lucy!” Max cheered.

“Thank you. Now when do you want Aden and I in Phoenix?” I asked.

“As soon as possible!” Joanna yelled.

“So…end of next week?” Aden asked.

“Yes!!!!” Joanna screamed.

“Sweet! We’ll see you then!” I replied and hung up.

I couldn’t wait to go to Phoenix. However at the same time I felt something in the pit of my stomach that just wasn’t right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Studio