I'd Sacrifice This World to Hold You

Chapter 21 - The Hurse.

Chapter 21

2 Weeks Later

It was the day of Zacky's funeral. We had done all the preparations. Billie was still pretty scared to leave his house.

In some ways, he was pretty sensible but maybe in others he was a bit over protective of everything around him, including himself.

Me and Hayley were at mine getting ready. I looked myself up and down in the mirror. I remember Zacky once said he wanted his friends to dress casual at his funeral. He wanted people to celebrate his life, not mourn his death. He said that just 2 weeks before he'd died. Almost as if he knew it was coming.

I looked at how tight my skinny fit jeans were. Nicely holding the curves in place. I was also wearing a black shirt and a punk tie. I had two buttons undone and the sleeves rolled up. Zacky used to love it when I wore this outfit. So it was for him today.

I picked up a folded piece of paper from the table next to my bed. I opened it and scan-read it. I folded it back up and slipped it into the back pocket of my jeans. It was my speech. What I had been preparing for weeks. Just a few of the many things I wanted to say about Zacky.

The funeral was to take place at the local church. His mother is very religious like that. Then he was to be buried outside.

Later we would all go back to Zacky's parents' house for the wake. Hayley and I drove to the funeral, near enough silent the whole way. No music. Little conversation.

"Are you okay?" I asked her quitely.

She looked into her lap and nodded silently. She was wearing a smart black dress with black heels. She looked stunning.

We pulled into the drive of the church. I parked neatly today. I thought it'd be over stepping the line if I parked here the way I do at school. Where I near enough take up two parking spots.

I turned off the engine. Hayley was still looking down into her lap. It was hurtful seeing her upset. Her hands were in her lap too. I took my hand and rested it on hers. Stroking her hand slowly with my thumb.

"It's all gonna be all right," I said soothingly. She looked up at me and raised a smile. It was weak but it was enough to make me smile back at her.

The hurse arrived. It was time to go in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but it gets things moving again I guess.

Need more subscribers and readers please =] lol

Be warned next chapter is going to be really sad. Lol

You've been warned.