Status: Trying To Find Motivation

Lives of the Party

Divorce

Sarah grabbed her bag after making sure her make-up was perfect; bright red lips, thin black eyeliner, and a little tint of blush.

She rushed down the stairs and went to the kitchen hoping her parents didn’t see her.

“Sarah,” too late.

With a sigh the young girl bit her lip and turned towards the table. Her mother sat there alone with a bowl of oatmeal in front of her.

“You’re not gonna eat?”

“I was just gonna grab an apple right now.”

“Why aren’t you eating?”

“Didn’t you hear me I just said I was-“

“I heard you but a piece of fruit couldn’t possibly be a full meal.” She scolded.

“It’ll do just fine,” she answered.

They fell into silence and Sarah rocked back and forth on her heel and toes waiting for her to allow her to leave.

“Is this about the divorce?”

“Mom,” the girl began to protest.

“Tell me the truth.”

The girl looked off to the side and sighed.

“I’m just not hungry.”

The mother accepted the answer and nodded allowing her to leave. Sarah didn’t feel so hungry anymore and just rushed to the door before she ran into her dad. She couldn’t get to school fast enough it seemed as she jumped into her car and raced towards the high school.

She pulled into her unofficial, official parking space next to Jessica who picked up Samantha and Natalie.

“Hey,” she greeted her friends who returned the welcome.

“What are we doing tonight?” Jessica asked as they huddled around her car.

School didn’t start for another 40 minutes but they always got there early to talk and socialize.