‹ Prequel: We Come out at Night

Crossroads

Collaborations And Shiny Things

Lucy’s POV

“Holy shit!” Max said jumping back from where he’d had his hands on my belly.

“What?” I asked looking at him.

“It moved!” he replied.

I laughed, “Yeah they do that from time to time.”

“It just…makes them real.” he replied.

“I know. It’s scary huh?” I asked.

He let out a small laugh, “A bit.”

“Lucy? You have a couple of visitors.” Gloria said poking her head into the rec room where Max and I were watching TV.

“Oh yay.” I said with a little clap.

Max stood up and took my hands and pulled me up. I pecked him on the cheek before heading out to meet whoever it was that had come to see me.

“LUCY!” Lexi screamed when she saw me and threw her arms around my neck in a hug which I gladly returned.

It had been 4 months since I’d last seen Lexi and 3 since I talked to her. She had been on tour with the guys and it had been hard to get a hold of her. Both Lexi and Jimmy were night owls. They’d sleep all day and party all night. And since I was pregnant as hell I found myself falling asleep around 8 at night instead of just as the sun came up like I was used to. Therefore just as I was getting up Lexi was going to bed which made it hard to get a hold of one another.

“God I missed you!” I said hugging her.

“I missed you too!” she replied.

“And what? You didn’t miss me?”

I turned and saw Joanna standing by the door.

“Of course I missed you but I just saw you like what? A month and a half ago?” I laughed hugging her as well.

“Whatever. C’mon lets go talk.” Joanna said and looped her arm around mine, heading for the door to the garden.

“Agreed. We have much to talk about.” Lexi replied catching up and putting her other arm though mine. I had spotted her out of the corner of my eye talking to Max. It had looked like she’d passed him something.

“What was that? What did you just give him?” I asked Lexi.

“Hmm? Oh nothing. C’mon we have news!!” she said.

I knew she was lying but I shook it off. It couldn’t be anything big could it?

We walked outside and settled under a tree on one of the large benches that were outside. With a little difficulty I pulled my legs up Indian style and settled myself.

“So what’s up?” I asked.

“Well we have news.” Joanna said as she picked at her shoe.

“News?” I asked my stomach dropping a little.

“Yeah. Big news.” she replied still not looking up.

“Are you kicking me out of the band?” I asked.

She sighed and looked up at me, “No. I’m sorry but you have to stay in the band.” and a smirk broke out on her face.

“Bitch!” I yelled and shoved her off the bench.

She landed on the grass laughing her ass off, Lexi laughing too.

“That’s not funny! I’m hormonal as fuck carrying two fucking kids in me and you want to pull that shit?!?” I asked.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t resist.” she smirked.

“Ug. So do you really have news for me or not?” I asked shooting them both a dark look.

“We do. We’re sorry.” Lexi said putting her hand on my knee.

“Then what is it?” I asked.

“Okay we have a gig coming up in LA. It’s called Feature Fest.” Lexi said.

“And here’s the fun part. We’re all getting to be featured playing with different bands.” Lexi smiled.

“Really? That’s awesome.” I replied.

“Yeah and they already have all of the bands we’re singing with set up.” Joanna replied.

“So who are we paired up with?” I asked.

“Well I’m going to get to sing with Mindless Self Indulgence.” Lexi smiled.

“Are you serious?!? That’s awesome! What about everyone else? Who’s playing with you guys?” I asked.

“Well Aden’s getting to sing with Ludo and she’s freaking out. Caleb is going to play drums with Disturbed and I get to play violin during A Little Piece of Heaven with Avenged.” Joanna smiled.

“Holy shit that’s great!” I smiled.

“And guess who you’re going to be with!” Lexi gushed.

“Wait…I’m playing?” I asked.

“Duh! You’re going to be out by then. Why wouldn’t you?” Joanna asked.

“I don’t know. I just didn’t think I would be.” I replied.

“Well you are. Now do you want to know or not?” Joanna asked.

“FUCK YES!” I replied.

“You’re going to be screaming with Asking Alexandria.” she smiled.

“WHAT?!?” I asked looking back between the two of them.

“Yeah. You start rehersals the week before we have the show.” Lexi smiled.

I couldn’t believe it. I was going to get to scream on stage with Danny Worsnop.

“This is amazing.” I said running my hands through my hair.

“I know. Just promise you won’t kidnap him.” Joanna laughed.

“No worry. I have Max.” I laughed.

We talked about the tour for the rest of the time they were there. However eventually visiting hours were over and it was time for them to leave. I hugged them goodbye and headed to the rec room to see if Max was there.

Sure enough he was watching some gory horror movie on tv. Smiling I walked over and sat down beside him.

“Hey.” he smiled and kissed my head.

“Hey.” I smiled back.

“So what did the girls want?” he asked.

“Nothing much. Just to tell me that in a few months I’m going to be on stage with Asking Alexandria.” I replied my mouth curving into a smirk.

“What? Are you serious?” He asked.

“As a heart attack. I will be on stage screaming with Danny Worsnop while Ben Bruce, James Cassells, Sam Bettley, and Cameron Liddell play behind us.” I said.

“I’m so happy for you babe!” he laughed and hugged me, kissing me softly.

“Thanks.” I replied.

He was silent for a moment tapping his fingers on the arm of the couch, his knee shaking.

“Max? Are you okay?” I asked.

“Me? I’m fine.” he replied.

I remembered earlier when Lexi had passed some thing to Max. I sat up as quick as I could with my belly and turned to look at Max.

“Max….what did Lexi give you earlier?” I asked.

“Huh?” he asked.

“I asked you what Lexi gave you earlier. Answer me Maxwell. It had better not be anything that you shouldn’t be having.” I said glaring at him. I wasn’t about to say the word ‘drugs’ in a rehab center. The last thing we needed was to be interrogated by Gloria and the other heads of the center.

“It wasn’t anything like that Luce.” he replied.

“Then what was it?” I asked.

“It was nothing.” he replied.

“Nothing? If it’s nothing then you can tell me what the fuck she gave you.” I replied getting annoyed.

He sighed, “Fine. This wasn’t supposed to happen yet but I guess this is as good a time as any.” he replied and stood up.

I opened my mouth to say something when he crouched down in front of me on one knee. Instantly everything seemed to move in slow motion as he reached in his pocket producing a black velvet box.

“Lucy…I love you so much. You’re beautiful and I’m sure our little girl will be just as beautiful. So I want to make a promise to you. I want to promise you that I will love the both of you forever, that little boy too even if he’s not mine. Will you marry me?” he asked and opened the box.

Sitting in the box was a platinum ring with a diamond in the center and three smaller ones on each side.

“So?” he asked.

“Yeah…yes! Of course!” I smiled and he quickly slipped the ring on my finger.

Standing up with a huge grin on his face he pressed his lips to mine before settling back down beside me on the couch.

I couldn’t stop staring at the ring. It was beautiful.

“Where did you get this? WHEN did you get this?” I asked.

“I’ve been doing a little shopping while you were napping the past few days. When I found the one I wanted I called Lexi since she can keep the best secret out of all the girls and had it mailed to her at the hotel her and the guys stopped at before her and Joanna came to visit. She brought it to me today.” he replied.

“Well you did a perfect job. It's so shiny! I love you baby.” I smiled.

“I love you too.” he said with a laugh and kissed me softly.

I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder and slowly fell asleep with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Visitors